Chapstick Medicated

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Camphor (1%) (External Analgesic), Menthol (0.6%) (External Analgesic), Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant), Phenol (0.5%) (External Analgesic) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Waxes

on 11/16/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After I moved from Georgia's 70* fall to Washington's 40*, my skin took a little bit of a beating -- my lips probably got the worst of it. My lips were cracking, bleeding, rough, and incredibly painful. When Aquaphor, and stand-by Burt's Bees balm didn't work, I tried this medicated balm, after all, under $1 wasn't much of an investment to make.

To my surprise, the Chapstick immediately soothed my lips, and within the day, alleviated most of the dryness and cracking. After about 3 days of use, my lips were back to normal.

Needless to say, there will always be a tube in my household. I will absolutely be buying this again.

on 11/14/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm amazed at how well this stuff works, especially something that only costs $1. I must have tried upwards of 20 different lip balms trying to find something to sooth my chapped lips, and nothing would work. They would provide temporary relief, but after they wore off my lips were even more painfully chapped than they were in the first place. I finally pulled this out of my makeup drawer last night and to my surprise, this morning I woke up to soft, moisturized lips. Even after the balm wore off my lips still felt good. I initially tossed it aside because I didn't like the smell, it's very similar to Vanilla Carmex, however it fades within a few minutes. It's definitely something I'll repurchase, especially with winter right around the corner.

LOVE THIS CHAPSTICK. For years, I was suffering from amazingly dry chapped lips. One year, it got so bad that my lips actually would constantly bleed from being so cracked. I tried plenty of lip balms, but they worked minimally--even the regular chapstick. My mom, who's a nurse, saw how bad my lips had gotten and picked this chapstick up for me. From the first time I've used it, it's made such a HUGE difference in my lips. Now, my lips are rarely ever chapped. i can't live without this chapstick. I seriously have one in my purse, my car, my house, my work desk, my make up box, and if I don't have one on me at a certain moment I got out of my way to buy it. I will forever buy this product! Nothing else works like it!

on 4/12/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Awesome stuff. It goes on smooth, gives me a tingly feeling, clear color, and actually helps put a barrier and protect my lips. Only need to reapply a couple of times. My lips also feel moisturized enough for each normal day. If my lips are super dry, then I use an ointment.

on 10/1/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

An oldie but a goodie. These days, (I feel that) we're all consumed with "the best lipstick, the best lip balm", etc... With this kind of motivation, the price isn't even considered anymore and it's definitely all about the brand and the hype. I'm a lip junkie and I admit, it was all about "which brand" of lip balm, lipstick, or lip gloss but good ol chapstick reminded me how much quality rules over everything.

For a few months now, I've been using MAC's lip conditioner. Now that the weather's getting cold, my lips have gone dry and icky. I've always been sensitive to cold weather. I was the kid with the horrible dry lips, cracky, and sometimes with bad cold sores. My sister was giving me a hard time, made fun of my cracky lips and gave me this medicated one as joke... and surprisingly worked very well. I'm sure you've experienced the dry flakes at the bottom of your lips you just can't get rid of, right? Chapstick works WONDERS. And who knew that the $1 chapstick would be the answer to my lips misery.

on 7/28/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used this for about 7 years and I do agree with everyone that it is a good product. It used to be my holy grail until I discovered Jack Black lip balm. I find with Jack Black that I do not have to reapply as often and it also stays on longer. I will not repurchase.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I can't live with out it, literally. My lips just don't feel the same without it! It's so refreshing when my lips get dry or chapped it keeps them soft and moisturized. I have one in my purse, car, makeupkit, kitchen & bathroom no joke.

on 6/5/2011 1:01:00 PM

HG! My husband and I both love this stuff. We keep one everywhere so we are never without it!

on 5/19/2011 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried so many different brands and types of chapstick/lip balm/lip treatment and this is definitely by far the best product in geting the job done. Other ones often dry out my lips after a few minutes but this one lasts! The only reason I am not able to give a 5 is that I'd like it to smell a bit more nicely. It just smells like vaseline with a bit of menthol on it. But I don't care as long as it keeps my lips moist and heals any cracks during the winter months.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This chapstick here is my all time favorite! It's creamy, soothing, moisturizing and stays on for hours.Unlike other chapsticks that just sit on the lips witout penetrating them and thus, require reapplication, this chapstick penetrates the lips, making reapplication unneccessary! It could do for my chronically dry lips what other brands such as Labello and Blistex didn't come close to doing, and at half the price. That's why I've been a loyal user for 9 years and still counting. This is my HG and I will never be without it. Excellent as a night treatmet and as a primer before lipstick/gloss.

Popular Lip Treatments