July 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

I have been using Fresh Farmacy for a long time now (about two years) on and off. Currently I use this in the night with Lush Herbalism in the morning. I usually cut it in chunks, lather the piece with some water and then use the lather on my face. However, the chunk that I ordered recently is very soft and mushy (no idea why) and i can just break off the amount I want to use, rub in some water and apply it to my face.

The cleanser has a very herby smell, and leaves my face clean and tightened. It even manages to remove basic makeup (tinted moisturizer, sunscreen and eye shadows), but with heavier makeup I need a makeup remover. Even though I have a very oily t zone, I do need to moisturize properly after using this as my skin tends to feel a bit dry overall. But its nothing that a light moisturizer can't fix.

The effects of Fresh Farmacy are awesome! Any break outs that I get, it manages to calm right after the first wash, and vanishes them in a couple of days. Even the most persistent pimples that I get are easily tackled. I especially get a lot of tiny pimples and whiteheads after threading my eyebrows, and Fresh Farmacy calms them down faster that anything else I have used.

I usually purchase a 100 gms chunk and that lasts me a good 4-5 months (using once a day, and occasionally my mom using it too).

Overall one of my favorite cleansers. A bit expensive, but I'm willing to overlook that because of the results I get. Plus it lasts a long time too. I've tried many other cleansers (Shishiedo, Clarins, Vichy and even other lush cleansers to name a few) but I keep coming back to this when my skin is troubled. Will repurchase till as long as lush makes this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by DaisyDemonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. I usually can't exfoliate, everything breaks me out, and my skin is easily irritated. This is THE ONLY face wash that has worked for me. And I've tried everything from dermatologist prescribed acne cleansers and creams, drug store stuff, proactive and murad systems. And honestly this is the ONLY thing that works for me. My skin has completely cleared up, I of course get the occasional hormone break out. But this cleanser works wonders. It is a soap cleaners so it does leave the skin feeling squeaky clean. I recommend following it up with a good moisturizer for the prefect completion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great for spot-fighting and for regulating oily skin. It is a bit drying but a bit of moisturizer will sort that out no bother. it smells really nice too. I took off a lippy because it's drying and doesn't work effectively as a makeup remover, but it is a really nice facial soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in the morning along with Angels on bare skin at night and I have seen a huge improvement in my acne. I hate that this doesn't have real packaging and that it starts to get gross looking after a week of use. It is worth it though. My acne is clearly up and my skin looks less red & irritated. It's expensive, but the bar will last awhile especially if you only use it once a day. As long as I keep seeing results I plan on buying this again. I like that it is all natural too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my teenaged son, it worked really well for him. He has super oily skin with lots and lots of acne. It got much clearer after he used this soap. However once he ran out I couldn't buy him any more because it is sooooooooooo expensive. So one lippie off for the super unaffordable price. If they would've made it a bit cheaper, then perhaps people on a budget (and there are some of us out there, single mothers like me) would be able to buy this more often, which would mean more $$ in Lush's coffers in the long run, because more people would be buying. As it is my son went back to his regular cleanser, which is also good (Chagrin Valley's tea tree oil soap, which comes out to be more bang for your buck because they sell you a HUGE bar for less than half of what a lil piece of Farmacy costs). Well I said yes I would buy Farmacy again, because it works, but the truth is, I think I would only do so if they would lower the price. If not, there are just as good cleansers out there for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

PROS:
+ Found that this cleared out the breakouts from my forehead (they're a ***** to get rid of)
+ Smooth and clean feeling on face after washing it off
+ Smooth, runny foaming
+ Bar lasts quite a long time

CONS:
- Expensive for the bar. Around $15
- The way it's presented (no packaging). I know its meant to be fresh and raw, but could they have thought of a better way?

I give it 4/5 because I would want to try other products. But who knows, maybe I'll stop my skincare cleanser adventure because this seems to be working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AfifaRaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY product that clears up and calms my acne.
For the past 2 years, I use this, my skin becomes cleared and
once i've ran out, I go and buy some expensive cleanser.

Then BAM my acne returns.

I have been on lymecycline and doxycycline antibiotics for years.
As well as differin 0.1 cream.

But Fresh Farmacy is the only thing thats cleared it up.
My skins has never felt cleaner!

YOU SHOULD ALL PURCHASE IT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I'm writing this review. A little background: I had really bad reactions to almost every LUSH face product I tried, so I swore off lush for a while. Recently, I started breaking out in really painful, big cystic acne. I have no idea what caused it, but I needed a quick fix. Out of desperation, I decided to try fresh farmacy even though every SA has said it's not suitable for dry skin. I first use ultrabland to take off my makeup (I'm not convinced it's that much better than pond's cold cream btw) then I use fresh farmacy just by rubbing my hands on the surface of the bar with a little water and then applying to my face. My skin feels tight afterwards, so I take a cotton swab soaked in Eau Roma toner to wipe off any fresh farmacy residue. I spray my face with some more Eau Roma toner (love this-->very moisturizing for dry skin), then apply vanicream lite lotion. Finally, I take some fresh farmacy and put it on any cystic acne I want dried up and sleep with it on overnight. In the morning I swear to you my cystic acne has calmed down a lot. I've been using this for about 3 weeks and my acne has gotten so much better. Fresh Farmacy isn't a miracle product, but it doesn't aggravate my acne and works great as a spot treatment. I'm so glad I gave it a try. out of all the lush products I've tried this has been the most effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I walked into Lush the first time I bought this and the lady asked me if I wanted her to test this on my skin, so she washed it for me and the whole shabang! With great customer service and the feel of it I bought the biggest bar I could find. WRONG! I used it for maybe a week and it started to break me out and I got small little pimples all over my face! I really liked the feel of the cleanser, but I also hated the packaging. I DO NOT recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by exemplaryradiation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fresh Farmacy is the best facial cleanser I have ever used.

I ventured into the Lush store at my mall with seriously irritated skin. Which honestly isn't usual for me, but stress led me to a terrible breakout. I was almost out of Aqua Mirabilis (Lush facial cleanser) and didn't have enough money to buy more. One of the ladies gave me a good-sized sample of Fresh Farmacy and sent me on my merry way. I started using it twice a day - morning and night - and after two uses my skin was back to normal. (Since then I have gotten a larger bit for myself, and some for my brother).

I splash my face with warm water and rub it on my face in circles - it feels creamy and smooth. It smells a bit like mushroom - which I love, but the scent isn't overpowering. After rinsing it off, my skin feels soft and clean - and a bit tight (but not so much that it hurts). I do have to use lotion with it, but I usually would anyways.

My brother has dry skin (as opposed to my normal skin) and while he likes it, he says it does dry his skin out if he forgets to put lotion on afterwards.