January 27, 2015 | 1169 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by adinamereuta

it's quite a lovely scent, I would use it more during the summer, it's just bright and happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

On the hunt for a daytime everyday scent, Chance Eau Fraiche initially did not appeal to me. I figured it would be very sharp and green, and many reviews stated it is very masculine or unisex. I wore the original Chance for some time and though I liked it, it was very lemony and sharp on me - and didn't have much depth. But I've found that I really like most of Chanel's scents, so I thought I'd try it.

The initial burst of lemon and cedar is very sharp and bright - I can completely agree with reviews that the initial notes are unisex - reminds me of CK One and the original Chance. However, the drydown is amazing and Eau Fraiche has all the depth and nuances that I'd hoped for with the original. I get jasmine and pepper mid-way through, and then lovely spice, creamy white flowers and iris. As a sucker for iris, I'll be repurchasing this whenever I get through this big bottle.

Excellent staying power and moderate sillage. Very appropriate for the workplace, but I'll probably be wearing this day and night.

Highly recommended. It can seem overbearing at first, but about 10-20 minutes into wearing it, I completely adored it. A gorgeous, sophisticated scent - don't let the simplistic packaging fool you.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche is a bright, sparkling, citrusy scent. Upon first application it's very sharp and tart. However, once it settles on my skin it gets much smoother and dries down to a fresh, powdery musk. In the dry down it still remains very fresh, green and fruity. For such a fresh scent the lasting power is remarkably long, similarly to my other Chanel fragrances, Coco Noir and Coco Mademoiselle. This scent is suggested and marketed for springtime wear, but I will wear it year round. It's a great clean scent for that just out of the shower smell and would work well in the office. I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lexgendary

This is my go to summer fragrance for days where it is humid, sticky and hot but I still want to smell lovely.
I know a lot of people love Davidoff's Cool Water or Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but those two lasting power has nothing on Chanel's Chance.
The fragrant is not only fresh and easy to love but it stays on for over 7 hours when it's summer for me. Whilst the others, after about 3-4 hours everything all vanished.
Oh and mind you Chanel's Chance is not a Eau De Parfum, it is actually Eau De Toilette which really proves it is quite superior than the others.
After I finish this bottle, I am on the hunt to see if I could find any other summer fragrance to best Chance Eau Fraiche but I doubt it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by SherlockedinsidetheTardis

I don't have much to say about this other than that I think it smells fantastic and I always get compliments when I wear it. It's fresh, just like the name says, and it lasts, despite the fact that it's a EDT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Charming

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this scent but it does smell a little like a men's fragrance. For the price, I was hoping the scent lasted on me longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by matildaCPH

Another vote for smelling like men's after shave. It is fresh but too sharp and harsh and gives me headaches. Very disappointed. Used it only once and wonder how I'll finish those 100ml ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kstahler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Reminds me of CK One, a fragrance I like, and hence it is similarly gender neutral. I had my husband smell a few Chanel swatches, and he immediately picked this one as the nicest, but he tends to like fresh aquatic scents for himself, in particular Chanel Bleu. While I don't get much aquatic here, I like the fresh green citrus. Other Chanels I like/wear are Allure and Coco Mademoiselle, so as you can see, I am not into their heavier classics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: the second reviewer over me says this is too manly. It's true that this isn't a sweet scent, but it's actually sweet on me - I'm one of those people that everything smells sweet on... don't know why. But I do agree on that it initially smells gender neutral.
END OF UPDATE.
My boyfriend doesn't like oriental, musky, powdery, flowery or "too sweet" fragrances. Like many guys, my boyfriend only likes a supple smell, and not a perfume bomb. I'm not a fan of watery, green, fresh, cool, flowery and pure fruity perfumes; mainly because hey tend to not work with my body chemistry. Basically, my boyfriend dislikes... all of my perfumes, while I reeeeally like wearing perfume! I have for a long time tried to find something that we both would be happy with, and finally...! This perfume is fresh and a bit fruity, but it actually smells really good on me, and my boyfriend really likes it :)
The notes in this fragrance are these:
Top: lemon, cedar
Middle: pink pepper, water hyacinth, jasmine
Base: teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver, white musk
I'm not exactly sure what notes are left on me when this settles, but some of the first things I notice is lemon. I have disliked lemon smells for 4 years now after getting tired of Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue - in perfumes lemon reminded me of our toilet cleaner. The next thing I think is actually 'warm'. Like a heated iron, you know? I'm not sure why, but this actually smells 'warmth' on me, but it could be caused by the woodsy notes. It's like walking in a forest, it's warm, the sun is shining, the birds are singing... mmm :) A little bit later, the smell becomes a bit marine, sweeter and it' like you're in a garden in the morning :) Generally, the smells I get from this perfume are natural, soft and difficult to define - perfect!
The longevity of this isn't the best because this perfume is supposed to not be overpowering, but the smell actually has moderate staying power, and it lasts for a good while on clothes.
I would DEFINITELY buy again, and don't regret buying this for the big money it cost me where I live - this is actually one of the perfumes I love!