Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 2/17/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best purple shampoos I have used so far. The version I have is reformulated so I can't compare this to the old version. It is sulfate-free and you leave it in for 3-5 minutes. Shimmerlights worked well, but left my hair a bit knotty after drying and didn't have a pleasant scent. The Joico violet shampoo smells nice and isn't that stripping. My highlights came out looking brighter and the brassiness was gone. I spent almost sixteen dollars for my bottle, so it is pricey but since I only use it after every third shampoo, I feel like I can justify the price. No problems with my hair turning purple as long as I follow the directions and don't go over the five minutes. edit 5/15/13 This had to be dropped to four lippies. It is just not cleansing enough for days when I really need it to be. This is perhaps too gentle for my hair, though I still love it for toning brassiness in my highlights and leaving my hair soft and less frizzy. Still in search for the perfect purple shampoo.

on 2/13/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have ombré hair that goes from black to light blonde with brown transitioning. For dark hair, this purple shampoo won't turn your hair purple, so don't worry. But I had some pretty brassy orange and yellow hues, which were almost all removed after using this only once! This stuff is pricey though! I guess every joico product is. I looked around and found an awesome deal for the mega size with the pump for $14. Love the packaging and the product itself. Does what it promises. I said yes to buying it again, but I probably won't need to haha.

on 1/26/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this shampoo. I highlight my hair every 6 weeks ( natural hair is dark brown ) and I always had issues with yellow and warm tones. Every time I do my hair it only looks nice for about a week. Reading the boards everybody was talking about violet shampoos , so I did check what brands do some and Joico seems the favourite one. I end up buying it of course and at first was worry to use as some people say it can turn hair purple . Well I did start using it and at first I left 2 min then up to 4 and my hair looks amazing to be honest. I don't know how this work but man my hair is really nice blonde every time I use this shampoo. So happy.
I use this about every 10 days. I shampoo ones with this and then use good conditioner ( I use Joico intense hydrator ATM ).
Will definitely keep buying it as I can really see how this turn my hair to really nice blonde with 0 warm tones.

on 12/7/2012 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for just over two years. I have my hair bleached and then a silver toner applied at my salon. My stylist recommended this to me because I wanted to make the silver last longer and keep the brassy tones out. I will NEVER go back! I use a small amount to clean and resfresh daily. If I feel I need to even out and really give my hair a refreshing punch, I apply it from root to tip on dry hair for about 20 minutes and then wash it out like I would when shampooing. Just make sure to use a colour freindly conditioner.

on 12/5/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am a long black haired girl gone long sandy blonde and this product is great for taking out the orange-y yellow parts of my hair especially after 7 or 8 washes my hair just gets that gross orange-y tint to it as my hair is more of a warmer blonde. Its a super tinted dark purple out of the bottle and it smells good.

It does dry out my hair a bit but all the purple shampoos I have tried do the same thing some worse than others.. it must be the pH, so I would recommend a really good conditioner I use the Aveda Color Conserve.

on 11/11/2012 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the only "purple" shampoo that, pigment-wise compares to Clairol Shimmer Lights, which is what I typically used in the past. I must say the Joico Color Endure has become my new favorite. It smells nicer, the color is nicer and the actual shampoo quality is much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great shampoo! I usually use Matrix So Silver, but I bought a bottle because of the good reviews. It's so pigmented! I think it's more pigmented than Matrix. It lathers well, and cleans my hair. It's a little more stripping than Matrix, but it leaves my hair more cool and even less brassy. Don't leave this on too long, it will give your hair a purple tint. It does go away though, and it's not too obvious. I highly recommend this, it's a great shampoo.

on 8/27/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo. I was really scared to try a purple shampoo for the first time because I thought it would make me have silver or purple hair but it didn't. It can be drying, but that's why I wash my hair with the violet shampoo and leave it on 3-4 minutes and then rewash my hair with a more moisturizing shampoo and condition as usual. I did buy the violet conditioner...but it's not as moisturizing as I like, so I don't really use it. I honestly don't think you need it if you want to buy them together. Overall, it does exactly what it's supposed to. It takes away the yellow tones and leave s light..almost white in some of my hairs, ash-y tone that's really pretty. :) Also, if you're afraid it might "change" the color of your hair underneath (I have light brown under my blonde), it doesn't.

on 6/24/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for the shampoo alone, I haven't tried the conditioner and cannot comment on it as a result. I have highlighted hair (every 8-10 weeks to save $$) and this prevents the yellow brassy colours from appearing in my hair, period! This is amazing, at first, I only got it because it was cheaper for me to buy this with a free intense hydrator and decided to give it a go anyways. I'm very happy with this product, it has a nice violet colour, nice consistency, but it doesn't lather very well. I absolutely love the way my hair looks after I use this, specially when I try to delay the colouring/highlighting of my hair. I am not a full blonde, and I can imagine that blondes would love this shampoo, and I have recommended this to my very pretty platinum blonde girlfriend who has also had amazing results with this. I recommend using a very hydrating/moisturizing treatment/conditioner with this as it can dry out your hair, a lot. Having said that, most violet/purple shampoos are drying and need to be followed by a conditioning treatment to ensure you're adding the moisture that's been removed! I recommend using the Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator alongside this product, as I have had prime results. Hope this helps :D

on 6/17/2012 7:39:00 AM

HG purple toneing shampoo richest purple blue tone ive ever seen in a shampoo i leave this on my roots for 3 min after my lightening process. perfect platinum blonde everytime, tho it can be drying follow up with joico intense hydrator / kpak revitaluxe and your hairs back to health. Warning becarful not to get the shampoo on really lighht light ends .. they WILL turn violet light purple blonde lol i promise, just leave on the roots :) or where ever you have yellow/brassy tones.