September 20, 2014 | 1819 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by cosmopolitan3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such an amazing brush. Super soft, small and easy to use. Provides very good coverage with my Bare Minerals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Seriously very underwhelmed with this product.. Its compact, soft, bristles don't shed but something is not right about the way it works. If anybody out there is wondering whether to go with this brush or the ELF studio brush, suggest you try the ELF first..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I have an older brush but I will put my review here since there doesn't seem to be an old flat top brush review page. Well, I got this brush back in 2009 along with my 5 free samples of mineral powder. I must say that since 2 years ago, with constant washing of this brush every 2 weeks, it has barely shed at all- maybe 1 synthetic hair coming out every month, if even that. It's held up in such good condition and it's one of the softest brushes I've ever swiped over my face. It's dense and very plush and applies foundation well. I marked that I would buy this again, but at this rate, I'm not going to get a replacement any time soon. If anything, I'll buy another as a backup, when the day finally comes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by galiciadba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Initially, I was in love with this brush as everybody else. It's so incredibly soft! And then after a few days of getting it, it revealed it's true colors. Jeng jeng jeng. It sheds! I saw a hair slightly longer and I tugged on it gently only to see that it was not attached at all. So I examined every hair that was sticking out and they were all not attached. After I washed it, I thought it would get rid of all the hairs but noOoOo, it continued to shed. When I applied foundation, some of the hairs would shed and stick on my face. Thought I got a defective one so I ordered another one together with their long handled kabuki brush and both sheds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I've never seen so many pictures for any other product on Makeup Alley! Even though I didn't need another makeup brush, I felt compelled to see what all the fuss is about regarding this foundation brush and I'm so, so, so glad I tried it! I've been using all kinds of brushes from the Ultimate line of synthetic brushes and I've been happy with them because in comparison to animal haired brushes (Jane Iredale, Bare Escentuals, etc), the synthetic bristles are so much softer. Synthetic hairs are also great for sensitive skinned women, especially acne prone women. It's funny because we don't actually realize how bad our brushes are until we experience something better, lol, (like a lot of other things in life, too!).

I received this brush and it felt like it should probably be washed because it had most likely been sitting in a warehouse for who knows how long and it felt a bit dusty. So, I washed it right away (around 6pm) and when I went to use it at 8am the following morning, it was still really wet, but I used it anyway. I'm really not digging the wet method of foundation application. But, anyway, the following day, once the bristles fully dried, I was absolutely mesmerized at how soft the bristles truly are! I then used my old flat top buffer brush from the Ultimate line and it felt like sandpaper in comparison (and that;s not a low end brush, either). I could feel the tiny bristles poking my face with the Ultimate brush, but with the EDM brush, even when I use it to stiple on foundation, I can't feel the individual bristles.

Long story short: beautiful, unparalleled brush in my experience! The size is perfect, it fits so well in my hand, and the price can't really be beat for the quality. I've read that they used to be much cheaper, but 12 dollars is still a fair price for a brush that I'll use for such a long time.

Hopefully it'll last and won't shed! Only time will tell. But, I'm very happy that this product lived up to all the hype : )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by susiederkins

These are the softest, most durable brushes. I have four of these and 2 long handled kabuki brushes. I have a makeup forever kabuki brush that I bought for so much more. I use this more often. It's as soft as the makeup forever kabuki brush and doesn't irritate skin. It picks up makeup very well. I use this brush for mineral makeup, pressed powder. I bought other Everyday Minerals brushes too, like the eye kabuki brush. I use the eye kabuki brush for applying eye shadows (light golden, pink, all over colors). The flat top brush is my fav brush. The oldest one I've had it for 5 years or so but I can't tell which one's newer and which ones are older. I don't regret having 3 backups at a time either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great mineral make up brush! I have only used this with mineral make up so I cannot comment on how this is with other types of foundation (ie; cream, liquid).

Compared to the other mineral make up brushes that I have (BE and Pur Minerals), this is MUCH softer. The other mineral brushes are prickly and I feel like my face is itchy when I wear use them! Horrible!

It was very cheap via the website as well so I HIGHLY recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Narr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased three of these brushes, they are very soft. You can apply liquid, powder foundation very well and all over powder too. My problem came after a few months, the brushes began to shed. One brush I had to throw away because the brisles came out in three chunks. The brushes weren't too pricey but they weren't dirt cheap either. I wish the brushes were more sturdy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

OMG this is the best brush ever!!!!! I got one yesterday afetr reading all the glowing reviews and now i don't know how i ever lived without it!! Here are the pros:

Cheap
So so soft
Very ease to use
Buffs mineral foundation on like an absolute dream
Cruelty free
Perfect size
Amazing quality

No cons whatsoever!!!!!

I think it would work well with any mineral foundation, but it is gorgeous for buffing on the EM foundation (i use the intensive formula).

If you use mineral foundation then you must must purchase this. I'm thinking of ordering a back up one and i've only had mine for a day!!!!! ;-) x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaspari13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

About a month ago, I switched my foundation brush from BE's Kabuki Brush (see my review) to EM's Flat Top Brush. I use a mineral foundation from EM and this brush is perfect for the job. I was shocked when it came in the mail... its so small! I was skeptical at first, but was pleasantly surprised.

PROS:
- 100% vegan/cruelty free w/ bamboo handle
- the synthetic fibers are dense and amazingly soft
- does not irritate skin
- does not shed
- can be used for lighter to full coverage
- buffs makeup smoothly and evenly onto face
- really great for blending makeup lines
- very reasonably priced

CONS:
- .........haven't come across one yet!

This is my first brush purchase from EM and it will not be the last! The fact that their brushes are vegan, inexpensive, ship quickly, and are of good quality will definitely have me back for more.