July 31, 2014 | 1611 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works amazing on my blonde curly hair for both blowing it out/ironing straight or for taming frizz while defusing and curling. I've for sure noticed an improved look to my hair, health wise; there's less breakage. And I love the candy smell of this product. A little goes a long way. I just ran out the other day (bottle lasted about 4 months or so) and my hair isn't as polished looking with out it. Only downer is the price (about $35 CAD) but good stuff is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by aquatic

This is by far the best heat protectant I have ever used. I've tried a ton of drugstore heat protectants and high end products but nothing compares to this! The whole S Factor line smells absolutely amazing and the Heat Defender follows suit :o)
This product is very lightweight but I can tell when I use it that it does the trick. There's no doubt in my mind that this protects my hair from heat damage. It doesn't wet the hair, so I straighten right after I apply it. When I was using Tresseme's heat protectant, I'd have to wait for my hair to dry after in order to straighten it.
The only down side is the cost. I have quite a heavy hand when I use this because I'd rather be safe than sorry. It comes in a fairly small bottle for a fairly high price. It's worth it, though.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the lightest and best smelling heat protectant I have ever used! And Iíve used a few Ė Ghd, Paul Mitchell, Tresseme, Kerastase, Wella and Redken. The protectant is packaged in a 125ml clear plastic bottle with a pump spray and retails for £13.50. I do find the packaging of this product a little Ďcheaperí than the rest of the range, but it hasnít given me any hassles thus far, so itís not a big deal to me. The product is dispensed as a very fine mist and smells lovely and fruity. It protects well against heat damage and leaves my hair with a lovely natural lustre. Another big like, is that it doesnít way my hair down or leave it greasy looking. Thumbs up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by idhren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is serisosly the best heat defender I have used, and I have used a lot of them. It's like oil in structure, and it CAN weigh your hair down. To me that is proof of how amazing it is, normally NOTHING, I mean nothing can get my wild curls in place, let alone weighing them down. I add a little matte wax to lift my hair back up after I have straghtened it.

It's not yucky sticky, it's not bad smelling, it doesn't leave your har feeling like it's filled with product, quite the contrary. I love it. It doesn't provide any hold, so that's a minus, but it makes the hair feel so silky and shiny that I can't help but be amazed.

Pretty expensive compared to some other products, especially when sold in hair salongs, so make sure to make the best deal online.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by VanillaCreme8

Amazing product!!! I spray it in dry hair before using my GHD, and i love the results!! It makes my hair appear instantly shiny, smooth and healthy. The product is also very lightweight and smells delicious. While it is expensive for only 125mls ($32.00 in Australia!) and the packaging is flimsy, i would definitely purchase it again (but will use it sparingly!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by navalon

I absolutely adore this stuff! Heat protection, shine, smooth and soft! I apply it before using my flat iron (mine is from GA.MA). I def. buy this item again and again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by gwinnear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So you know when you buy a super-hyped product hoping it'll be amazing but expecting that it'll probably be just ok? Yeah? Well, this is NOT one of those - it's incredible! My hair is very dry and no matter how much I condition and treat it, the ends are always a bit frazzled and uncontrollable. But, a couple of squirts of this, and a quick run through with the straightening iron, and my hair looks exactly like it did the last time I left the hair salon. It is smooth, soft and perfectly straight and in place. And the smell is fantastic! The spray does mist very finely, and at first I didn't realise any of the product was on my hair and I added more, but it doesn't appear at all greasy, just shiny and smooth. I absolutely recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the better-working older sister of TreSemme Heat Tamer. My hair gets straight, smooth, and silky and feels so healthy when I use this. If you're willing to splurge on heat protector definitely get this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

expensive, sickly smell, its not bad but makes my blonde hair look greasy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only heat protectant I trust with my flat iron. There isn't that scary sizzling sound or burning smell with this product at all. It keeps my hair straight (or curly, if I've curled it) and leaves my hair amazingly shiny.