October 1, 2014 | 1765 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jazz1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read today that Maybelline DEFINE-A-LASH is being discontinued. Those that love it need to stock up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

It took me a while to warm up to this product. I switched to this simple mascara from a very lush MAC mascara. This mascara is great for a daytime, subtle, natural look. If you're not a heavy makeup wearer and just need a little coverage for your lashes, this is a great bang for your buck. Personally, I like a fuller, more exaggerated lash. I didn't abandon the product, I routinely change my mascara every three months and decided to see it through. I definitely applied many, many coats each use..but ultimately, not a bad product. In the middle; don't love it, don't hate it. If it was on sale or it was given to me for free, I would definitely use it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sherrinav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this mascara for the first few weeks. Went on smooth without clumping. But now it seems to clump up and is more difficult to apply smoothly. But NO FLAKING which is awesome. I am still searching for the five star mascara. Until then, this will do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by chrissyislame

I ran out of my own mascara and decided to take one of the extra's from my mom. The first thing I noticed about this mascara was how flimsy it was. I could hardly put it back into the tube. My hands were covered in black because it was making me mad. Though the wand was a bit weird, I did like mascara. It is a bit hard to wash off and it doesn't flake. I don't think I would buy this again due to the wand. It makes it harder to put on the mascara when you can't control it well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by beecky

This is the only product that I have purchased and used consistently over the course of 7 years. I always come back to this mascara, and always need to have it on hand. I usually layer my mascaras, only using 2. I use this, with whatever volumizing mascara I feel like using on top. This mascara defines and lengthens like no other. I always purchase it in waterproof, as it holds a curl significantly better than the regular formula, but that is the case with any mascara you buy. This s my HG mascara, and has been since I started wearing mascara when I was younger. I always continue the search for my HG foundation, powder, brow pencil, etc. But as far as mascara goes, this I will use forever. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by steffaniemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara because it doesn't clump, it separates your lashes & makes your lashes long. This mascara is more for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by KaelnKole

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually love this mascara because I don't like the thick clumping types of mascaras and this one goes on nice, clean and simple. It defines and lengthens the lashes. Similar to the Cover Girl Clump free mascara, except this one is much easier to hold and apply. The CG clump free one is so fat and hard to hold, it often slipped out of my fingers. The packaging is simple and attractive.

I've only used this mascara a few days but so far I am very pleased with it and am pretty sure I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by megorita21

This. Is. The. Best. Mascara. Period. I have used this mascara for probably 5-6 years and I get complements all the time of how long my lashes look. The funny thing is they can't believe that I'm wearing mascara, they think its NATURAL (which I think is totally the point.) There is no clumping WHATSOEVER and I never get raccoon eyes or flakes. The only bad part is I think it may be discontinued. I have been having a hard time finding it in stores these days (I went to 4) and could only find it in blackest black which is too dark for me (I like brownish black.) I will be pretty upset if it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is hands-down the best drugstore mascara I've ever used. I actually got complimented when I went into sephora by one of the salesgirls, and it was kind of awkward to tell her it was drugstore mascara haha. It made my lashes super long without any clumps whatsoever. I think it might have been discontinued, because I can't find it anymore, but I always check. The only downside is that it doesn't last very long, but no less so than other drugstore brand mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kb777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you like long, separated lashes, are willing to apply 2 coats while saving a little money, this one is for you. I am a devotee of Dior Show Iconic -- but am always on the lookout for a lower-priced alternative to help make my expensive Dior last longer. I really like this one for that purpose. It lifts, defines, lengthens and separates. Is it as luxe as Dior? Of course not. But at less than half the price, it is good for everyday wear. I sometimes use this as a base coat and wear the Dior over this one. Works great. The waterproof version is even better. If you aren't afraid to apply a couple of coats, you can really get a slightly false lash look. The downside is the brush. It seems a little scratchy to me.