Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 1/5/2013 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Update: I just wanted to add something. If you are a true Mac NC or C, none of Meow's shades are going to come close. Most of Meow's yellow based shades are unnatural. Abyssinian, Manx, and Angora are ridiculously yellow, and Chartreuse is extremely peachy. Korat will work well for some, but it has a lot of olive, so if you're not olivey, you may be out of luck finding a truly natural shade.

Many of Meow's shades in general are unnatural. I have a friend with peach skin, for example, who is fair but very rosy. Naughty Persian is a good shade for her, but there is simply no way anyone could be, say, an Independent Persian (the deepest version of Persian) without looking like their face is bleeding. There's just only so dark that peach gets on human skin. So even though they have a million shades, there are not that many that will work on real skin.

So if you're going for something as close as possible to Mac NC or C, you will need to mix. Mixes that have worked well for me are:

Manx and Siamese (or Mau)
Chartreux and Abyssinian

If you think of Meow makeup as a paintbox of mixing colors (as I do), it can be really fun, and you can adjust your look regularly with the weather or mood. Just realize you might have a hard time finding one perfect color.

Previous Review:
I have spent the past year trying to find the perfect shade and formula of mineral foundation. I tried just about everything and was largely unsatisfied. I started thinking it was just me, and either my skin was too messed up to ever look nice, even in foundation, OR i was just neurotic and needed to move on to more important matters in life. Well, I have to say that I'm very glad I stuck it through, because I've finally found the most exquisite mineral makeup. I should mention that I tried Meow a few months back, but I couldn't get the shade down, so I gave up. Something inside said I needed to give it another go, and I'm so glad I did. My perfect match is half Frisky Siamese and half Naughty Manx. And for me what works best is a mix of Pampered and Flawless formulas. Pampered is lovely, but it really is pretty light on coverage. Mixing the two gives me an amazingly natural, radiant coverage. Finding the right color is so, so important, but you may have to work at it for a while. It's time consuming and somewhat expensive to keep ordering more samples, but once you nail your shade, it feels like a miracle. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's literally changed my life and increased my overall sense of well-being. Every time I apply this, I am simply in awe. I never thought my skin could look like that. Now my biggest fear is that Meow will someday go out of business, and I'll be stuck without this!

There is one minor thing that bugs me about this line... The difference between the Frisky and Naughty shade depth is enormous. Other people have noted this too. I really wish they would remedy this, because I fall right between the two (as I'm sure many people do) and am unwilling to buy a third jar. Once you start mixing colors and formulations, and then need different depths for summer and winter, it can get really out of hand. There are ways to manage it though, and the payoff of having PERFECT foundation for your skin is worth the trouble to me. A good way to fix a too-light shade is to buy samples of the darkest shade (Independent), and add in small amounts. That way you're using almost pure pigment. You can do this with the same color, or you can add in other colors. You can even purposely buy a color in a slightly too light shade, so that you can alter the color with a second shade in Independent. I'm not doing this with my Siamese/Manx blend, because I also want the Pampered/Flawless blend, so I have to buy two jars anyway.

Anyway, this stuff is amazing... !!!

on 12/14/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, I'll tell you, after eight years as a Bare Escentuals loyalist, I've made the jump. This is just so much better! Flawless Feline gives me way better coverage, and Sleek Siamese matches my skin tone like no other foundation shade I've ever used. Plus, when you buy the large jar, it's the same price as BE, but you get twice the product. It sucks to have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, but that's a small quibble. This is just a much better product and deal all around.

