July 30, 2014 | 1683 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel bad givign this product a bad rating since the owners seem like honest and hardworking people.
I am dark skinned with golden undertones and did not seemed to find a match but at the time really wanted to get away from commercial foundations and decided to switch. I got an OK match in MAU (i think) and ordered the full size.
It looked ok but made my face really itchy. I do not know which ingredient is the culprit since it has no bismuth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Ordered this trying to look for the perfect oil control mineral foundation with good coverage.

FIrst of all, good pricing for the amount you get! Slow shopping unfortunately, color range is weird...the "dark" shades reach NC-NW40s at the MOST.

Also I noticed when i wear this stuff I get SUPER oily. I was confused considering it was supposed to be a matte finish...but upon closer inspection...

has anyone noticed this stuff actually has chunks of glitter!?!?!?! NO WONDER MY FACE LOOKED LIKE AN OIL SLICK WITHIN THE HOUR

Recommended only for normal skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by katyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a frickin' quality product right here!!! the whole cat-theme is a little tacky, but the product speaks for itself: no micronized or nanosized particles, or bismuth oxychloride (all of which can cause cystic acne). that was the reason i bought it. but on top of that there are no preservatives/parabens, no fillers, no silica, and they don't test on animals.

AND it's one of the LEAST EXPENSIVE mineral make-up lines i've come across.

tonnes of colours to choose from, but as with any mineral makeup if you don't have the right shade it can look chalky. great coverage, but i find that for my acne scars i still need concealer (not for redness or under my eyes though).

i forgot my meow foundation at home when i came to another city for the summer, and i've given up on finding something i like as much as this. nothing comes close.

please support this amazing small business, these women really know what they're doing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ordered a few samples of this a while ago and I finally got around to trying them and so far I really like this makeup. My samples came in plastic baggies in a little animal print pouch and all of the makeup has cat related names which I thought was really cute :) Shipping took a little longer than I expected but I received a few eyeshadow samples with my order, which I thought was a nice touch. Their eyeshadows have alot of pigment in them so a little goes a long way. I love that this does not have ingredients in it that usually clog my pores and cause irritation such as Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't have a ton of mica in it so it doesn't look too shiny and glittery and best of all because it did not make my skin itch and breakout like so many other mineral makeups do. Yay! They have a great color selection which makes it really easy to find a match. I'd say the coverage is ok. Probably sheer - medium at best, even in the "Flawless Feline" finish but it is buildable and I like that this doesn't look chalky or powdery. All in all I'd say that although this is not my HG in MMU I do think it is one of the better formulas out there that I've tried (especially for those with sensitive skin) and I really like that it gives pretty good coverage with minimal ingredients.This is one I would definitely use/buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

wowzz this give pretty pretty amazing coverage and the color selection superb! finally a brand that gives soo many yellow tone options! ive only been using the samples but i will def buy the larger size when i finish. not a perfect color match but i can get the lighter and darker shade and mix them together :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Javajabbers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seeing such a low rating really surprises me on this one, so I had to stick in my 2 cents. I will start by saying I used to wear Bare Minerals, but after a couple of years I discovered I was breaking out in hives from the bismuth. I went through a glut of mineral makeups, and I landed on Aromaleigh. When they went out of business, someone suggested Meow. once I got the right shade I have been a happy camper and have turned my friends on to it as well. I have extremely sensitive skin and need full coverage...this stuff delivers! When I recently ran out I tried yet another foundation at the drug store, and proved to myself again that Meow has it down. Shipping for me has only been a few days. I ordered on a Wednesday and got it on the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). As for colors, you have to get samples. Small price to pay for such a great product at such a good price.

One final word, I don't think a lot of people realize how irritating bismuth is, and some think they can't wear mineral makeup when in fact it may be a sensitivity to bismuth. Meow has no bismuth, and I think they should proclaim that boldly. I had to do a lot of research and finally an email to know for sure. I'm not sure why so many high end cosmetics use bismuth, but I suspect it has to do with coverage. Few mineral makeups without it have a nice coverage, but Meow does!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After realizing my beloved Chanel foundation and primer were the cause of my breakouts, I began the switch to mineral foundations. I heard good things about Meow, and I wish I tried them sooner! As I have acne scarring/pitting from my teenage years I needed something with full coverage, so I passed on Purrfect Puss. Pampered Puss is nice, but I needed to build it up to get the coverage I needed and it didn't control oil at all despite using the oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder with it. Flawless Feline is *perfect* for my needs, giving full coverage yet a natural look in one thin layer. Used together with Meow's oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder my face is flawless yet natural-looking all day long. When I *do* get oily my face is dewy, not shiny. I spritz my kabuki with rosewater during application and spritz my face when done, which is probably why I'm not getting the dry, cakey look others have mentioned. I also use a HA serum and camellia oil for my moisturizer, so I imagine that if your face were bone-dry FF may not work for you. There *is* a bit of tightness when first applied (probably from the kaolin clay) but this dissipates quickly. I did have to take a lippy off as there's a major leap between Meow's medium and medium-deep shades (the 3-5 range).

On another note, I'm unsure as to why this foundation is getting such a low rating. I can understand any allergic reactions and drying effects, but those complaining about the color matching and shipping IMO need to chill and be patient. Meow is a small indie company, not a huge international conglomerate like MAC. If you want instant gratification, this isn't where you should be looking. If you want to support a small company with great products and value for the cost, you can't get much better than Meow. As for the color matching, it's easy to figure out if you're willing to be patient, do your research, and ask for help.

