October 21, 2014 | 2073 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this facial soap. It is light and last a long time. It smells of pink calamine lotion, which brings me back to my childhood. It does make my face feel a little tight after I use it. I use it anywhere I have breakouts (face, back, chest) and I can tell an improvement. It is easy to travel with. Doesn't melt quickly like other lush soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just LOVE Fresh Farmacy! It keeps my face clean and my skintone even. Any pimples I've had during the time I've used this were caused by forgetting to use it for a couple of days.
This soap does leave my face rather tight, but nothing a light moisturizer can't fix. I might add that I do not even have such oily or problem skin, but it does not dramatically dry out my rather dry skin.
Best thing is that it lasts! I got a quite generous sample, about 8 kubic cm, I'v been using it for five months now and I'm still only half way!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I am a little disappointed with this product from LUSH... I have been a fan of LUSH but this cleanser just isn't doing much for me. It's hard to lather up. My skin feels tight and dry right after washing and gets more oily throughout the day too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Angeleyesmdc

I've been using this product for a little over a month. I first use dark angels, then follow with a quick rub of fresh farmacy. I'm pregnant and have had a horrible time with breakouts. These two products seem to have calmed my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jenreblz

Very good for sensitive skin, light and lasts long. I like the idea of a bar daily facial cleanser as opposed to a liquid pump [not to mention the harsh chemicals of generics] and you can also rub it on bug bites or inflammations anywhere else on the body during a shower and it eases it down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried Fresh Farmacy and at first I liked everything about it; the color, the smell and the feel.
It's a creamy bar of "soap" with SLS so that's a big red flag there.
TONS of Lavender. If you have sensitive skin, you should be aware of this, because that much essential oil will irritate your skin. What I have learned "irritation" also means those little bumps that are pink, or flesh colored. Keep it up and they become pimples that HURT.
So Fresh Farmacy was great at first, and then my face started to hurt, but still looked pretty clear. A week in and I am seeing these itchy, red little bumps on my cheeks and forehead.
I hate the lack of packaging, and it was suggested I buy a Solid Shampoo tin...but why SELL it to me? Why not just offer the reusable tin for free when you buy some?
It's a mushy, light pink mess in a small glass bowl in my bathroom. I suspect the reason NONE of the Sales Associates at LUSH have good skin is because
A) The cleansers have too much EO and fragrance and what's with the SLS? Hello, all natural??
B) The packaging format while in theory is eco-responsible, but come on, how contaminated is that bowl of calamine mush in my bathroom? I am sure the hipster 20 somethings don't go to any great lengths to keep theirs dry and clean-if they do they should freaking SHARE the idea
TBH I kinda think LUSH sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

I have been using Fresh Farmacy for a long time now (about two years) on and off. Currently I use this in the night with Lush Herbalism in the morning. I usually cut it in chunks, lather the piece with some water and then use the lather on my face. However, the chunk that I ordered recently is very soft and mushy (no idea why) and i can just break off the amount I want to use, rub in some water and apply it to my face.

The cleanser has a very herby smell, and leaves my face clean and tightened. It even manages to remove basic makeup (tinted moisturizer, sunscreen and eye shadows), but with heavier makeup I need a makeup remover. Even though I have a very oily t zone, I do need to moisturize properly after using this as my skin tends to feel a bit dry overall. But its nothing that a light moisturizer can't fix.

The effects of Fresh Farmacy are awesome! Any break outs that I get, it manages to calm right after the first wash, and vanishes them in a couple of days. Even the most persistent pimples that I get are easily tackled. I especially get a lot of tiny pimples and whiteheads after threading my eyebrows, and Fresh Farmacy calms them down faster that anything else I have used.

I usually purchase a 100 gms chunk and that lasts me a good 4-5 months (using once a day, and occasionally my mom using it too).

Overall one of my favorite cleansers. A bit expensive, but I'm willing to overlook that because of the results I get. Plus it lasts a long time too. I've tried many other cleansers (Shishiedo, Clarins, Vichy and even other lush cleansers to name a few) but I keep coming back to this when my skin is troubled. Will repurchase till as long as lush makes this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by DaisyDemonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. I usually can't exfoliate, everything breaks me out, and my skin is easily irritated. This is THE ONLY face wash that has worked for me. And I've tried everything from dermatologist prescribed acne cleansers and creams, drug store stuff, proactive and murad systems. And honestly this is the ONLY thing that works for me. My skin has completely cleared up, I of course get the occasional hormone break out. But this cleanser works wonders. It is a soap cleaners so it does leave the skin feeling squeaky clean. I recommend following it up with a good moisturizer for the prefect completion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great for spot-fighting and for regulating oily skin. It is a bit drying but a bit of moisturizer will sort that out no bother. it smells really nice too. I took off a lippy because it's drying and doesn't work effectively as a makeup remover, but it is a really nice facial soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in the morning along with Angels on bare skin at night and I have seen a huge improvement in my acne. I hate that this doesn't have real packaging and that it starts to get gross looking after a week of use. It is worth it though. My acne is clearly up and my skin looks less red & irritated. It's expensive, but the bar will last awhile especially if you only use it once a day. As long as I keep seeing results I plan on buying this again. I like that it is all natural too.