August 21, 2014 | 1807 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Better than orgasm for me. Brighter, applies more evenly and lasts thru the day on my face.truly awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by paragonx

Overall a great blush. Very fun and flirty. Works with my skin tone. Kind of pricey and the packaging inst that great. Feels flimsy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I found this blush at TJ Maxx in a 3 set box for $20! Needless to say, I was very excited! Ive heard a lot of good things about theBalm and about Hot Mama! First off the packaging is adorable! I like sturdy cardboard with the magnetic closure. Its easy to open and close and also includes mirror. Secondly, the color is beautiful! I like how its a shimmer/gleam instead of glitter. The color is a abeautiful coral/pink color. I've heard people say itIts a dupe for Nars Orgasm. I feel like it is, except for Nars is more glittery. Another thing I like is that when I wear this blush I feel like I dont have to use a highlighter when I wear this. So its a 2 in 1 type blush and I enjoy it!

I am NW35 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by AsiaFromAkron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's a peachy blush with golden shimmer that shows up subtly on the skin. My skin tone is similar to Alicia Keys or the same as "Un-tan Rihanna" Lol. This was the first blush I ever fell in love with. It's perfect for "no makeup" looks, highlighting your cheekbones, it even makes a gorgeous eye shadow. When I'm in a rush for work, I sweep this on my cheeks, down my nose, and onto my eyelids. It's my one-stop shop product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tashaynn98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got Hot Mama in my monthly Birchbox. At first, I was a little apprehensive about the shimmery finish, but there was no need. I (a fairly pale blue-eyed person) ended up with a soft, glowing, summery look. This is even better than NARS Orgasm for me, since Orgasm can look too pink on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

When I first saw this at the store on my friend's recommendation, I was really hesitant because it looked SO shimmery. But my friend insisted that it isn't so bad on application and it is the cheaper version of NARS Orgasm.. so I bought it.

And I love it!!!! It goes on sheer and it is buildable. It is a wonderful peachy-coral blusher with the right amount of shimmer. I have a medium-light skin tone and I'm sure that it'll still work for me when I get more tanned during summer.

It has a nice slim and portable compact, so it can fit into the most crowded makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by car0lxne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tan skin (NC42) and it took a few applications to get the blush to look right. I found the the blush was slightly powdery when I built it up when using my angled blush brush. For kicks and giggles I tried using a flat foundation brush to tap or paint on the product. With the blush my cheeks have a soft pink flush and the blush doesn't look powdery at all. I suggest not buffing the blush in because it disturbs the shimmer in the blush and spreads the shimmer all over the face and into pores. The had to take off one lippy because it took some trial and error for this blush to show up on my skin and the I think the staying power could be better. Overall this is a good blush that makes me look glowy, not greasy! (I know the difference because I have oily skin!) I will definitely repurchase this blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I got mine in a swop and I was really thrilled with this!

This is a nicely pigmented product- a little goes a long way- I over did it the first time!!!
It has good lasting power- 8 hours at least, gives a natural glow thats neither matte nor frosty. It applies so easily gliding on like silk. It does not dry out or irritate my sensitive cheeks.
I see all my other blushes having a bit of a holiday..............oh no.

Its non irritating on the eyes- but its not a colour I would personally wear there.

The packaging has a decent mirror and strong magnet type clasp closure and I love the fun art work.
But I have a strong feeling that some people may not like the cardboard packaging in the long run- those of you who travel a lot or touch up a lot and need to squeeze it into a day kit. (Im thinking of Benefit blushers- mind you that odd square shape is harder to pack and probly trashes the packaging faster, whereas at least this product is a tidy shape).

I recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by loveandrockets21

love love love this blush! very versatile and adorable packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hot Mama is my all-time favourite blush. It gives a lovely glow to my skin that no other blush, including Nars Orgasm can achieve. It is comparable to Orgasm, although more peach in the pan. However, since they both are rather sheer, the color is not so different on the cheeks. When I feel that I want some more color on my face, I put some cream blush under it instead of layering because then the shimmer can become overwhelming. All in all, I think this is a very pretty shade of blush that gives a heavenly glow to the cheeks!