October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by SherlockedinsidetheTardis

I don't have much to say about this other than that I think it smells fantastic and I always get compliments when I wear it. It's fresh, just like the name says, and it lasts, despite the fact that it's a EDT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Charming

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this scent but it does smell a little like a men's fragrance. For the price, I was hoping the scent lasted on me longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by matildaCPH

Another vote for smelling like men's after shave. It is fresh but too sharp and harsh and gives me headaches. Very disappointed. Used it only once and wonder how I'll finish those 100ml ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kstahler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Reminds me of CK One, a fragrance I like, and hence it is similarly gender neutral. I had my husband smell a few Chanel swatches, and he immediately picked this one as the nicest, but he tends to like fresh aquatic scents for himself, in particular Chanel Bleu. While I don't get much aquatic here, I like the fresh green citrus. Other Chanels I like/wear are Allure and Coco Mademoiselle, so as you can see, I am not into their heavier classics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: the second reviewer over me says this is too manly. It's true that this isn't a sweet scent, but it's actually sweet on me - I'm one of those people that everything smells sweet on... don't know why. But I do agree on that it initially smells gender neutral.
END OF UPDATE.
My boyfriend doesn't like oriental, musky, powdery, flowery or "too sweet" fragrances. Like many guys, my boyfriend only likes a supple smell, and not a perfume bomb. I'm not a fan of watery, green, fresh, cool, flowery and pure fruity perfumes; mainly because hey tend to not work with my body chemistry. Basically, my boyfriend dislikes... all of my perfumes, while I reeeeally like wearing perfume! I have for a long time tried to find something that we both would be happy with, and finally...! This perfume is fresh and a bit fruity, but it actually smells really good on me, and my boyfriend really likes it :)
The notes in this fragrance are these:
Top: lemon, cedar
Middle: pink pepper, water hyacinth, jasmine
Base: teak wood, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver, white musk
I'm not exactly sure what notes are left on me when this settles, but some of the first things I notice is lemon. I have disliked lemon smells for 4 years now after getting tired of Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue - in perfumes lemon reminded me of our toilet cleaner. The next thing I think is actually 'warm'. Like a heated iron, you know? I'm not sure why, but this actually smells 'warmth' on me, but it could be caused by the woodsy notes. It's like walking in a forest, it's warm, the sun is shining, the birds are singing... mmm :) A little bit later, the smell becomes a bit marine, sweeter and it' like you're in a garden in the morning :) Generally, the smells I get from this perfume are natural, soft and difficult to define - perfect!
The longevity of this isn't the best because this perfume is supposed to not be overpowering, but the smell actually has moderate staying power, and it lasts for a good while on clothes.
I would DEFINITELY buy again, and don't regret buying this for the big money it cost me where I live - this is actually one of the perfumes I love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My signature summer fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! I took off one lippie because sillage (on me) isn't great, so I have to reapply throughout the day. This is the only Chanel fragrance that appeals to me. I have this in the 100 ml EDT and lotion. I wish they made a parfum version of Eau Fraiche, as they do with the original Chance, but the original Chance is definitely not my cup of tea. I happened to smell Eau Fraiche on someone once, and actually asked this woman what she was wearing. I went out the next day to purchase it. Yes, it's more of an androgynous scent initially, but on dry down it becomes almost sweet. Thankfully, it doesn't morph that much from the initial spray, but on me it definitely sweetens as the day wears on. I can detect cedar, patchouli, and just a hint of lemon. Despite the fact that it's billed as fresh and clean, there's something decidedly sexy to me about a woman wearing a fragrance that's not saccharine sweet and overtly girly. I find it quite edgy for that reason - but that reason alone. It's still Chanel, after all, so it is a fine perfume and it smells.. for lack of a better word.. expensive. Doesn't smell like a drugstore fragrance at all, and I've never smelled anything else like it. Layering it with the lotion helps it last a bit longer, though the lotion is slightly sweeter than the EDT. I wish the sillage was better on my skin, as it's my favorite by far. I rotate this with Bvlgari Au The Blanc and D&G Light Blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Nope, changed my mind. I absolutely love this scent. It is both sweet and fresh, and in a citrus sense. Sure, it smells less feminine than other Chanel fragrances, but this is because of the citrus notes. It definitely has a sweetness when I wear it, and my boyfriend always comments how nice I smell when I am wearing it. Picture sweet limes with crystallized sugar on top. This is what Chanel Eau Fraiche is. Beautiful. Will repurchase when I can afford this one again!

I'm sitting on the fence with this one people. As I'm writing this review, I have my Eu Fraiche sitting beside me and I am trying to determine exactly what it is I am on the fence about. First of all, I would say that this scent is definitely less feminine than all of my other Chanel perfumes. It is a completely different scent to all of the other Chance's.I agree with many other reviewers who have stated that at first it does not smell feminine, but give it 15 minutes or so and it is a much sweeter, feminine scent. It doesn't smell masculine enough to me to be a mens perfume. As far as the citrus notes go, I find the lime to be very apparent with a sweet smell to it. This is not a harsh citrus scent, it is more a sweet, fresh citrus scent which I think is very beautiful in a woman's perfume. It is a very sophisticated fragrance while it is still clean. I personally think this works best as a day time perfume. As far as lasting power goes, I can still smell it several hours after spraying, but I wouldn't say that it lasts me day through to night. I've never been so confused about a perfume, but I think that's what makes this so different from the others. It is incredibly sophisticated. It is a sweet, sophisticated perfume which leaves a bit of mystery. After smelling it 15 times in the past 10 minutes, I've decided yes - I like this perfume and it is a good one. I wouldn't spend another $115 on it though, I much prefer the EDP. Still, I'd recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what I was doing ordering it unsniffed. I just really felt like trying something new. Fragrance is very personal and I think Chanel is pretty consistent with their fragrances for me. And I wanted something fresh and summery. This seemed to fit the bill and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. I took a chance and ordered it from nordstrom.

Unfortunately this is not for me at all. I wanted something fresh as in citrusy I suppose. It is not un-fresh I suppose but it's sweeter than what I wanted. On me this one had too much of a melony scent (which I am not a fan). It wasn't as obnoxious as the more fruity types of fragrances they make for younger women these days but I just really did not like it. I really wanted to like it and gave it a chance twice. The second day I actually had to soap and scrub it off. I sent it back.

Bottom line is don't buy unsniffed. Perhaps this works better and less melon on others but on me it was really not what I have come to expect from Chanel.