November 27, 2014 | 1589 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Beware - mascara from hell.

So I needed a new mascara and picked up this because I found a nice deal on it plus it's been around forever so I figured it was some sort of classic. Big mistake. How do I put this? This mascara is very messy to apply even though it has a small wand. It does define lashes a bit, but beware of the SMUDGING as hours go by. This mascara will stay put for a few hours but it does not last from morning to evening and it will give you some serious panda eyes. And the most interesting part is that even though it all it does is smudging, it is actually difficult to remove! Ugh. I don't have anything nice to say about this stuff, even the packaging sucks, looks very old fashioned and cheap. Would give it 0 lippies if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Milchfrau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara on a whim as my old one ran out; I remember seeing a bunch of very positive reviews on it.

Honestly, I was thoroughly disappointed; this mascara makes me look like I have black toothpicks as eyelashes. The formula is really really wet. I guess this is supposed to make the result look more natural, but it is really unpractical to work with.

If you even apply the tiniest droplet of black on your lids, that's it, bud. Your day is ruined. Because there is no way you can rid yourself of this mascara without scrubbing half your face of; that's how horrid it is to remove.It tethers your eyelashes together like tar. Have fun loosing half your eye when you take your face off.

So...If you're looking for something with longevity, this is product what you're looking for.

However, for others, this seems like a HG product...

In conclusion, it's a product worth trying. It's not too expensive, and seems to yield some really good results for some. For me, not at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by warrenma1

This is one of the best drugstore mascaras. Almay also has some good ones but this is the best non waterproof mascara you can buy at walmart. Definitely more of a lengthening mascara than a curling one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sabripereira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty surprised reading all the bad reviews, it's not the best mascara I have ever used but I really like it. It gives you a very natural look at an amazing price.

At first I was also a bit surprised at the tiny brush and thought it would be quite bad, after I used it I was pleasantly surprised. The small brush actually helped at getting at all the lashes and it was great for applying mascara on the bottom lashes.

It definitely doesn't give you a lot of length or volume but I still love it for it's a natural look.

I already have long and full lashes, but blond, so this works very well for me. I have a lot of control to get to all the lashes and it's not a sticky formula so it doesn't make my lashes look clumpy.

I find it to last a long time and it didn't flake at all. It also dries quickly, but not so quick that you don't have time to go over the lashes you missed.

I would definitely recommend it for people looking for a natural look. But if you are looking for volume and length this is definitely not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Never in a million year would I buy this product again. Absolute least favorite mascara I've ever bought. I HATE wand shape. Hate the product. Nope, nope, nope. Cute colors on the packaging. That's about it. Don't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Say what you will but it's a tried and true. It is a classic wet formula that lengthens. It takes a second longer to dry than most, which, IMO, is perfect for avoiding flakes when layering (layering over dry mascara will flake any formula). A woman can never have too many mascaras. This one is one of the many I choose to keep around. You should, too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to swear by this mascara. It was my trusty go to for great lashes. What happened it does absolutely nothing. I don't know what changed :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I remember the first time I tried this, there was a big hype when it came to the UK. I can honestly say I don't know what all the fuss is about its flaky not long lasting & the worst mascara I have ever used. The build up to it didn't help I guess. I read lots of reviews & it seems you either loves this or hate this & unfortunately for me this just didn't work!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

sorry maybelline- but this is beyond the worst mascara I have ever tried.

ever.

I was pretty keen to pick this up because I had a few friends who raved about it, so I picked it up in blackest black. Probably the biggest disappointment is actually opening it. I don't know about anyone else, but the tube was so big and I'm like oooh it's probably a really big volumising wand.... The wand is smaller then my pinky nail. legit, it's pathetically tiny. I was so disappointed. The formula is also terrible, it felt so slick and gross when applying it and it did absolutely nothing for my lashes; just a coat of colour and microscopic volume. Plus, it irritated my eyes and it broke me out because it ran all over my face when I tried to remove it. Also, this formula gets REALLY brittle after a while. I can't really say much else, I was really disappointed because I had such high hopes for this mascara. I definetly won't be repurchasing it and I strongly don't recommend it. A waste of $8. Sorry maybelline but this mascara is just absolutely terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Englishvik

This product is o-kay, figured i'd try it as it has all the history and hyper in its favour, it didn't really add any volume or length and it didn't last that long (had those smudges under my eyes) so it was quickly relegated to being a "bottom lash mascara". I appreciate the cult following as it's been around for decades but i'd spend my money on something else