Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

4.7

this is awesome, i'm glad i shelled out the initial investment on this product! well worth the price! imagine the dentist is cleaning your teeth for you 2 times a day? feels squeakyyy clean, and gross as it sounds, you really see a different coloured foam instead of usual white foam from manual cleaning! speaks a lot huh!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

amazing toothbrush. i really didn't expect it to be so much better than others but it is. i got the flex care model a few weeks ago because it was on sale. my only issue was that it took almost a week to charge up and it still wasn't fully charged when i started using it. love the sonic vibrations and my teeth look a lot whiter

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I originally got an Oral-B brand electric toothbrush and absolutely hated it and got myself the Philips Sonicare. I'm so happy I did, this brush is fantastic! I have the model that comes with the UV brush head cleaner.

Having braces I found brushing a lot more troublesome with a traditional toothbrush. The Sonicare is not only excellent for braces wearers, it has a timer and best of all a gum massager - great after getting my wires tightened ♥ While some reviews I read said the on-the-go 1 minute mode is useless I found it VERY useful for in between meals/snacks. Too much brushing can be harmful to the enamel so the 1 minute brush mode is terrific, even without toothpaste! Gotta hate when food get stuck in your brackets :( There is also a sensitive mode which I've used a couple of times when I had adjustment aches.

I used to take forever brushing my teeth with braces and guessing how long each quadrant took. The Sonicare does a beep (nothing loud or obnoxious) timer for each quadrant. Now when I brush I don't feel like I take a long time, the timer has been so helpful. The device also lets you pause to spit/rinse by pressing the on/off button. You can even change modes at any time by hitting the mode select button.

The thing I love the best about this device is the uv cleaner. It cleans the brush heads (can fit 2 at a time) for 10 minutes. If the uv door unit is opened it will stop nor start unless it is fully closed. It hasn't overheated and I use it 3-4 times daily. The uv bulb is still going strong. Another great useful thing I found the uv cleaner for is my Colgate spinbrush. The spinbrush head is detachable and fits perfectly in the cleaner holder. I no longer need to buy travel brushes and can easily clean my spinbrush head.

My kit came with a travel case and charger, 2 different brush heads (standard and compact) with snap on clear caps, brush head bands (if you share the sonicare, you pick a colored band so you know which brush head is yours and or your spouse), charger with uv cleaner and the sonicare device. I got it for $150+ which I found pricey, but in the long run it was worth every penny!

i love love love my sonicare toothbrush. i thought it was such a waste of money, but i was having really bad problems with plaque buildup on my teeth and oh. my. god. thats all i can say. this has probably been one of my wisest purchases and it is so worth the money!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh, how I love my Sonicare. I didn't get the love until my mother bought one for me. It's truly fantastic. My teeth feel so clean and are very healthy. I had a little spot with a little gingivitis and my dentist told me to work on it and after a week, problem solved. I don't think I could ever live without it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I loved my first Sonicare toothbrush but it died after a year. I brush my teeth in the shower so the unit always got wet, which is fine, but because the unit is 2 pieces screwed together, water that seeped in had corroded the vibrating magnets over time. Finally when my toothbrush was about a year old it no longer worked. This sonic brush worked great, I loved it, but before I shelled out another $110 for a replacement I did some research & decided to try the Ultreo sonic/ultrasound toothbrush sold by dentists & cost more. I got mine from eBay for $135. What I like about the Ultreo is it's one solid piece with no metal or delicate parts to risk corrosion damage. It is fully waterproof. Both brands work basically the same way & have electronic timers for 2-minute brushing as well as warning lights for brush head replacement & low battery charge. The Ultreo toothbrush has a rubber bump in the middle of the brush head for creating ultrasound waves, & using a brush head like this took a little adjustment & getting used to. Happily my Ultreo is more than 2 & a half years old now & still going strong. A sonic toothbrush is a good investment. I would recommend both the Ultreo & the Philips Sonicare & I would buy another Sonicare again if & when my Ultreo ever breaks. I think the Ultreo is a step above, but the Sonicare is up there as a great product too. Both are expensive, so find the lowest price deals you can find on either one of these. They both get teeth cleaner than manual brushing but with a lot less work & using a great deal less pressure on tooth enamel (manual brushing tends to scrub enamel too hard & wear it down over time -- that's true of me, so a gentle sonic toothbrush is very helpful).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love it. I've been using one for over ten years now. I'm on my second one. My first one broke down after over 7 years and I only paid $60 for it so . . . I feel like I got my money's worth.

