TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 8/27/2013 4:39:00 PM

I'm a blusher fanatic so when I saw this for 1/2 price on HauteLook I snatched it up. So glad I did because the colour is beautiful! It's similar to Orgasm obviously but has some differences.I think it's closer to Tarte's Glisten. I find the pink tone to be a touch brighter and the gold shimmer is gorgeous and it doesn't show my pores. Definitely more pink than peach in my opinion. Also the gold in it highlights the skin really well.
I also like that it's talc free. It goes on very smooth and lasts for a good amount of time without retouching. It's very pigmented as well so you don't need to pick up a lot of product to build it up.

I love the packaging because it does make this blush very travel friendly. I just pack a SE MAC Contour brush and I'm good to go. I'm an NW20,blonde hair,green eyes, and this colour suits my skin tone very well! I haven't broke out and it is a great daily blush. So glad I got this and I would repurchase if I had to but there's so much product I won't have to worry about that for quite a while. Great product! I will mos def be trying more of TheBalms blushers and products! Highly Recommended!

This blush reminds me of Nars's Orgasm. It is a very pretty pinky/peachy color with lots of shimmer. If you apply this with a light hand, you shouldn't end up looking like a vampire in the sunlight :P The warm tones in this blush really liven up my pale skin without leaving an orange color (hard to come across) I actually enjoy the shimmer in here, especially when I am having a good skin day and "shine" won't emphasize my imperfections.

on 8/20/2013 9:27:00 PM

The color is beautiful and long lasting. It's peachy color with gold shimmer. Like the hot mama bronzer you need to use a light hand when applying or else you would look like a shimmering orange ball. The packaging is adorable and is thin so it's perfect for traveling.

on 8/15/2013 7:40:00 PM

Such a beautiful blush. I thought it would be too shimmery or sparkly when i first saw it but its not at all! I have fair skin and it just gives you a nice peachy golden glow. You can make it subtle or dramatic.. I also love that its oil free and noncomedogenic!

on 7/13/2013 4:29:00 AM

It's a peachy tone with gold shimmer, it looks very nice on me but you have to be careful when you use it otherwise you will look like a disco ball. For example I use to combine it with matte eyeshadows.

on 6/30/2013 12:59:00 PM

It is a nice pink-peach colored blush and contains high pigment and shimmer concentration that small amount will be enough. From my point of view, it is highly shimmering and not suitable for a working day. Also it is more pink undertoned that I thought, which is a disadvantage if you have a rosacea.

on 6/27/2013 9:59:00 PM

Better than orgasm for me. Brighter, applies more evenly and lasts thru the day on my face.truly awesome.

on 6/13/2013 3:06:00 PM

Overall a great blush. Very fun and flirty. Works with my skin tone. Kind of pricey and the packaging inst that great. Feels flimsy.

on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I found this blush at TJ Maxx in a 3 set box for $20! Needless to say, I was very excited! Ive heard a lot of good things about theBalm and about Hot Mama! First off the packaging is adorable! I like sturdy cardboard with the magnetic closure. Its easy to open and close and also includes mirror. Secondly, the color is beautiful! I like how its a shimmer/gleam instead of glitter. The color is a abeautiful coral/pink color. I've heard people say itIts a dupe for Nars Orgasm. I feel like it is, except for Nars is more glittery. Another thing I like is that when I wear this blush I feel like I dont have to use a highlighter when I wear this. So its a 2 in 1 type blush and I enjoy it!

I am NW35 for reference

on 5/18/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this blush. It's a peachy blush with golden shimmer that shows up subtly on the skin. My skin tone is similar to Alicia Keys or the same as "Un-tan Rihanna" Lol. This was the first blush I ever fell in love with. It's perfect for "no makeup" looks, highlighting your cheekbones, it even makes a gorgeous eye shadow. When I'm in a rush for work, I sweep this on my cheeks, down my nose, and onto my eyelids. It's my one-stop shop product.

Top Rated TheBalm Products