TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Dethylhexanoate, Disopropyl Adipate, Disopropyl Sebacate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quite simply 'the best heat spray'.

I live on the hair board and try everything. This was probably the 5th heat protectant I tried a few years ago and since I have tried many more and it's still the best.

-smells great, like watermelon and strawberries
-gives great shine that rivals most glossing serums
-lightweight yet helps keep my hair frizz free

I used to spritz a few sprays on my brush then brush it through damp hair starting at the ends, working up so not much product got near the roots. I feel this method not only helped seal in my hairs moisture but also ensured even distribution. This stuff works well layered with other styling products and leave ins. The packaging is cheapish, it looks stylish but is flimsy. I dropped it once and it split, covering the floor... My room smell great afterwards lol. I've repurchased twice, each bottle lasting around a year. I only use low heat settings and silicones sparingly now but I will always have a bottle of this stuff around. It's a staple. The price is medium and is worth the few extra pounds compared to tresemme from performance and ingredients. This stuff contains a couple of conditioning ingredients such as vitamin e.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am biracial and the natural texture of the hair in the front of my head is different than the rest. At first I did not like this product because I felt that it didn't work. When I flat ironed my hair it did not get shiny or anything so I threw it in the back of my beauty pantry.
Lately I have been bunning my hair and got my bangs cut. I decided to try this stuff again and OMG I love it! My bangs are straight, shiny, smell like candy and I don't get split ends!
A little advice for those with kinky/coily/African American hair, this may not work on you. The rough parts of my hair did not like this product but the sections of my hair that are looser in curl reacted to this spray very well. When I get a chance I want to try the shampoo and conditioner from the same line.

I love, love, love this! I use a flat iron or curling iron almost everyday. This stuff is fantastic, especially with the curling iron. With just a couple of sprays, I end up with lovely, soft, shiny curls. The smell is light and fades quickly. It's pricey, but totally worth it if you're a heat styling addict like me. The protection it provides is superb!

I love this spray, but be careful! I only need 2 sprays, held about 8 inches from my thin, curly hair before ironing. Otherwise, I get oily looking roots (and I have very dry hair). So, use with caution! But, it is the best one I've tried yet, and I've tried a lot!

I cannot even begin to explain how terribly dis-functional my hair is. Course curls which I straighten religiously each day in-spite of the fact my hair looks like straw. Even a hairdresser can't make my hair look any better than I can so I'd kind of gotten used to the fact I'll never have lush, conditioned looking hair.

I am in AWE of this product! A small spray to my usual blowdry, my locks look totally transformed. Safe to say this product has kind of changed my life.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Lovely heat defence spray, lovely smell, just be careful not to spray too much on can make the hair feel sticky. Once you work ot the right amount of sprays for your hair type you will love this product hopefully as much as i do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. It's a must for anyone that subjects their hair to heat tools. It is pricey, BUT it lasts forever as you only need a little bit. (Overdo it and you'll have really greasy feeling hair, ask me how I know..) I am addicted to the way it smells, it smells like shock tarts to me. I guess it's working, I use heat all the time and my hair isn't damaged hardly at all. Definitely worth a try, CHI ironguard made my hair feel weird. I like this much better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product works amazing on my blonde curly hair for both blowing it out/ironing straight or for taming frizz while defusing and curling. I've for sure noticed an improved look to my hair, health wise; there's less breakage. And I love the candy smell of this product. A little goes a long way. I just ran out the other day (bottle lasted about 4 months or so) and my hair isn't as polished looking with out it. Only downer is the price (about $35 CAD) but good stuff is worth it!

This is by far the best heat protectant I have ever used. I've tried a ton of drugstore heat protectants and high end products but nothing compares to this! The whole S Factor line smells absolutely amazing and the Heat Defender follows suit :o)
This product is very lightweight but I can tell when I use it that it does the trick. There's no doubt in my mind that this protects my hair from heat damage. It doesn't wet the hair, so I straighten right after I apply it. When I was using Tresseme's heat protectant, I'd have to wait for my hair to dry after in order to straighten it.
The only down side is the cost. I have quite a heavy hand when I use this because I'd rather be safe than sorry. It comes in a fairly small bottle for a fairly high price. It's worth it, though.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the lightest and best smelling heat protectant I have ever used! And Iíve used a few Ė Ghd, Paul Mitchell, Tresseme, Kerastase, Wella and Redken. The protectant is packaged in a 125ml clear plastic bottle with a pump spray and retails for £13.50. I do find the packaging of this product a little Ďcheaperí than the rest of the range, but it hasnít given me any hassles thus far, so itís not a big deal to me. The product is dispensed as a very fine mist and smells lovely and fruity. It protects well against heat damage and leaves my hair with a lovely natural lustre. Another big like, is that it doesnít way my hair down or leave it greasy looking. Thumbs up!

Popular Styling Products