on 11/29/2012 5:13:00 PM

I absolutely love Meow Cosmetics! Their shipping takes a long time (over 2 weeks for me and I don't live very far away) but I can forgive that because they're a small company-- 5 women I think-- and they personally check every order. Plus they give free samples-- one of mine was a blush that I love! Anyway, flawless feline does have good coverage, but you have to make sure you have the right shade. For Pampered Puss, my personal Meow favorite, I can wear four or five different shades because it bends so beautifully. FF, not so much. It is easy to apply though, and doesn't leave a line of foundation demarcation. Oily skin control is not quite as good as I would have hoped (not as good as PP), but its not as bad as it could be, either. I do wish the sifter was like Bare Minerals, because you cant stop the product from coming into the lid when its not sitting flat. I took it with me in my bag, and when I went to open it, foundation everywhere! The huge lid is great, though. I got the munchkin size, about $16, which is really not a bad deal. It'll last a long time, and their ingredients are about as good as it gets. It did look a bit shimmery-- mica?-- but its not noticeable at all on the face. Overall, good product! It didn't break me out, has great staying power, covers well, and will last a long time! I saw some reviews that said it made their face itchy or looked cakey. In my experience it wont look cakey as long as you don't apply too much, and it wasn't itchy for me at all. I said I would buy again, because it is a good product. Still, I may try some PP mixed with concealer next time, just because of the shade matching and staying power.

on 11/14/2012 2:24:00 AM

I have been searching for face make up that matched my skin and didn't have bad ingredients. I love this product so far.i am extremely fair skinned and i used snow lynx which is pure white with no undertones. Its super light weight and lasts all day. Doesn't look caked on at all. I've read some of the bad reviews and i have no idea what they're talking about! Great price, great quality, low shipping cost, shipping didn't take long, maybe 4 days. Definitely try them out.

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I feel bad givign this product a bad rating since the owners seem like honest and hardworking people.
I am dark skinned with golden undertones and did not seemed to find a match but at the time really wanted to get away from commercial foundations and decided to switch. I got an OK match in MAU (i think) and ordered the full size.
It looked ok but made my face really itchy. I do not know which ingredient is the culprit since it has no bismuth.

on 6/11/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ordered this trying to look for the perfect oil control mineral foundation with good coverage.

FIrst of all, good pricing for the amount you get! Slow shopping unfortunately, color range is weird...the "dark" shades reach NC-NW40s at the MOST.

Also I noticed when i wear this stuff I get SUPER oily. I was confused considering it was supposed to be a matte finish...but upon closer inspection...

has anyone noticed this stuff actually has chunks of glitter!?!?!?! NO WONDER MY FACE LOOKED LIKE AN OIL SLICK WITHIN THE HOUR

Recommended only for normal skin types.

on 6/7/2012 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this is a frickin' quality product right here!!! the whole cat-theme is a little tacky, but the product speaks for itself: no micronized or nanosized particles, or bismuth oxychloride (all of which can cause cystic acne). that was the reason i bought it. but on top of that there are no preservatives/parabens, no fillers, no silica, and they don't test on animals.

AND it's one of the LEAST EXPENSIVE mineral make-up lines i've come across.

tonnes of colours to choose from, but as with any mineral makeup if you don't have the right shade it can look chalky. great coverage, but i find that for my acne scars i still need concealer (not for redness or under my eyes though).

i forgot my meow foundation at home when i came to another city for the summer, and i've given up on finding something i like as much as this. nothing comes close.

please support this amazing small business, these women really know what they're doing.

on 4/23/2012 3:05:00 PM

I ordered a few samples of this a while ago and I finally got around to trying them and so far I really like this makeup. My samples came in plastic baggies in a little animal print pouch and all of the makeup has cat related names which I thought was really cute :) Shipping took a little longer than I expected but I received a few eyeshadow samples with my order, which I thought was a nice touch. Their eyeshadows have alot of pigment in them so a little goes a long way. I love that this does not have ingredients in it that usually clog my pores and cause irritation such as Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't have a ton of mica in it so it doesn't look too shiny and glittery and best of all because it did not make my skin itch and breakout like so many other mineral makeups do. Yay! They have a great color selection which makes it really easy to find a match. I'd say the coverage is ok. Probably sheer - medium at best, even in the "Flawless Feline" finish but it is buildable and I like that this doesn't look chalky or powdery. All in all I'd say that although this is not my HG in MMU I do think it is one of the better formulas out there that I've tried (especially for those with sensitive skin) and I really like that it gives pretty good coverage with minimal ingredients.This is one I would definitely use/buy it again.

on 4/22/2012 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wowzz this give pretty pretty amazing coverage and the color selection superb! finally a brand that gives soo many yellow tone options! ive only been using the samples but i will def buy the larger size when i finish. not a perfect color match but i can get the lighter and darker shade and mix them together :D