April 17, 2014 | 1942 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

When I first saw this at the store on my friend's recommendation, I was really hesitant because it looked SO shimmery. But my friend insisted that it isn't so bad on application and it is the cheaper version of NARS Orgasm.. so I bought it.

And I love it!!!! It goes on sheer and it is buildable. It is a wonderful peachy-coral blusher with the right amount of shimmer. I have a medium-light skin tone and I'm sure that it'll still work for me when I get more tanned during summer.

It has a nice slim and portable compact, so it can fit into the most crowded makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by car0lxne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tan skin (NC42) and it took a few applications to get the blush to look right. I found the the blush was slightly powdery when I built it up when using my angled blush brush. For kicks and giggles I tried using a flat foundation brush to tap or paint on the product. With the blush my cheeks have a soft pink flush and the blush doesn't look powdery at all. I suggest not buffing the blush in because it disturbs the shimmer in the blush and spreads the shimmer all over the face and into pores. The had to take off one lippy because it took some trial and error for this blush to show up on my skin and the I think the staying power could be better. Overall this is a good blush that makes me look glowy, not greasy! (I know the difference because I have oily skin!) I will definitely repurchase this blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I got mine in a swop and I was really thrilled with this!

This is a nicely pigmented product- a little goes a long way- I over did it the first time!!!
It has good lasting power- 8 hours at least, gives a natural glow thats neither matte nor frosty. It applies so easily gliding on like silk. It does not dry out or irritate my sensitive cheeks.
I see all my other blushes having a bit of a holiday..............oh no.

Its non irritating on the eyes- but its not a colour I would personally wear there.

The packaging has a decent mirror and strong magnet type clasp closure and I love the fun art work.
But I have a strong feeling that some people may not like the cardboard packaging in the long run- those of you who travel a lot or touch up a lot and need to squeeze it into a day kit. (Im thinking of Benefit blushers- mind you that odd square shape is harder to pack and probly trashes the packaging faster, whereas at least this product is a tidy shape).

I recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by loveandrockets21

love love love this blush! very versatile and adorable packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hot Mama is my all-time favourite blush. It gives a lovely glow to my skin that no other blush, including Nars Orgasm can achieve. It is comparable to Orgasm, although more peach in the pan. However, since they both are rather sheer, the color is not so different on the cheeks. When I feel that I want some more color on my face, I put some cream blush under it instead of layering because then the shimmer can become overwhelming. All in all, I think this is a very pretty shade of blush that gives a heavenly glow to the cheeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by viivijw

My favorite blush!
It gives a natural glow and it just looks really pretty. It also stays on for the whole day. I really recommend this blush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm trying to be fair to this product since it's not a colour I actually chose or ever would choose. It came in a pre-made palette (the first Balmbini palette) so I had no choice in the matter but perhaps that isn't a fair reason to take marks off but still....if it helps someone else avoid buying this because they have colouring like mine but think this might work for them, that's a valid enough reason.

Because I'm very cool toned and pale, peachy toned blushes just aren't the most flattering or natural looking on me. I've tried a few - Benefit Coralista, MAC Morning Breeze and Hot Mama. As I say, it's not a blush I'd have purchased on its own. And it is a perfectly good blush in terms of quality. It applied very beautifully and leaves a lovely finish (not super-glittery but also not flat and dry). It does seem to last well, on those few times I've worn it (I can get away with it a bit better in summer-time than in cooler weather). While I'm not wild about cardboard packaging, the Balmbini packaging is very clever and even in its individual packaging, the lid holds on well and there is a decent sized mirror integrated into the package. So, all in all, a great blush in okay packaging but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by samanthaalexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. It's my go to blush and has caused my other blushes to sit in the back of my makeup drawer unused. I love a natural, yet glowing look and this blush gives me just that. It doesn't have the best color pay off, but I like that about this product (I can really control how much color I want). It's a beautiful color: peach/coral with gold shimmer (not glitter or chunks of spark). I have pale skin, especially now that it's winter, and it really brightens my complexion without having to use a bronzer which would make my skin look fake and orange in its current state. Whenever using this product, I have people compliment me on my skin. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and doesn't make my acne prone skin break out. Because of the universal color, I think this will also be a great color for me when my skin goes more medium in the summer months. It's also a great value for your money (I always buy it on sale).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush has ruined me for other blushes! The colour is really nice and versatile, with just enough shimmer to look fresh and bright. It applies smoothly and lightly so you can do a lot or a little. Plus the packaging is adorable! Love it love it love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lane87

I love this blush. Good color, good application, and it doesnt smell funny. The powder doesn't smear off on clothes too easily and it looks really fresh.