Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

2.6

Generally I found this to be a fairly good product; it smells nice, and does the job and I repurchased it a few times.However I only use it if I'm not wearing a waterproof mascara, because it just doesn't remove it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This makeup remover sucks, and I don't even know why I dealt with it for a year. It barely removed my makeup, even after scrubbing my eyes with a Q-tip. All it did was peel the skin around my eyes as a result, which was not fun. Since it didn't remove my makeup properly, I had to invest in baby oil to remove my eye makeup, then makeup removing wipes to wipe of the oil, and then I would use this at the end just to remove any residue; all of this adding up to more money than I should spend. I suggest you save your $5 and buy a nice sandwich or something, because this makeup remover is not worth it at all.

I have the "Gentle Waterprood Eye Make-up Remover" and it's quite different from the non-waterproof remover (which my mom has and it's just... crappy and won't remove anything, although it's mascara that will disappear with only water).
Mine is a white bottle and it's very cheap here in Sweden when I buy it on sales (about 4$) and it's the one I keep on re-purchasing all the time. It's great for the waterproof mascara and eyeliner that will disappear rather quick with this and although it's not recommended I find it good at removing the rest of my make-up too. The only negative aspect would be how it can burn one's eye if it gets straight into it, but in general there is no burn-feeling at all with this. It does, however, make me break out if I accidentally get some on my cheeks or such.

- Update 2 years later -
Now I have started using Vaseline for removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner and it's cheaper and better. For the rest of the face, another product. I can't believe I tolerated eye-burn for so long - just imagining it now makes me shudder. My poor eyes. So no, I would recommend you to not stay tolerant with this as I did for two years - just move on and find another product that won't hurt.

I have tried the lot: Lancome Bi-Facil, Clinique Take the Day Off, all the high-end products and honestly, this one is the one I keep going back to. Non-oily, no residue, non-drying, it does everything and comes dirt cheap. The only issue I have is the bottle overdoses easily but other than that I'm keeping with this one. Also it can take a little while to dry, but I think those 10 seconds are worth it.
Also great for my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This isn't bad but it isn't good either. I didn't have any problems with it burning my skin but it really isn't very good at removing make-up, especially mascara or anything waterproof. I use the waterproof version now.

For all those with SENSITIVE eyes:
This does not help much. I had big problems with this product. It burned me, it gave me redness.
This may be just my case, but I still wanted to warn you. Just because it said "gentle" on the label, does not make it fit for sensitive eyes.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product as it was voted top eye makeup remover in the book, 'Beauty Steals'. I just can't understand why anyone has rated this so well because the bottom line is, it DOESN'T REMOVE EYE MAKEUP! (and by the way, I do not use waterproof mascara). Performance was so poor, that I actually threw the bottle away after just a few uses which is something I never normally do. Needless to say, I would not recommend this, and am now having serious reservations about the validity of the people from The Beauty Bible who put out the book which recommended it so highly. I'll be sticking firmly to MUA from now on for the low down on products!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as my mum brought me back the wrong eye makeup remover from the store and so I just thought I would use it up and see how it was. It doesn't remove alot. Takes off most traces of eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't remove my gel eyeliner, liquid liner or pencil, so it's pretty useless for that. I ended up using this to remove light foundation. Did a better job with that. Didn't sting my skin but disapointed with this product :(

I don't know what everyone's talking about - personally, this product does not dry my eyes out, it does not leave me itching or burning and it gets my makeup off fine. Even my mascara (non-waterproof). You just have to repeat the cleansing a couple of times.
The only downside is that it doesn't remove waterproof makeup. When I'm wearing waterproof makeup, I just use something else.
I have nothing to complain about regarding the packaging but it's nothing special either. Just kinda what you'd expect.
The product is cheap and easy to come by, very convenient.
I use this every day. So yes, I'd definitely buy it again, since it's cheap, efficient and easy to find.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eye makeup remover it is really gentle on my eyes and doesnt sting at all. I would give it 5 stars but im giving it 4 because it does dry my eyes out abit!