Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 11/29/2012 5:13:00 PM

I absolutely love Meow Cosmetics! Their shipping takes a long time (over 2 weeks for me and I don't live very far away) but I can forgive that because they're a small company-- 5 women I think-- and they personally check every order. Plus they give free samples-- one of mine was a blush that I love! Anyway, flawless feline does have good coverage, but you have to make sure you have the right shade. For Pampered Puss, my personal Meow favorite, I can wear four or five different shades because it bends so beautifully. FF, not so much. It is easy to apply though, and doesn't leave a line of foundation demarcation. Oily skin control is not quite as good as I would have hoped (not as good as PP), but its not as bad as it could be, either. I do wish the sifter was like Bare Minerals, because you cant stop the product from coming into the lid when its not sitting flat. I took it with me in my bag, and when I went to open it, foundation everywhere! The huge lid is great, though. I got the munchkin size, about $16, which is really not a bad deal. It'll last a long time, and their ingredients are about as good as it gets. It did look a bit shimmery-- mica?-- but its not noticeable at all on the face. Overall, good product! It didn't break me out, has great staying power, covers well, and will last a long time! I saw some reviews that said it made their face itchy or looked cakey. In my experience it wont look cakey as long as you don't apply too much, and it wasn't itchy for me at all. I said I would buy again, because it is a good product. Still, I may try some PP mixed with concealer next time, just because of the shade matching and staying power.

on 11/14/2012 2:24:00 AM

I have been searching for face make up that matched my skin and didn't have bad ingredients. I love this product so far.i am extremely fair skinned and i used snow lynx which is pure white with no undertones. Its super light weight and lasts all day. Doesn't look caked on at all. I've read some of the bad reviews and i have no idea what they're talking about! Great price, great quality, low shipping cost, shipping didn't take long, maybe 4 days. Definitely try them out.

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I feel bad givign this product a bad rating since the owners seem like honest and hardworking people.
I am dark skinned with golden undertones and did not seemed to find a match but at the time really wanted to get away from commercial foundations and decided to switch. I got an OK match in MAU (i think) and ordered the full size.
It looked ok but made my face really itchy. I do not know which ingredient is the culprit since it has no bismuth.

on 6/11/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ordered this trying to look for the perfect oil control mineral foundation with good coverage.

FIrst of all, good pricing for the amount you get! Slow shopping unfortunately, color range is weird...the "dark" shades reach NC-NW40s at the MOST.

Also I noticed when i wear this stuff I get SUPER oily. I was confused considering it was supposed to be a matte finish...but upon closer inspection...

has anyone noticed this stuff actually has chunks of glitter!?!?!?! NO WONDER MY FACE LOOKED LIKE AN OIL SLICK WITHIN THE HOUR

Recommended only for normal skin types.

on 6/7/2012 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this is a frickin' quality product right here!!! the whole cat-theme is a little tacky, but the product speaks for itself: no micronized or nanosized particles, or bismuth oxychloride (all of which can cause cystic acne). that was the reason i bought it. but on top of that there are no preservatives/parabens, no fillers, no silica, and they don't test on animals.

AND it's one of the LEAST EXPENSIVE mineral make-up lines i've come across.

tonnes of colours to choose from, but as with any mineral makeup if you don't have the right shade it can look chalky. great coverage, but i find that for my acne scars i still need concealer (not for redness or under my eyes though).

i forgot my meow foundation at home when i came to another city for the summer, and i've given up on finding something i like as much as this. nothing comes close.

please support this amazing small business, these women really know what they're doing.

