February 1, 2015 | 1068 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Medicated

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by RestlessAntics

LOVE THIS CHAPSTICK. For years, I was suffering from amazingly dry chapped lips. One year, it got so bad that my lips actually would constantly bleed from being so cracked. I tried plenty of lip balms, but they worked minimally--even the regular chapstick. My mom, who's a nurse, saw how bad my lips had gotten and picked this chapstick up for me. From the first time I've used it, it's made such a HUGE difference in my lips. Now, my lips are rarely ever chapped. i can't live without this chapstick. I seriously have one in my purse, my car, my house, my work desk, my make up box, and if I don't have one on me at a certain moment I got out of my way to buy it. I will forever buy this product! Nothing else works like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff. It goes on smooth, gives me a tingly feeling, clear color, and actually helps put a barrier and protect my lips. Only need to reapply a couple of times. My lips also feel moisturized enough for each normal day. If my lips are super dry, then I use an ointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Ihearttintin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An oldie but a goodie. These days, (I feel that) we're all consumed with "the best lipstick, the best lip balm", etc... With this kind of motivation, the price isn't even considered anymore and it's definitely all about the brand and the hype. I'm a lip junkie and I admit, it was all about "which brand" of lip balm, lipstick, or lip gloss but good ol chapstick reminded me how much quality rules over everything.

For a few months now, I've been using MAC's lip conditioner. Now that the weather's getting cold, my lips have gone dry and icky. I've always been sensitive to cold weather. I was the kid with the horrible dry lips, cracky, and sometimes with bad cold sores. My sister was giving me a hard time, made fun of my cracky lips and gave me this medicated one as joke... and surprisingly worked very well. I'm sure you've experienced the dry flakes at the bottom of your lips you just can't get rid of, right? Chapstick works WONDERS. And who knew that the $1 chapstick would be the answer to my lips misery.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about 7 years and I do agree with everyone that it is a good product. It used to be my holy grail until I discovered Jack Black lip balm. I find with Jack Black that I do not have to reapply as often and it also stays on longer. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by gracielasmommie

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I can't live with out it, literally. My lips just don't feel the same without it! It's so refreshing when my lips get dry or chapped it keeps them soft and moisturized. I have one in my purse, car, makeupkit, kitchen & bathroom no joke.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG! My husband and I both love this stuff. We keep one everywhere so we are never without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jl74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried so many different brands and types of chapstick/lip balm/lip treatment and this is definitely by far the best product in geting the job done. Other ones often dry out my lips after a few minutes but this one lasts! The only reason I am not able to give a 5 is that I'd like it to smell a bit more nicely. It just smells like vaseline with a bit of menthol on it. But I don't care as long as it keeps my lips moist and heals any cracks during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This chapstick here is my all time favorite! It's creamy, soothing, moisturizing and stays on for hours.Unlike other chapsticks that just sit on the lips witout penetrating them and thus, require reapplication, this chapstick penetrates the lips, making reapplication unneccessary! It could do for my chronically dry lips what other brands such as Labello and Blistex didn't come close to doing, and at half the price. That's why I've been a loyal user for 9 years and still counting. This is my HG and I will never be without it. Excellent as a night treatmet and as a primer before lipstick/gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Towards the end of November, I was using a skincare product that gave me a horrible reaction around the mouth area. My mouth, though in reality it wasn't, felt like it was burned. That whole area was dry, and my lips also had started to crack and peel horrendously. It cracked even more when I talked, and hurt constantly. Also, there are horrible winters where I live, so my mouth had no break. (I also have a terrible habit of licking my lips, and it sadly was the only form of relief. However, this ultimately led to my lips becoming worse.)

I had used Aquaphor (my usual miracle-worker) and other lip balms like a crazy person, but none worked. It looked like the skin around my lips was molting! It was nasty. I exfoliated gently with sugar and a toothbrush and would moisturize after, but it still didn't work. I looked so pathetic, with horrendously peeling, bright red lips, and there was nothing I could do about it. (I even had some close family members say to me: "Oh, you poor thing!" Another family member commented that it looked as if my lips had been shredded, as if my mouth had been too close to a paper shredder or a cheese grater.)

However, this came into my life and has been helping so much. When I put this on, the flakes aren't as noticeable. It's only been a week since I started using this, and it's been working so terrifically. The smell is very off-putting, but I deal with it because this product has helped the most, even trumping my beloved Aquaphor. (My lips were just too damaged for Aquaphor to help.) There's also a tingly, minty feeling after I put this on.

Since it's helped my mouth so much, I will definitely buy again. The only thing that would make this absolutely perfect would be if it had SPF, but given how much this has helped my mouth, I'm not complaining at all. I'm also not a big fan of the tingling, especially since it's wintertime as I type this. Coolness on my lips is not what I want to feel outside. Also, one other complaint: This kind of takes away the color from your lips. Otherwise, though, this stuff is nearly perfect.

**UPDATE: 2/4/2011**
I absolutely love this stuff. Love it! I used up my first tube in a month. Usually, it takes me more than 3 months to finish up any sort of product (if at all), so that I finished the tube that quickly is really saying something. After I ran out, my lips started to go bad again. (We just got a massive blizzard where I live, which is probably the reason why.)

After running out, I got two more tubes, to be sure I'm not without it for a while. Since I've started using this again, my lips have been going back to normal. I've gotten used to the smell of this stuff, but it still isn't pleasant. The tingling is okay, but it's bothersome right now because of the blizzard, due to the low temperatures and crazy wind.

This is an absolute HG product for me! And that's saying something, since I've NEVER had any sort of HG product. It takes a lot to impress me, and this has!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only lip balm that prevents my lips from peeling in the winter, and it doesn't require constant application either...I only use it in the morning and right before going to bed. It also keeps them super smooth, allowing my lipstick to go on flawlessly. It doesn't leave any white residue on your lips like some lip balms do, and the scent is quite nice. Will buy again and again!