November 25, 2014 | 1724 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Summer Color Self-Tanning Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by merin44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at my local drugstore for under $7.00. It was the cheapest self tanner that they had and the "citrus scent" caught my eye. It's the beginning of spring so my skin is pretty pale from not getting any sun all winter. I got home and took a shower to exfoliate my skin before applying. Application was easy thanks to the spray nossil. I tend to buy the spray tans over the lotions because they're easier to apply. The next morning i woke up and was pleased with my results. I wasnt orange at all. Instead I was a few shades darker, enough to stilll look natural. There were no streak marks, no darker patches, and no missed spots. The smell isnt that bad, its better than most self tanners out there but it does still have that "spray tan" smell. I took a shower later that day and the product still stayed on. Overall I'm please with this product and recommend it even if your really pale, it works. The ONLY negative thing i could say, on the back of the bottle it says to spray on 1 coat and let dry and then spray on another coat for maximum results. If you choose to do that be prepared to wait a LONG time for it to dry. I'm talking 4 hours here. Your best bet is to apply one coat and then apply another coat the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by zbaldridge

I loveee this stuff! its great i have a olive complection and i wasnt looking to use the tanning beds and i dont really like the lotions bc they can be messy so i've been reading reviews on spary tannning products and thought i'd just give the cheapest one a try and see how i liked it. well its great! the first time i used it i got a great sun-kissed glow, no orange, no streaks, the smell is a bit overwhelming and sweet thats the only complaint i have. but it gives you a very natural look, nothing too much,a just noticable subtle bronzed color. great as a sub. for tanning beds till summer! definantly recommeded for someone looking for a little sunkissed glow in the winter months!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by reyrey503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for when I need a quick shot of color. I am very fair skinned and this stuff after two applications does the trick. I dont like to be super dark (a lot of people do) but I do like a little color and this kind of gives me an in between. Its like the skin color I am supposed to have (since I am half Native American) The smell is nice and is super easy to apply. I usually spray it right after I get out of the shower and dry off. I let it dry (take about 30 min fully (when I spray 2 coats) ) After that I put my lotion on and I am dressed and out the door. It has lasted more than 7 days for me and is gradually fading. Definitely a re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by plushes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product since 2006. Out of plenty of sunless tanning products that I have invested in over the last 20 years, this one is the best, next to having a spray tan applied by a professional. The scent is fairly light and so is the product. I spray myself once, allow it to dry, apply again and then about every other day as needed. I have fair-medium skin, but I tan easily. This product creates a very bronzed, natural looking tan over a couple of days. As with all sunless products, you must use it sparingly around knees and fingers. I also rub the product in after spraying to make sure I get everything. I use this heavily on my chest, face arms and hands when I need a quick tan for a night out. Full body application takes a while to make sure you 'cover all of the bases.' I also carefully wash my hands after applying, then I spray the back of each hand/wrist lightly and allow to dry.
For some reason I can only find this at Target, so I buy 4 cans at a time. This stuff lasts and fades nicely and evenly. Just don't let anyone kiss the areas that you spray until after you bathe. They will recoil in horror at the bitter taste! This is a great product. If you want to be darker on the first day of use, many will need to apply twice. It really does leave a nice golden bronze color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Overall I like this self tanner! I prefer the spray kinds (the ones that mist and don't need to be rubbed in), as it's very quick and easy. If I have to spend a ton of time rubbing in a product, making sure I don't miss a spot or apply unevenly, I just get annoyed. I'd used Neutrogena Micromist many times and found this to be somewhat similar with how it mists the product. It takes literally under 2-3 minutes to apply it to my body, and it dries fairly quickly.

My favorite thing about the product is that it doesn't smell bad. It has a fresh citrus scent, which is pleasant and not overpowering. You can smell it most when you first apply it, and then the scent wears off. So many self tanners just smell so bad that I don't want to use them. Some of the better smelling ones start to stink after the color develops more. I have to say that this one is definitely one of the better smelling ones. This one, plus Ocean Potion Ever Glow and Hemp Malibu Tan lotions are the best scented, as they don't smell bad intially, and they don't develop that strong self tanner scent. Each may have a very, very smell hint if you sniff your skin, but I can't notice it at all right now after applying it last night.

