October 20, 2014 | 859 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by windycina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again i've fall into a Dior mascara. Unless the Iconic Waterproof mascara that I've tried (and hated) this is actually superblack, volumizing and noticeable (if I want a natural effect, I don't wear mascara). But not the WAVAVOOM effect, that i was expecting. Problem is that even if it's super hard to remove, it can't resist the high temperature of the city during the summer, and I need to remove the melted product from my under eye area. Considering the price, I won't recommend this product, and I definitely won't buy it again. For less money, you can find similar mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for years - it's definitely a favourite of mine...

I'm blessed with decent eyelashes to begin with, relatively dark if not super thick, but this mascara just brings them to the next level. I find it gives me an extremely natural look, really just darkens, enhances, and lengthens what is already there. I do prefer more dramatic eyelashes however, and find that if I brush this mascara on followed by a generous coating of L'Oreal Telescopic on the base of my lashes, they stand out more whilst still maintaining a fairly natural look.

This mascara does seem to have a relatively short lifespan however, so I'm not sure it's the most cost effective, but I've not found one better for me - I personally love it and will continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can make this review short and sweet for you.....I'm on my 3rd tube of Diorshow Blackout; yes i have tried other mascaras.

I have one other mascara that I like but I'll review later.

Enough said. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most Diorshow mascaras it does deliver in terms of definition. I get thick, long glossy black lashes, really amazing comparing against bare lashes. But I like lots of volume and personally Extase gives more oomph in terms of volume, (but on a flipside the brush doesn't pick up excess the way Extase does). Another gripe I have about Black Out is that it has a tendency to smudge after about 8 hours. Would I buy it again? Unlikely when Dior keeps coming out with new variations all the time - all the more to experiment.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by cheylestar

Very thick mascara. The outcome is okay if you take your time & apply it, and go back through and comb out your lashes once the mascara has dried. It can be clumpy. It gives a very dramatic look to your lashes so if that is what you are looking for than this is the product but for a more natural look, this is not the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Lenright

This is the best mascara i have ever used!! I have tried chanel and benefit's "there real" mascara and they dont even compare to diorshow. I love how think the brush is, so it gets to ever lash. By far the best eye product i have ever bought.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by calimoonchild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love regular DiorShow but the Blackout version is not good- it smudges very easily and causes serious raccoon eyes. Love the dark black color, especially because the black regular DiorShow is sort of a brown-black. This version is a bit more liquid than regular DiorShow and seems to take longer to dry. I also think it doesn't do as good a job at separating and defining lashes as regular DiorShow.

The WORST part about this mascara is how much it smudges around my eyes. After all day wear, I have black smudges on my upper lids and under my eyes from this mascara. Will be going back to regular DiorShow or switching to something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm completely addicted to Diorshow Black Out. For many years I was a Lancome devotee, but I switched over to Dior when the original Diorshow came out. I'm Irish with fair skin and red hair, and my eyelashes are practically non-existant. I had great results with Diorshow, and when Black Out came out I quickly snatched one up. WOW! I will never stray from this product, unless Dior outdoes itself yet again. My lashes look thick, long, and sexy. I use the Shu Uemura eye curler first, then apply the mascara. For daytime use, I apply one coat and a tiny bit on my bottom lashes. For nighttime wear, I apply a coat, comb the lashes while wet with an eyelash comb, and apply another coat. It's important to start at the base and shimmy your way up. I find that gives me that full lash effect. Those who complain about the product clumping or flaking should be aware that volumizing mascaras only last about a month to two max. It's the nature of the product type, not a flaw or defect of this particular product. Sometimes I do get a little underneath my eye, but I keep that at bay with Clarins Double Fix, which I apply over this. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by northngal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara ever. My lashes are longer, thicker and more beautiful than with any other mascara. It's a splurge, but one I'm happy to pay for how great this product is.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by annrast

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this, it was just okay--very thick, but okay. After about a month, the mascara started getting thicker and so much so that the brush was caked. I thought it was just a defective item so it was replaced at the Dior counter. Same thing happened to this one so I would never buy it again. There are much cheaper mascaras that work much better and last longer. Just goes to show that just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's worth it or better.