on 4/23/2012 3:05:00 PM

I ordered a few samples of this a while ago and I finally got around to trying them and so far I really like this makeup. My samples came in plastic baggies in a little animal print pouch and all of the makeup has cat related names which I thought was really cute :) Shipping took a little longer than I expected but I received a few eyeshadow samples with my order, which I thought was a nice touch. Their eyeshadows have alot of pigment in them so a little goes a long way. I love that this does not have ingredients in it that usually clog my pores and cause irritation such as Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't have a ton of mica in it so it doesn't look too shiny and glittery and best of all because it did not make my skin itch and breakout like so many other mineral makeups do. Yay! They have a great color selection which makes it really easy to find a match. I'd say the coverage is ok. Probably sheer - medium at best, even in the "Flawless Feline" finish but it is buildable and I like that this doesn't look chalky or powdery. All in all I'd say that although this is not my HG in MMU I do think it is one of the better formulas out there that I've tried (especially for those with sensitive skin) and I really like that it gives pretty good coverage with minimal ingredients.This is one I would definitely use/buy it again.

on 4/22/2012 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wowzz this give pretty pretty amazing coverage and the color selection superb! finally a brand that gives soo many yellow tone options! ive only been using the samples but i will def buy the larger size when i finish. not a perfect color match but i can get the lighter and darker shade and mix them together :D

on 2/28/2012 9:39:00 AM

Seeing such a low rating really surprises me on this one, so I had to stick in my 2 cents. I will start by saying I used to wear Bare Minerals, but after a couple of years I discovered I was breaking out in hives from the bismuth. I went through a glut of mineral makeups, and I landed on Aromaleigh. When they went out of business, someone suggested Meow. once I got the right shade I have been a happy camper and have turned my friends on to it as well. I have extremely sensitive skin and need full coverage...this stuff delivers! When I recently ran out I tried yet another foundation at the drug store, and proved to myself again that Meow has it down. Shipping for me has only been a few days. I ordered on a Wednesday and got it on the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). As for colors, you have to get samples. Small price to pay for such a great product at such a good price.

One final word, I don't think a lot of people realize how irritating bismuth is, and some think they can't wear mineral makeup when in fact it may be a sensitivity to bismuth. Meow has no bismuth, and I think they should proclaim that boldly. I had to do a lot of research and finally an email to know for sure. I'm not sure why so many high end cosmetics use bismuth, but I suspect it has to do with coverage. Few mineral makeups without it have a nice coverage, but Meow does!

on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After realizing my beloved Chanel foundation and primer were the cause of my breakouts, I began the switch to mineral foundations. I heard good things about Meow, and I wish I tried them sooner! As I have acne scarring/pitting from my teenage years I needed something with full coverage, so I passed on Purrfect Puss. Pampered Puss is nice, but I needed to build it up to get the coverage I needed and it didn't control oil at all despite using the oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder with it. Flawless Feline is *perfect* for my needs, giving full coverage yet a natural look in one thin layer. Used together with Meow's oily primer and Top Cat finishing powder my face is flawless yet natural-looking all day long. When I *do* get oily my face is dewy, not shiny. I spritz my kabuki with rosewater during application and spritz my face when done, which is probably why I'm not getting the dry, cakey look others have mentioned. I also use a HA serum and camellia oil for my moisturizer, so I imagine that if your face were bone-dry FF may not work for you. There *is* a bit of tightness when first applied (probably from the kaolin clay) but this dissipates quickly. I did have to take a lippy off as there's a major leap between Meow's medium and medium-deep shades (the 3-5 range).

On another note, I'm unsure as to why this foundation is getting such a low rating. I can understand any allergic reactions and drying effects, but those complaining about the color matching and shipping IMO need to chill and be patient. Meow is a small indie company, not a huge international conglomerate like MAC. If you want instant gratification, this isn't where you should be looking. If you want to support a small company with great products and value for the cost, you can't get much better than Meow. As for the color matching, it's easy to figure out if you're willing to be patient, do your research, and ask for help.

EDIT 5/9/12: Had to knock another lippy off and change my re-buy status to "no". My skin's gotten a lot better so I don't need as much coverage, and with the weather getting warmer FF was making my face itch and sting like crazy. Switched to Pampered Puss and I'm perfectly happy. I did find a perfect match in PP without mixing, Slinky Manx.