Unfortunately, it does seem that all of the better smelling products also don't get you super dark. This does seem to be more of a "gradual tanning" product rather than a regular self tanner. If you apply one time, you might not notice a difference or you might have a very slight tan. Don't expect to be super dark unless you really spray a LOT of this. I felt like I sprayed a reasonable amount and just have a bit of an added glow. I can notice the color though, and it looks nice and natural. I will apply for a few days in a row to see how it builds. I can imagine that one might go through the can kind of fast because of using it often, but it's pretty inexpensive (I paid around $6.50).

Packing is nice and looks fine. The only downside is that I noticed that the misting cap would spray a little harder than other products, such as Neutrogena Micromist. I had to remember to keep it further away from my body to avoid spraying way too much in one spot. I'd hold it about a foot away. It also occasionally would "split" extra bits of liquid, but this didn't really seem to be an issue. The color came out very even, so those little bits didn't matter. Since it sprays nicely, it is easy to get my back and any tricky areas, and it gives a nice even coating. I was able to get dressed after only 5 minutes of dry time.

The only reason why I give it 4 out of 5 stars is that I do wish it would be a bit darker, but I guess I'm willing to give up a little bit of color for a much better scented product. I'd definitely repurchase, although I tend to shop around and like to try out new products. I also want to try one of the Coppertone gradual tanning lotions!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw no color on my skin after four consecutive days using this. I am a light to medium toned skinned person for record. The scent is very light, the price very cheap and the mist is very nice. I will save this for the dead of winter and my ghost-like skin in January but for summer, I need something darker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The color payoff for this product is so low..... I could only see this working for a VERY pale person. And even then, it's more of a hint of color, rather than a self-tanner. After using this for a few days and not seeing any color, I was convinced that I had a bad bottle that didn't have any self-tanner in it!! I decided to spray three thick layers on a spot on my legs to see exactly how much color this stuff had. I sprayed on the few layers at night and in the morning, I did see a very slight hint of color, but this stuff is not worth it. Which is sad, since the formula is so easy to spray on, and the packaging is great. It sprays from any angle. It also smells good. It just doesn't work as a self-tanner!
I'll probably use this stuff up on my legs, and I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

There are a few things I really liked about this tanner. It smells like oranges which is really nice. It blends easily and feels really moisturizing. It doesn't really work for me as a sunless tanner, however. It gives barely any color at all (making it more like a sunless glower) and what tiny bit of color I get washes right off as soon as I shower. The price is really great but for me, it's just not worth it to have to reapply every single day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jigababygirl

first time self-tanning. i bought this because it was the cheapest i could find in the store, around 6 bucks. When i applied it, i sprayed my arms and my neck. all i saw was wetness. so i didnt really know what areas i already sprayed. so some patches are darker than others because of this. the smell was ok, im glad it didnt smell weird! on the bottle it says drying time 5 mins, but at the 5 min mark, my skin was still dewy with the mist. Maybe i put too much on the first application, but it took about an hour for it to completely dry. But it was worth it! The color is so natural looking! everytime i look down and my chest or arms or legs i automatically touch my skin to see if theres a sun burn left over or something LOL. It does not look orange at all, its more of a bronzed look.
The only bad thing i can find it that the bottle doesnt last. That first application used up the whole bottle!!! I applied from my head to my feet, and I started to run out near my thighs! But I think its because i want a darker tan, for people who want a sun kissed tan, i dont think theyll run out like me.
some people have said that its orange or it doesnt even produce color. but u have to remember to exfoliate before-hand so u have the best chance of getting the most color.
But because of the awesome color and the ease of the spray (u got to get the hang of it but its pretty easy when u do) i am excited that i found this. I have never used self tanner mainly because i naturally get tan because of my race, but this tanner matches and tans my skin so impressively.
I dont mind buying another bottle or 2, because i really like the tan it gives me, and its way better than tanning beds of course :)
the flaws are minimal to me compared to the results it gives! I will buy it again most definitely!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by stacinv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives me a great color without making me look too orange. The first time I used it I had streaks everywhere. I later went back over the spots I had missed and my "tan" looked even. I don't like that it comes out clear and in less than a week I had used half the bottle. I will keep using this until I develop some color from being outside this summer.