EDIT 5/9/12: Had to knock another lippy off and change my re-buy status to "no". My skin's gotten a lot better so I don't need as much coverage, and with the weather getting warmer FF was making my face itch and sting like crazy. Switched to Pampered Puss and I'm perfectly happy. I did find a perfect match in PP without mixing, Slinky Manx.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing this regarded as so many people's holy grail foundation, I decided to give it a try. I ordered a ton of samples, and it took almost three weeks to receive them. None of them were a spot-on match, but Inquisitive Siamese was extremely close. I liked it enough to order a full size, though going back to their website made me realize how much I dislike the cat theme. I like kitties, and I think the names of the products themselves are cute (Feliner, Pampered Puss, etc.), but carrying that over to the foundation shades is a bit ridiculous. I want to be able to go straight to what I'm looking for, not have to click on cat breeds to see which undertones they match. Anyway, after placing my order, it was about two weeks before my foundation even shipped. I understand that happens, but I'd now invested over a month just to get my correct shade of foundation.

I really like the large size jar, and I like that I can dump some into the lid and get it on my brush from there. However, the formula just doesn't work for me. I do have some beige and pink undertones, but the corresponding foundation shades had too much of them for me. The neutral provides the best coverage, but it just don't look right on me. It does cover up what I want, but it still lets my barely-there pink undertone shine through. If I want to really tone it down, I have to apply so much foundation that it starts looking chalky/grey. I have to spend a lot of time applying it just so, so that my acne scars and red skin is covered without looking like I have a pound of powder on my face. It can be done, but I can't stand in front of the mirror for half an hour most days.

Aside from the color issue, I can get some serious discomfort from this foundation. It does itch some when I first apply it, though if I've recently put on a moisturizer, it's not as bad. However, if I sweat or if it's humid outside, I itch a LOT. The skin under my eyes will actually burn enough that I have to rinse the makeup off with water to make it stop. I live in Florida, so...yeah. That happens a lot. I know Pampered Puss is supposed to negate this problem, but it simply does not have the coverage I need.

All that said, the foundation never seemed to clog my pores, and I only need minor touch ups on my nose and chin after a couples hours of wear. I don't think that outweighs the down sides, unfortunately.

As it stands right now, I will be looking for a new foundation. I'm sure if I tried, I could find another shade that matches better. Or I could spend a long time on my makeup every day, applying a ton of concealer so I could get away with a lighter coverage formula. However, that could easily take several months since just getting a batch of samples easily takes three weeks. It's very disappointing since even after four months, I've barely made a dent in the jar. I do think I will keep it around to apply with a wet brush as a concealer, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by aquarianjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The two biggest things I love about Meow Cosmetics are what it's made out of and how it matches my skin tone. Over the last couple of years, my skin has gone from being resistant to slightly sensitive. Since I wear makeup everyday for work, I decided to switch over to mineral makeup in an effort to cut down on breakouts. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right color with Bare Escentuals. The closest I could get was the Medium Tan, but I still ended up looking pink...and kind of off. Being of Polynesian and Asian descent, it's incredibly difficult to find a foundation and powder that really looks good - not beige, but also not entirely yellow. Neutrals such as MAC's NC line is okay, but covers over rather than match my skin if that makes any sense. I can't remember how I stumbled on to Meow Cosmetics, but I absolutely love how they have such a huge selection. Buying up a range of samples, I discovered the one that was perfect for me: Manx. It's a mix of peach (not pink or beige!) and yellow, which matched perfectly with my skin. I stick with the flawless line because I like having full coverage. The coverage is excellent; it covers up my dark spots wonderfully and blends beautifully with my skin color.

Some of the downers, though, is that it can be pretty expensive to get the concealer, the primer, the finishing powder, as well as the foundation. Also, it always takes a while for my order to ship, sometimes two weeks even with paying for priority mail delivery. The latter is a bit annoying, but that's only because I tend not to plan early enough so when I order, it's cause I really need it. :) And like with any mineral cosmetics line, the whole loose powder deal is a bit inconvenient (I used to be a compact powder gal) when wanting to do touch-ups to, say, go from work to a night out. Still, it's small stuff compared to it's perfect color matching and non-irritating ingredients. I'll take that over a little inconvenience any day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I'm not a new user of Meow Cosmetics, but I like to update my reviews as my feelings change about certain products. I highly applaud this company for having a VERY wide range of shades since my skin is a challenge to match. I'm warm and that can mean a lot of different things. More specifically, I'm golden, not yellow, not peach, not olive, not really golden-olive ... the list goes on and on :)

Some people may disagree with me, but I do think that Flawless Feline is a heavy coverage foundation. I made the mistake of buying this the first time around because I thought it would cut down the time in my makeup routine. However, I thought this formula was harder to work with because, well, it is heavy. Meow claims that it will feel light on the skin despite its coverage. I unfortunately could not agree with this. It's a little chalky and definitely not light feeling, though I have seen a lot worse. Because this foundation did not really look right on me, I won't repurchase this one again.

I also wanted to share a few tips for sampling foundation colors.

1) Since Flawless Feline is heavy, I think that there's less of a "leeway" when it comes to finding a perfect match. If Flawless is the coverage/finish for you, it may be a good idea to order more samples (especially in different breeds) to find the most accurate match.
2) Post or email your pic to Jen on the forum. She usually narrows it down to 3-4 different undertones that you should try.
3) If you are unsure of your undertones, order some samples in Siamese and determine how much your skin deviates from the foundation. If it looks pink, order/try warmer shades (cooler shades if it looks yellow).
4) If you *know* you are warm toned, order Chartreux first. That breed is definitely warm and definitely has some yellow. Chartreux pulled pink on me, so I knew I needed something warmer