October 20, 2014 | 1878 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by divinegypsy

I have really sensitive skin and I read reviews before buying this. This ruined my skin...I got a bunch of cystic break outs. It has okay coverage but mid day I was so oily. I switched from tarte to this and it was a terrible mistake. I'm sure maybe for someone with normal skin it'd be a great product but I will never buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nanthony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this product to be pretty great. It has great coverage for a powder and did help my face stay matte throughout the day. I wasn't having to touch up as often and was very pleased. However, with being a mattifying product, it did tend to get cakey looking throughout the day and if you have any dry patches, it will cling to it! Overall this product worked well, and I would repurchase in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 More reviews by lht0663

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All of the wonderful reviews of this product are what convinced me to buy it, and for me, it just did not work out! I have very sensitive, pale skin with redness, and first of all, I thought that the color was too yellow. Second, it made my face somewhat tight and itchy. Third, I didn't really think that the coverage was so great. I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't. Admittedly, I normally like and wear liquid foundation, but I'm open to trying new things (in makeup, at least!) But this was just not the HG for me. Back to the drawing board! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many different powder foundations and full coverage setting powders, but I always come back to this one. It has excellent coverage!! I have very oil, acne-prone skin...and this powder makes my skin look (almost) flawless. I'm about NC30, and a combination of 203 (centre of my face) and 205 (forehead, jawline) matches me perfectly. I apply this powder with a flat-top brush or normal powder brush and not the sponge it comes with. With a concealer brush, I can even use this powder to spot conceal.

Overall, it's a great powder at a very reasonable price and it doesn't break me out!

The only complaint I have about this product is that, for me, it doesn't help control oil. Mind you, I have extremely oily skin so it's impossible to find something that will keep me completely matte all day. However, when I use this product, I find that I get oily almost instantly. I have to blot every 1 to 2 hours. Because that's the only negative I have about this product, I'll continue to re-purchase -- that's what blotting papers are for right?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

OMG I am so freaking excited that this powder is no longer discontinued!!!! Thank you MUFE for listening to your customers and for bringing this powder back. I absolute absolute adore this product and it is hands down the best mattifying powder out there. I tried so many and ever since this has been discontinued I struggled to find something that worked as good. Again, everyone's skin is different so if you have oily or oily/combo skin you just got to try it first and see how you feel about it. I did not break out from it even though it does have silicon "oil" in it (although it is completely oil-free). It just does not cake-up, doesn't look unnatural or too powdery it is just NICE. Be careful with ordering online since the color range is wide (which is another plus!) so it's hard to choose the correct shade without trying it on first.
I have NC 20 (25 in the Summer), light complexion with yellow undertones and the shade 201 is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by tg85

This is the best thing I have ever used. I have oily skin with acne marks and this product is so good that when I wear it I forget that I have problematic skin! I have used everything from Bare Minerals (hated it!), to Bobbi Brown but each one had another flaw. This is perfect. I can go through the whole day with very little touch ups and if I do nothing I don't look bad at all just dewy! I use this on top of Laura Mercier tinted mousturizer with a fluffy brush and voila! I also love their primer which I use when I'm going out. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with oily and not so perfect skin I wish I found this earlier I really find myself prettier with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

*****EDIT***** So I am changing my answer to "No" for purchasing this product again. This is because I think I was so excited at how well this foundation covered, felt, looked, lasted etc. that I denied that it just was not the right color for me (in my original review I mentioned that the color was a little dark). After a long love affair with theis foundation, I decided to end the relationship because I really did not like the color match:( If this product was offered in more variety for pale/fair skin tones, I would definitely repurchase.
******************************************************************************************************************

I am so beyond surprised at how well this powder works for me. I bought it off a whim after seeing the pretty great reviews on here. I usually like to do more research on makeup before I purchase them (especially when it is expensive) but I decided to just go for it- and I am so happy that I did.

My skin type is very oily, acne prone, and I have a lot of reddness on my face. I bought the powder in color 200, which is a tad too dark for my pale-ish skin but it is not enough of a difference to look unwearable. I highly recommend trying the colors in the store to find your best match. Unfortunately, girls with paler skin may have a difficult time because the colors that I saw do not accommodate for very light skin tones.

The first time I used this product, I applied it with an EcoTools powder brush (the next application I used the EcoTools flattop buffing brush and this has been way better than the powder brush!). I lightly presses the brush into the pressed powder to get a little bit of powder on the brush (DO NOT swirl your brush heavily on the powder or you will get waaaaay too much and waste product- a little goes a very long way with this stuff!!) and would press the brush in sections on my skin rather than buffing it in. For me, this gave me more coverage without using too much of the powder.

The result are great! This powder did an amazing and better than expected job at covering my reddness and evening out my skin tone. It also has surprising lasting power, though I also use MAC's Blot Powder in order to prolong the longevity of my makeup. Also, when I would use my liquid foundation prior to trying this powder, I always had issues with the foundation fading/cracking/just looking and feeling weird around my mouth and chin area- this would drive me insane. Thankfully, I do not experience that problem with this powder and it makes me sooo happy:)

The downsides to this product-- the price for this ($34-36 USD) is very high to me for the amount of powder you get. Though you do not need a lot of powder to achieve great result with each use, the price still is high. Also, I have to make sure to blot my face of oiliness or else the powder can look cakey.

So in summary after I just ranted about this:
If you are looking for a powder foundation that can achieve light/awesome medium coverage without the heaviness of a liquid foundation, then I highly recommend this product! It has not broken me out and gives me enough coverage to hide my reddness and look great for everyday use! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 More reviews by secreteuphony

HG of powder foundations, just hard to find the right color. I had to go through 3 of these to find the right shade due to oxidization. Rule of thumb, don't go for your exact match, go one shade lighter.

Since I found the right shade, I love it. It's so easy to apply. For a big night out I will use a mineral primer by Tarte plus the HD liquid foundation, maybe a little dusting of this on top if needed. On a regular day, I use this. Getting ready is a snap and you can layer it up to cover blemishes.

Love the many uses of this product, it's all about the application. You can use it as a foundation, setting powder, even concealer. I found this product after falling in love with the blush (pretty much the same thing only in dark tawny shades). Try that too! You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never been a huge fan of powder foundations because I had very problematic skin for a long time and wanted full coverage.So I was using this powder to set my liquid foundations. Recently my skin has calmed down(less frequent breakouts and scarring has faded..thank you Vitamin D!) and so I don't feel the need to put on such a thick layer to cover blemishes. I continued using this powder, but just as my main foundation (shade 207) and I am absolutely in love with it. My first compact lasted me almost a year! After I finished my first one, I tried to use the revlon colorstay powder as a replacement but it just isn't the same. This foundation gives great coverage, I would say almost full and lasts at least 8+ hours (with primer) I wore this foundation while I was living in Brazil (think heat and lots if sweating) and it never failed me. I also have sensitive skin, I break out easily from new products and I have yet to break out from this formula. I can buff on as much of it as I want and it never looks chalky or fake on my skin. I usually use a brush or if i'm in a hurry I'll use the sponge it comes with. I also find it gives my skin a lot of clarity and something of a healthy glow that I think is lacking in other powder foundations, that just 'cover' if you know what I mean.
I've loved my transition from liquid to powder, it feels so light on my skin but I know my skin also looks great with this powder on so I'm not sacrificing anything. I will continue to buy it(if it gets discontinued I'll have to stock up!) because I really can't imagine buying a different product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

Love this stuff. I have been using it for about 5 years now and every time I try to switch (I like to always try new foundations power/liquid) I always end up coming back to this! Full coverage, doesn't dry out my skin, lasts and lasts through the day.