I travel for a living, so that it can hold a charge for the 4 days that I'm away is a big bonus.

The only thing that stinks is how expensive the replacement brush heads are, even at Costco!

Still, I love it. . . and I choose not to live without it.

Love the Sonicare; purchased on my dentist's advice about five years ago. My problem: the battery base won't hold a charge. The display window usually shows green lights but the last time I tried charging it the yellow light is all that showed. I just replaced the brush heads and bought a new charger, still no avail. Is it time to replace my Sonicare?

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Length of time used: A month and a half. I really wanted to wait longer to review it, but I just couldn't...I love it!

I'll admit I was very skeptical about spending so much money on a toothbrush. I migrated away from traditional toothbrushes a while back, and had been using Crest's Spinbrush for several years. I really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about with this product, and thought it couldn't be that much different than just using the Spinbrush...boy was I wrong - there's really something to be said for the technology here. Give Sonicare a try, and I can almost guarantee you'll feel like you just received a dentist's cleaning...it may sound like a marketing ploy, but they aren't kidding when they say it!

I'm actually sitting at my folks' house right now (visiting for the holidays), and I didn't bring my Sonicare with me. I thought, 'what's the big deal, it's only for a few days...I'll just take a Spinbrush with me in my travel bag instead...it'll be easier.' I was actually moved to write a review for this product, because I miss it so much right now! I just brushed my teeth, but my mouth doesn't even feel clean, compared to how it feels after using the Sonicare...it really made me realize what an awesome job this brush does! It also moved me to buy a Clarisonic to use on my face (developed by the same company,and utilizing similar technology, I believe); I had been considering it for a while now, but never really had the motivation to order one (again, it's expensive!). After seeing first-hand what the sonic technology has done for my teeth, I just had to see if the Clarisonic would deliver the same kind of performance for my skin! Once it's fully charged and I get to use it for a while, I'll write a review for that product as well :-)

But, back to my original point - please please please give Sonicare a try...I think you'll be happy you did! It may seem like a large cash outlay, but the way I look at it, I've invested so much money in my teeth over the years (braces; retainers; wisdom teeth removal; whitening; etc.), it's kind of protecting my investment with a preventative product...one big dental emergency would easily cost more than this brush! Plus, check out reputable eBay sellers - you'll probably be able to find some great deals!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to think that electric toothbrushes were the ultimate example of American excess and laziness. Who can't brush their own teeth? But now I'm eating my words. I get sore, bloody gums every month when I have my cycle, and it seems to be getting worse with age. Years ago my dentist recommend the Sonicare, but at that time it was ridiculously expensive -- if I remember correctly it was around $375 if not more.

So now the price is down, my gums are still sore, and I decided to buy the Flexcare model since it has a massage setting. I got it on sale at drugstore.com and from the first use I became a convert. I will never be able to go back to manual toothbrushing again. My teeth are so clean, polished and shiny every day. There was a difference in color after the first use: I suppose the Sonicare got rid of some coffee stains. It comes with the standard brush head, but I ordered the compact heads as it will be easier to clean the back of my teeth with a smaller brush, more like the dentist uses. The massage setting is wonderful for my gums, which are feeling better than ever. I don't know if it's necessary -- if you aren't real sensitive you could probably buy one of the less expensive models and massage your gums with the regular setting. I will say that the Essence model is fatter and heavier than the Flexcare if that's important to you.

There is absolutely no way to get this effect with a manual toothbrush. So if you want clean, shiny teeth and healthy gums, it's a good investment. I expect my next dental cleaning to be much shorter with very little scraping. To me, this is an essential beauty and health tool.

Popular Other Products