Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 10/29/2014 1:47:00 PM

I bought Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm for the inclusion of pomegranate oil, which is supposedly one of the better skin care ingredients for preserving youthful, healthy skin. I will continue to apply this lip balm during the day but I must say this in no way, shape or form competes with my standby: Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. If I had to rely on this Burt's Bee's lip balm exclusively to prevent chapped lips, it wouldn't do the job. Within an hour of application my lips feel somewhat more dry, which I think might stem from some of the natural fragrances added to this formula (it contains eugenol [clove], limonene and other potential skin sensitizing fragrant oils). In addition, I don't really care for the slightly medicinal fragrance that seems to accompany every Burt's Bee's lip product I've tried. Just the same, I will continue using this product at least once per day to see if the pomegranate oil benefits become more apparent in time. If I see any improvements that I have been unable to obtain with Cococare or even Chapstick, I'll update this review.

on 9/11/2014 8:00:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried some of their other lip balms so I was expecting about the same from this one as well. First off, it's PINK!!!!!! No joke. The lip balm itself is a vivid bright pink, but don't let that scare you. The first time I used it I noticed immediately that it does stain your lips(which I usually do not like). I wore it to school by itself(I tend to do that) and it left a nice subtle pink that lasted for three hours, considering it is a lip balm-that's impressive. This one is lighter than the other ones I've tried, which is a little disappointing cause it wears off easy and fast. It also has a strange tingle or just refreshing feel when worn. It also has an AMAZING smell. Overall I like the product and it is good for those who like to have something on their lips without feeling heavy or a fan of tinted lip balms.

on 9/5/2014 6:24:00 AM

This is my first product from Burt's Bees. It is so great, I would never expected this. A little bit goes a long way, it moisturizes and makes my lips look natural and pretty. I think it gives tini-tiny colour payoff but I don't know, maybe it's just me :) Love this - worth to try ;)

on 8/10/2014 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Compared to the original: more slippery, but not as moisturizing. I've had the tube for years and find myself only reaching for it when there is nothing else in sight.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I think this is a okay product. i got it in a travel size kit. it helped my lips some, but my lips arent like incredibly soft but theyre not super dry anymore. when i apply this, its sorta hard to apply. it feels really waxy. i like carmex better but this could work for other people so you could give it a try.

on 7/18/2014 1:17:00 AM

This lip balm wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It smelled sort of fruity and planty and had this bright magenta colour. I had to use a ton for my extremely dry eczema ridden lips, but that turned them super bright! Aside from that, it was quite greasy and didn't actually soak in to my lips very much. The rest of the lip balm that didn't soak in wore off and stained nearly everything that came close to me magenta. It didn't lock in any moisture and gave my lips a tiny bit of hydration. Unfortunately, the small bit of hydration it did give my lips evaporated away anyway. The scent and packaging was the best part of this lip balm, but nothing else.
Take care and happy balming everyone! :-)

on 6/12/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

PROS

- none

CONS

- scent
- doesn't moisturize
- greasy

COMMENTS: First thing I noticed was the scent! It smells terrible! It's very medicinal and it lingers on the lips for a while. It's also greasy in texture and doesn't moisturize.

Will not repurchase.

on 5/2/2014 8:18:00 PM

Out of all the Burt's Bees lip balms I've tried, this is my least favourite. I don't feel that it moisturizes well, nor does it smell like pomegranate, at all. It contains pomegranate oil, which contributes to it's oily feel upon my lips, but for me, it just sits upon my lips. I don't feel it sinking in and moisturizing. Also, once the product has rubbed off of my lips, they're immediately dry. What's the point of trying to replenish my lips every hour with a balm that doesn't work(?!?!). Very disappointed and frankly surprised about this particular product as other fave lip balm is a Burt's Bees brand chapstick!

on 4/29/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Before the grapefruit one was released, this was my favorite of the Burt's Bees lip balms. It has a little bit of a red tint to it, which adds just a little bit of color. It smells really good. It is one of the more oily of the Burt's Bees lip balms, and it is very moisturizing. It is one of the lip balms that I go through the fastest.

on 4/27/2014 12:05:00 AM

I've been a fan of Burt's Bees original Peppermint lip balms for years. I love the mint scent the most of all BB lip balms. I've tried a lot of the popular lip balms out there from Softlips, Blistex, Smith's Rosebud Salve, C.O.Bigealow, Vaseline Lip Therapy, Nivea Lip Butter lip balm, NYX Lip Butter Lip balm, and more. I have to say I love Burt's Bees and it will always be a favorite. I've had it in the stick and tin pot form.

I've tried other scents like the Honey one and nothing quite replaces the spot of the original one for me. I have to say my least favorites is the Honey and this Replenishing Lip balm with Pomegranate Oil. The Pomegranate scent was what sparked my curiousity and since it came in a set with the Lemon Butter Cuticle cream, I thought what the heck, let's try it. I forgot I had bought a set that had the original, and this pomegranate one and the acai berry one. So yeah I threw out the Pomegranate one that I tried and will probably give away the 2nd one that I have not opened.

I strongly dislike this pomegranate one. It has a particularly strong medicated oil smell. It kind of feels like it's burning my lips. I don't feel soothed by it. I don't feel like it replenishes my lips. It just sits there on my lips and I had to just wipe it off and toss it to the trash after trying it twice. No. It's just not my cuppa tea. It may work for some people, but it's just not for me. I have the Mango Butter one and it's okay, but this pomegranate one just made me dislike it so much. I regret buying just as much as I regret getting the Honey one a few years back. The Pomegranate and the Honey one is just too strong of a scent for ME. I hate them with a passion. Don't ever want to buy them again.

Popular Lip Treatments