Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 10/25/2011 5:18:00 PM

I use this brush for applying mineral foundation everyday. I'm so happy with it that I stopped looking for "better" brushes.

Before using this brush, I tried a lot of expensive buffer brushes from MAC and Smashbox. In the end, I believe synthetic hair is much better than real hair and much easier to clean. Real hair brushes get stiff very easily. I had to wash them once a week to keep the brush soft. With EM brushes, I wash them less often because the hair is ALWAYS soft.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had this brush along with other EM brushes for about 5 years now and I still love them as much as the very first day I bought them. They never everrr shed and are super soft on my sensitive skin. I've never felt a softer brush, seriously! Best of all they're cruelty free and eco friendly, what's not to love about them :)

This is such an amazing brush. Super soft, small and easy to use. Provides very good coverage with my Bare Minerals.

on 9/22/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Seriously very underwhelmed with this product.. Its compact, soft, bristles don't shed but something is not right about the way it works. If anybody out there is wondering whether to go with this brush or the ELF studio brush, suggest you try the ELF first..

I have an older brush but I will put my review here since there doesn't seem to be an old flat top brush review page. Well, I got this brush back in 2009 along with my 5 free samples of mineral powder. I must say that since 2 years ago, with constant washing of this brush every 2 weeks, it has barely shed at all- maybe 1 synthetic hair coming out every month, if even that. It's held up in such good condition and it's one of the softest brushes I've ever swiped over my face. It's dense and very plush and applies foundation well. I marked that I would buy this again, but at this rate, I'm not going to get a replacement any time soon. If anything, I'll buy another as a backup, when the day finally comes.

on 9/3/2011 10:04:00 AM

Initially, I was in love with this brush as everybody else. It's so incredibly soft! And then after a few days of getting it, it revealed it's true colors. Jeng jeng jeng. It sheds! I saw a hair slightly longer and I tugged on it gently only to see that it was not attached at all. So I examined every hair that was sticking out and they were all not attached. After I washed it, I thought it would get rid of all the hairs but noOoOo, it continued to shed. When I applied foundation, some of the hairs would shed and stick on my face. Thought I got a defective one so I ordered another one together with their long handled kabuki brush and both sheds.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow, I've never seen so many pictures for any other product on Makeup Alley! Even though I didn't need another makeup brush, I felt compelled to see what all the fuss is about regarding this foundation brush and I'm so, so, so glad I tried it! I've been using all kinds of brushes from the Ultimate line of synthetic brushes and I've been happy with them because in comparison to animal haired brushes (Jane Iredale, Bare Escentuals, etc), the synthetic bristles are so much softer. Synthetic hairs are also great for sensitive skinned women, especially acne prone women. It's funny because we don't actually realize how bad our brushes are until we experience something better, lol, (like a lot of other things in life, too!).

I received this brush and it felt like it should probably be washed because it had most likely been sitting in a warehouse for who knows how long and it felt a bit dusty. So, I washed it right away (around 6pm) and when I went to use it at 8am the following morning, it was still really wet, but I used it anyway. I'm really not digging the wet method of foundation application. But, anyway, the following day, once the bristles fully dried, I was absolutely mesmerized at how soft the bristles truly are! I then used my old flat top buffer brush from the Ultimate line and it felt like sandpaper in comparison (and that;s not a low end brush, either). I could feel the tiny bristles poking my face with the Ultimate brush, but with the EDM brush, even when I use it to stiple on foundation, I can't feel the individual bristles.

Long story short: beautiful, unparalleled brush in my experience! The size is perfect, it fits so well in my hand, and the price can't really be beat for the quality. I've read that they used to be much cheaper, but 12 dollars is still a fair price for a brush that I'll use for such a long time.

Hopefully it'll last and won't shed! Only time will tell. But, I'm very happy that this product lived up to all the hype : )

on 7/25/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are the softest, most durable brushes. I have four of these and 2 long handled kabuki brushes. I have a makeup forever kabuki brush that I bought for so much more. I use this more often. It's as soft as the makeup forever kabuki brush and doesn't irritate skin. It picks up makeup very well. I use this brush for mineral makeup, pressed powder. I bought other Everyday Minerals brushes too, like the eye kabuki brush. I use the eye kabuki brush for applying eye shadows (light golden, pink, all over colors). The flat top brush is my fav brush. The oldest one I've had it for 5 years or so but I can't tell which one's newer and which ones are older. I don't regret having 3 backups at a time either.

on 7/15/2011 10:04:00 PM

This is such a great mineral make up brush! I have only used this with mineral make up so I cannot comment on how this is with other types of foundation (ie; cream, liquid).

Compared to the other mineral make up brushes that I have (BE and Pur Minerals), this is MUCH softer. The other mineral brushes are prickly and I feel like my face is itchy when I wear use them! Horrible!

It was very cheap via the website as well so I HIGHLY recommend this!

on 7/10/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased three of these brushes, they are very soft. You can apply liquid, powder foundation very well and all over powder too. My problem came after a few months, the brushes began to shed. One brush I had to throw away because the brisles came out in three chunks. The brushes weren't too pricey but they weren't dirt cheap either. I wish the brushes were more sturdy

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products