TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

This blush reminds me of Nars's Orgasm. It is a very pretty pinky/peachy color with lots of shimmer. If you apply this with a light hand, you shouldn't end up looking like a vampire in the sunlight :P The warm tones in this blush really liven up my pale skin without leaving an orange color (hard to come across) I actually enjoy the shimmer in here, especially when I am having a good skin day and "shine" won't emphasize my imperfections.

on 8/20/2013 9:27:00 PM

The color is beautiful and long lasting. It's peachy color with gold shimmer. Like the hot mama bronzer you need to use a light hand when applying or else you would look like a shimmering orange ball. The packaging is adorable and is thin so it's perfect for traveling.

on 8/15/2013 7:40:00 PM

Such a beautiful blush. I thought it would be too shimmery or sparkly when i first saw it but its not at all! I have fair skin and it just gives you a nice peachy golden glow. You can make it subtle or dramatic.. I also love that its oil free and noncomedogenic!

on 7/13/2013 4:29:00 AM

It's a peachy tone with gold shimmer, it looks very nice on me but you have to be careful when you use it otherwise you will look like a disco ball. For example I use to combine it with matte eyeshadows.

on 6/30/2013 12:59:00 PM

It is a nice pink-peach colored blush and contains high pigment and shimmer concentration that small amount will be enough. From my point of view, it is highly shimmering and not suitable for a working day. Also it is more pink undertoned that I thought, which is a disadvantage if you have a rosacea.

on 6/27/2013 9:59:00 PM

Better than orgasm for me. Brighter, applies more evenly and lasts thru the day on my face.truly awesome.

on 6/13/2013 3:06:00 PM

Overall a great blush. Very fun and flirty. Works with my skin tone. Kind of pricey and the packaging inst that great. Feels flimsy.

on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I found this blush at TJ Maxx in a 3 set box for $20! Needless to say, I was very excited! Ive heard a lot of good things about theBalm and about Hot Mama! First off the packaging is adorable! I like sturdy cardboard with the magnetic closure. Its easy to open and close and also includes mirror. Secondly, the color is beautiful! I like how its a shimmer/gleam instead of glitter. The color is a abeautiful coral/pink color. I've heard people say itIts a dupe for Nars Orgasm. I feel like it is, except for Nars is more glittery. Another thing I like is that when I wear this blush I feel like I dont have to use a highlighter when I wear this. So its a 2 in 1 type blush and I enjoy it!

I am NW35 for reference

on 5/18/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this blush. It's a peachy blush with golden shimmer that shows up subtly on the skin. My skin tone is similar to Alicia Keys or the same as "Un-tan Rihanna" Lol. This was the first blush I ever fell in love with. It's perfect for "no makeup" looks, highlighting your cheekbones, it even makes a gorgeous eye shadow. When I'm in a rush for work, I sweep this on my cheeks, down my nose, and onto my eyelids. It's my one-stop shop product.

on 4/29/2013 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got Hot Mama in my monthly Birchbox. At first, I was a little apprehensive about the shimmery finish, but there was no need. I (a fairly pale blue-eyed person) ended up with a soft, glowing, summery look. This is even better than NARS Orgasm for me, since Orgasm can look too pink on my skin.

Popular Blush Products