April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. It is amazing when you learn how to use it properly. I mainly use it for applying color to the entire lid. It also works well for softening colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by TheNailBuff

I bought this brush because of the good reviews here on MUA, but I find I don't use it that often.
It's not a bad brush, but it's too scratchy in my opinion. I have even tried using conditioner on it to make it softer, but to no avail.
I use it mainly for softening my shadow above the crease, but not often tbh.
I think if I used highlighter I would find if useful for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by abbygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the brush I have been searching for! I would never have thought to buy such a large eyeshadow brush, but reading others reviews convinced me to try it. Bristles are soft and dense. I mostly use it to apply all over shadow and for highlighting. I also tried MAC's pigments with this brush and it worked as well. Works great for blending too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by abaker0726

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush I had to buy a second! It's so multi-purpose! I use one for under eye powder concealer (bare escentuals bisque) and the other for a quick sweep of eyeshadow across the lid and a subtle shade under by brows to make them look "lifted". I have many eye brushes, but this is a staple in my collection. I use this everyday...even pack for travel :) It's easy to clean, no shedding, the brush hairs are very soft and the handle is very sturdy. A overall great brush. I don't even find this to be too expensive because it has multiple uses. I got 2 because I hate mixing a concealer brush with a eyeshadow brush. I love them and have had them about 3 years. I hope MAC keeps them permanent :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush! of course top quality..like always MAC!
I use it for applying powder under my eyes, to set my concealer. Its great for those little areas where your face brush cant go, like around the nose, under eyes etc. I also use it for highlight on the browbone, for those who dont like too much brow highlight. or it looking too shiny on the browbone, it applies the right 'hint' and blends at the same time, for a natural finish.
Also great for packing glitter on lid, for overall shimmer.

LOVE that it is multi-use, you can use it anywhere. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

This brush is amazing for under the brow hi-light color, it really pulls the look together. What i really love about this brush is that its multi functional, it works as a brow hi lighter, blending, coutouring, all over lid color, and even powdering small tricky sensitive areas such as crevices of the nose and under the eyes. This brush i would most def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Hands down my favorite brush for applying brow highlight and blending. It is so dense and soft! I was hesitant about buying it at first due to price, but it's worth every single penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 227 is a brush I would have never picked out to buy. My favorite youtube guru Tanya (pixi2woo) uses this brush a lot to apply a sweep of color over the lid, and it just made me want this brush! I finally bought it and I couldn't be happier! After I apply an eyeshadow primer, I always sweep Brule e/s over my lid as a base shadow (I find that doing this helps even out my eyelids since brule is a match for my skin, and also keeps my eyeshadow from creasing) and the 227 is the perfect brush for this!! I also use it to apply other shadows as well when I want a wash of color (i.e Naked Lunch, All That Glitters etc.). This is also a great brush for highlighting the face. It's soo soft and easy to clean - I love it! I only own 4 MAC brushes and so far I love each one for different reason and I will never be without any of them!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by anjalimakh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my makeup life, 227?

My reasons for hunting down this brush were as follows: I needed a LARGE brush with which I could deposit a good amount of color quickly across my entire eyelid (as in 10 seconds). The 239 is good - deposits color well, but it's so small for me that I need a couple minutes to get a nice even wash of color - which is hard because it doesn't cover the whole lid so I have to blend to make it all even. Not good.

This brush is soft yet dense enough that it picks up adequate color with just a tap and deposits it evenly - basically, NO WORK INVOLVED - just swipe & pat a little, and you're good to go. I'm a "neutrals with a kick of color" kind of girl. I usually go w/ a wash on the lid w/ a slightly defined crease - that's it. So when I need to be out the door fast (and who doesn't?), this is the brush I go to.

My 239 is still great. I love it for more precision on my lid (if you can believe that) & lining my lower lashline - that's where it really excels for me. This brush is a must have if you have larger lid space & need a wash of color. If you pack 8 colors on your lid and blend a lot, this probably isn't for you, I'm guessing.

I don't highlight my cheekbones or anything, so I can't speak to that, but the MA did mention that as a purported use of this brush.
I have also tried it for a browbone highlight, but it is slightly too big for that.

BUY THIS BRUSH. You will not regret it. I regret not getting this sooner as a must-have in my collection - coulda saved myself a lot of time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

First off - I always say that I'd buy Mac brushes again, but the great thing about Mac is that every single brush I've purchased has lasted for more than 5 years. I hope I don't jinx this latest purchase, but my experiences have been great.

This is a really good brush for sweeping on colour across my lid. I also use it to brush on highlighter on the cheekbones and the cupid's bow. Highly recommended!