April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - In the Garden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite eyeshadows. Virtually all of my eyeshadows are from Everyday Minerals now because of the price and quality. This is a definite must have color. I have never had a creasing problem with their formulas EVEN THOUGH I have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

This is a very pretty medium/dark brown. I really like it that it is not a reddish-brown which does not work for me. It blends really well with Diary and my husband said that my eyes looked natural, but HUGE when I did the In the Garden/Diary combo. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by brkrtxbrb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably my favourite eyeshadow from EDM. It is the most universally flattering shade and truly beautiful.

I use it as an eyeliner. It works so well to enhance your eyes! If there was one eyeshadow to recommend to all new EDM users, this would be it. Really, really versatile. A colour that is easy to build and blend. I love that it can be smoky and intense without being severe like so many other liner shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by monicagh

The color is GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely love it because it is almost like a pigment, so intense and shimmery!! I didn't give a 5 because if you don't wear any kind of eyeshadow primer it creases a lot. But that may be my experience due to my oily lids. But I do love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A very pretty, complex bronze shadow. Great as a crease colour or liner, especially foiled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: Well, count me in as another lover of this HG eyeshadow! It's absolutely gorgeous and truly merits all the great reviews. The base, to me, looks like a warm grayed brown taupe. I can see very fine pine green and medium blue shimmers in it, but these don't show very much when applied; they just make it look *very* sparkly. The green, along with gold shimmer overlay, make it look a bit antiqued, but you would never consider it a "green" eyeshadow. Looks gorgeous foiled, too; more of the blue and green microshimmers show, but they look well blended and don't change the overall "tone" of the shadow.
Where did I buy this: EDM Web site.
Price: $2.50 for a generous-sized sample.
Packaging: Best you can get in a loose cosmetic product: screw-top sample pot with sifter cap.
Would I buy again: Totally! This will be in heavy rotation in my MU arsenal! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This color is a definite fave of mines! This color is a nice warm bronzy shade of brown with a hints of gold and green in it that looks absolutely perfect on the eye. It goes great with a nice neutral eye look or can be used towards doing a smokey eye look too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color and the shimmer in it. Works well as an eyeliner when u apply wet!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to e/s for day, night, and special occasion looks because it is such a buildable shade and can be worn in conjunction with so many other colors.

On my light to medium olive skin, I would consider it a mid-range tone that can be used soley on the lid, or just in the crease to create depth on top of another shade. The color is described as a "pearlescent antique bronze" and this is accurate. The term bronze is not to be confused with what we all refer to as tanned, but as in the metal itself. With that in mind, it does have a silvery look in the pot, but once applied, the color really warms, and some browns emerge (without any noticeable reds or oranges) making it a perfect substitute for a cool, steely eye look on warm skin tones.

I think this could work on all skin tones and colors because it can go on sheer or be built up for more drama. It's also a real chameleon when paired with other colors because you can bring out greens, browns, silvers, golds and purples depending on what colors you decide to layer with it. It works great using the foiling technique (aka applying it wet) as well.

I absolutely love it along with so many other EM products and it is probably one of the few shades I will use till the end. I've had the sample size for almost a year, and while I don't wear it EVERY day (gotta switch it up now and then) I still have A LOT left. I don't think I'll have to rebuy for quite some time, but when the time comes it will definitely be at the top of my list. A must have for your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Gidge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this eyeshadow! my son has asked me what color you get when you mix all the colors and i think this one is it! the color is hard to nail: taupey, bronzey, purpleish with multicolored shimmer.

i'm wondering if anyone else thinks it's a decent dupe for BE queen tiffany? let me know what you think.