December 21, 2014 | 1510 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to have this product several years ago but I ran out and my skin was clear so I didn't repurchase. But after a change in my diet, I started breaking out again. I looked through reviews of different products because I thought that I might as well try something new. But this was rated pretty well & it worked great before so I figured that I might as well repurchase.

Well, I still really like this! It minimized and then eliminated my tiny breakouts in about 2-3 days and after about a week of daily use (evening only), it dried up the big zit that that had been on my face for over a month. I didn't use any other acne treatments, just this scrub.

I'm very happy. And while it won't be my daily cleanser (my skin is usually clear), I will reach for this when I feel a breakout starting to creep up on me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MCast

I purchased the product based on the great reviews on this site. It doesn't dry out my skin and provides a cool sensation. It has reduced my acne. I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start by saying that I've purchased this product about 6 times now. I can't live without it. I usually use it everyday in the morning and every time I try to switch it out of my skin routine, I always go back to it because I start breaking out if I don't use it. I can usually get it for $5-6 and it lasts me for a good 3 to 4 months using it. I pair it with the Clean & Clear Advantage kit and this routine is the only one I can stick to without breaking out. I like the smell of this and it's not too drying to my face (keep in mind that I do have combination skin) and my face always feels refreshed afterwards. I don't have enough good things to say about this product, it'll probably always be my HG exfoliator.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. Forever looking for a product that just gets rid of ALL ace instead of some, stops here. I have combo skin. My t-zone is especially weird and oily. I also get dry patches if my skin is irritated. It's incredible how long and how clear my face has stayed. Love this! But you might also want to use it with a cleanser. I saw better results used with a cleanser/exfoliater. Good luck! Try this out!

!!EDIT!!: I changed it to 3 lippies because I started to get a ton of breakouts and for some reason my skin suddenly became really oily. This really did nothing for the breakouts or my oily skin. Didn't seem to help at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Bubba5895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so afraid to try this product, idk why! i hate using new products and then having Them make me break out! anyways I've used this on and off for about a yr and a hf already! ( maybe longer?) I was hesitant to use it, as I'd rather go for a more "basic" scrub without the "tingly" feeling and fragrance but honestly I'm SO glad I tried this. It's one of those products that you can rely on. I think that's why I come back to it when I have nothing else working, though I never find my self staying with it for more then two months, except for when I first purchased a yr ago. It does leave a tingly feeling when your washing, i dont care for it doesnt bother me. its mild, i wouldnt say harsh or gentle but my friend with super sensitive tried this and it didnt irritate her skin. it REALLY depends how you work with a product! making sure you wash the prouct off and how you scrub! It did get did rid of my acne, I can't say my acne doesn't pop up now and then but I feel like this keeps everything at bay. Sometimes I feel like it zaps eveything, other times I feel as if it just cleans, doesn't take it acne all away but just cleans or keeps it at bay. I do switch tondifferent cleansers but find myself always coming back to this one every couple of weeks or months, just cuase i know it doesn't break me out. It's 5/6$ and they sell it everywhere so it's a easy face wash to pick if I need one, especially when I'm undecided. Is it a miracle? No. Is it good? Yes. I would definetly recommend it, I feel this a face wash that can either work for you or just do nothing, but not make you break out. I'd say give it a try! I have acne prone combination skin. I feel this is best if used in the shower( I do think evry face wash/scrub is best used in the shower). It has left my skin feeling dry before, but that's if I don't wash the product off correctly. If I wash in the shower, I don't have this problem since It washes off pretty well. The beads aren't rough at all, you can get away with using it daily. The only real con is II don't like how it doesn't lather up enough though... Maybe it's just me? I'd prefer it to foam up a little, It sorta lathers up a little but its just mostly creamy. But it is a scrub so I GUESS i can't complain. I actually mix some baking soda into this and it has worked pretty darn good for my acne! It actually hasn't dried my skin out, just wash the mixture COMPELTLY out. Overall, if you want a cleanser for acne try it! If your scared that it's break you out, I'd say to just try it anyways! I've had my friends try it, worked for some and for a few it didn't work. It didnt make them break out or anything, it just didnt zap all there zits but they use it just to clean. I'd actually say this is one of the best scrubs I've tried, my skin doesn't purge on the break outs, no a miracle but one of the good ones you can buy! I'd say just take the chance and TRY IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

Not bad! Definitely a good scrub. I have combo/ acne prone skin. One of its best features is how it feels on your face! it's very cooling and reduces redness, which is rare for a scrub. And it doesn't leave your skin dry and tight! As for the acne-clearing part; it's not exactly this scrub's strongest feature. Some breakouts have been cleared, but new ones pop up right behind them. As a teen I have had to accept that acne is a pretty stubborn aspect of my life right now, and until I get a bit older, the majority of it isn't going anywhere. But all you girls with red or uneven skin lacking in the pimple department, don't count this product out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

My skin is very acne prone. I recently stopped use of the acne.org system because my skin was so dried out and I really didn't see a difference. I used this scrub back in the day, and really loved it. I still do. The cucumber helps with redness, while the beads exfoliate nicely and leave my skin feeling soft and healthy. I use it every night because it's really gentle. After I cleanse with cetaphil gentle cleanser, I use this, then the dual action moisturizer from clean and clear and persagel 10 on any blemishes. I have to say, I'm very impressed with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by gloriamae

I LOVE this product! I use it every night after removing my makeup with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I don't think it's bad that I use it every night because the beads in the scrub are not harsh at all! I really feel it helps get any extra makeup off of my face. I have very acne prone skin and this scrub has helped my acne SOOO much! I couldn't be more pleased:)

**I do not use this in the morning I use the cleanser from the same line**

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

- Smells divine!
- Good size / amount of granules
- Used 1-2x a week after multiple days of wearing makeup where the next day I plan to wear no makeup
- Makes my skin smoother and more healthy looking
- In conjunction w/ my other products it is helping me get rid of my acne with more success than ever
- Worth a try!!
- Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Bermygirl1206

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's two good things about this product: It smells amazing, like cucumber; and two, it exfoliates nicely. But that's it. It dries out my skin, and after I rinse it off, it feels as if there's still a film on my face.

Dislike greatly.