October 21, 2014 | 1904 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually dislike fragrances that smell like food but, to be honest (and I teach cooking!), this fragrance doesn't really smell all that "vanilla-y" to me but more like burned sugar (in a nice way). It actually reminds me somewhat of Fresh's Cannabis Rose - that same warm, lush undertone. When I came home wearing this, my husband actually commented that he liked the smell very much and he is quite particular about scents and very outspoken when he doesn't like something. I got a lovely, generous sample of this and plan on going back to get the roller ball (my family can get me the full size for Mothers' Day!). As fragrances go, this is quite reasonably priced so I will most certainly repurchase this to use as an every day fragrance and save my pricey (and getting pricier) scents for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupforeverandever13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the rollerball form and loved it! It definitely has a nice vanilla scent to it and smells smashing:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by perie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love vanilla, and have been sampling various fragrances lately. Unfortunately, however, I tried Van Cleef & Arpels and Creed's version of vanilla first, which permanently seem to have spoiled me. I am not a perfume snob, and I truly don't mean any disrespect to those who love this perfume, but I found LaVanila's version of vanilla incredibly synthetic compared to VCA and Creed. Instead of a soft and luxurious dry down, LaVanila was bordering on offensive due to it's fake and cheap smell. I had to scrub it off. Too bad, it actually smelled very good out of the bottle. Sigh, it's sad that VCA and Creed's vanilla are so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by PrButtrcup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these fragrances. This scent my brother purchased for me accidentally (I requested vanilla grapefruit). I prefer this one. Friends tell me I smell like a cookie and my husband thinks it's sexy. I especially love that the formula is all natural and that I don't get a chemical headache like I do with other fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I am on my third bottle and this is my "signature" scent. I haven't found one person who doesn't like the scent when they smell it. I know everyone's perception and description of a scent is very subjective but I personally don't think this is very powdery or warm, to me it's somewhat fresh and soothing. Some people who have smelled it on me, said it smells like chocolate, which is odd but I can see how it can come off as desserty. To me though, it is not the type of vanilla you eat, or the type of vanilla you smell from bath and body works, it's nicer and cooler if that makes any sense. Well, I won't try to describe the scent since that won't be much help if you smell it differently, but I do love the brand very much, the longevity is very nice and long, and I like that it is "healthier" to wear, which makes it a daily perfume for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by shinegirl

I really wanted to like this. I LOVE vanilla!! But this is way too powdery for me. Maybe it is just my chemistry. Oh well.. I am still on the search for the perfect vanilla fragrance. Any ideas just let me know.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

This is a good vanilla scent, but the price is rather high, when you can get Yves Rochet Vanille or L'Aromarine Vanille for much less. In any case, this vanilla starts out strong, a rather boozy vanilla. At drydown, it calms down, and becomes a creamier, mellow vanilla scent. This is absolutely not a sweet vanilla at all, for which I am immensely grateful. I really like wearing this, but, for the price, I may not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Lovely on application and just as lovely after some time on my skin. It does loose its loud "VANILLA!!!" beginning and I think thats great. I'm not a girl who wants to walk around smelling like I spilled the extract on myself while baking. This mellows out into an earthy, subbtly spicy, warm vanilla. This will be perfect for winter or fall.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lugansk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not “pure” vanilla at all. I smell rather very loud mix of vanilla, flowers and patchouli on my skin. Also, reminds me of The Body Shop generic scent, which I hate. So far, my favourite is Yves Rocher Vanilla bourbon, but they don’t do it in a roller boll form, that’s why I tried this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

Hate it!! Giving me a headache. UGH! I wish I never put it on.