November 25, 2014 | 1830 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MissHappyBeach

Oh.My.God!
I thought this was going to be a nice little luxury brush, something i didn't really need but it hey, at least it looked cute right!?

WRONG! My god, so very wrong! This is one of those 'i don't know what i did without you' products! I use it to highlight (brows and face!), to set undereye concealer, to do an allover wash of colour, contour nose and blend out harsh lines! I used my 224 for similar things before but this has completely knocked that down to concealer brush!

It's lovely and dense, and the handle is great; the perfect size/weight for the brush (something i love about mac brushes) also has not shed, no running dye... honestly i couldn't recommend this brush enough!

Also, I have pretty small eyes and when i first saw this i kind of dismissed it to brow bone only highlighting duties, but when i used it i was like 'woaw, this i really cool.. i wonder if....' and before you know it I'd used to all over my eyes AND face!!!

and on top of all that, it is incredibly cute :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite MAC brushes - so much that I bought 2. I use it for applying brow highlight and all over wash colors. The bristles are soft but densely packed together for a firm but very comfortable feel. It will pick up a lot of shadow and is also good for toning down a harsh line. I like the 217 better for blending but sometimes use this first to pickup more color for blending.

I've had mine for about a year and haven't lost bristles or had any other problems. I don't wash these everyday like I do other brushes (only because I use the same highlight color most days) but I do wash weekly and they are holding up beautifully.

Great brush - I would love to have another one that is exactly the same just 2/3 the size of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this brush for highlighting and blending my crease into my brow highlight. It's nice and dense and the bristles are a little bit hard which I like because it blends out better. This is a good sturdy brush. It has a nice thick handle for good control. It does have a little bit more fallout then other mac brushes I have but it is still very minimal. I've had this brush for years and its still very dense and the handle isn't loose at all and I use this brush on a daily basis. Overall, this is a bit on the pricey side but it is a great blending/highlighting brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. It is amazing when you learn how to use it properly. I mainly use it for applying color to the entire lid. It also works well for softening colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by TheNailBuff

I bought this brush because of the good reviews here on MUA, but I find I don't use it that often.
It's not a bad brush, but it's too scratchy in my opinion. I have even tried using conditioner on it to make it softer, but to no avail.
I use it mainly for softening my shadow above the crease, but not often tbh.
I think if I used highlighter I would find if useful for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by abbygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the brush I have been searching for! I would never have thought to buy such a large eyeshadow brush, but reading others reviews convinced me to try it. Bristles are soft and dense. I mostly use it to apply all over shadow and for highlighting. I also tried MAC's pigments with this brush and it worked as well. Works great for blending too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by abaker0726

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush I had to buy a second! It's so multi-purpose! I use one for under eye powder concealer (bare escentuals bisque) and the other for a quick sweep of eyeshadow across the lid and a subtle shade under by brows to make them look "lifted". I have many eye brushes, but this is a staple in my collection. I use this everyday...even pack for travel :) It's easy to clean, no shedding, the brush hairs are very soft and the handle is very sturdy. A overall great brush. I don't even find this to be too expensive because it has multiple uses. I got 2 because I hate mixing a concealer brush with a eyeshadow brush. I love them and have had them about 3 years. I hope MAC keeps them permanent :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush! of course top quality..like always MAC!
I use it for applying powder under my eyes, to set my concealer. Its great for those little areas where your face brush cant go, like around the nose, under eyes etc. I also use it for highlight on the browbone, for those who dont like too much brow highlight. or it looking too shiny on the browbone, it applies the right 'hint' and blends at the same time, for a natural finish.
Also great for packing glitter on lid, for overall shimmer.

LOVE that it is multi-use, you can use it anywhere. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

This brush is amazing for under the brow hi-light color, it really pulls the look together. What i really love about this brush is that its multi functional, it works as a brow hi lighter, blending, coutouring, all over lid color, and even powdering small tricky sensitive areas such as crevices of the nose and under the eyes. This brush i would most def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Hands down my favorite brush for applying brow highlight and blending. It is so dense and soft! I was hesitant about buying it at first due to price, but it's worth every single penny!