Simple Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

2.6

on 1/31/2011 6:03:00 PM

I have quite sensitive eyes, so as Simple is meant to be all about sensitive skin, I thought I would give it a try. It is pretty good at getting off day to day eye makeup (although I've never tried it on waterproof mascara), but I do find I have to use two cotton balls worth for each eye, meaning a bottle doesn't really last that long. However, I have found that the one thing it DOES do, which I thought it wouldn't, is make my eyes sting. I have to be sure to wash my face thoroughly after using this because if even a little bit gets into my eyes they water like crazy and really hurt. Having said that, I still prefer this to some of the others I've tried as it's not oily or greasy and does the job it was designed to do. You just have to remember to wash your face and eyes well afterwards!

on 1/23/2011 12:18:00 PM

This is indeed a horrible product that makes your eyes sting which is a surprise as Simple products generally contain very few nasties. Instead, I can highly recommend using their Cleansing Lotion as a cream e/m remover. You apply it directly to closed eyes, rather than the pad rub it all over - this doesn't sting one bit providing your eye is closed - then wipe off with a cotton pad. Simple and effective!

on 12/30/2010 9:07:00 AM

This stings my eyes! Worst eye make-up remover I have ever used

on 11/29/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so, I bought this for $12 at Priceline two weeks ago, and, dear Lord, what a complete waste of money. I hate writing bad reviews, but I think people should be warned of this one!!
I don't have sensitive skin at all, but I have a Simple Toner which I like, so I thought the Makeup Remover would be nice too; but I couldn't have been more wrong. This stings my eyes (so much for being a skincare brand for sensitive skin), makes my skin red and plasticky, and does not remover even non-waterproof mascara.
I hate this, I'm sorry, but it's true.

on 11/23/2010 2:31:00 PM

My experience with this one is just the same as the previous reviewer. I had a really hard time trying to remove my mascara with this one, and it left my skin red and sore.

Bought this because I thought it would be gentle on my eyes and claims to remove waterproof mascara. I found that it took a long time to remove my eye make-up and it left faint smudges where my eyeliner was. It didn't remove the waterproof mascara and made the skin around my eyes red and sore, and stung my eyes.

Love this product! No oily residue or whatsoever!

on 10/1/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My eyes are so sensitive to makeup remover that at one point, I wouldn't wear eye makeup because I couldn't use a remover and it hurt too much. I found this and for a while, it worked and I didn't react to it. When I got to the end of the bottle however, my eyes started to react to it. Sucked.

on 9/11/2010 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does a fairly decent job of removing my make up but it hurts my eyes like nothing else! For a good half hour after using this my eyes will still be stinging and streaming. I've found that more high-end eye make up removers which don't claim to be "sensitive" or "gentle" are far less irritating. I do have quite sensitive eyes so this may work for others, but I would not buy again.

on 8/31/2010 4:49:00 PM

This is my every day eye make up removing product. I wear contacts and it doesn't irritate my eyes. Gets rid of the makeup. Is non-oily so you can put makeup on straight away without it sliding everywhere. Good stuff.