December 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Moist Wear Chiffon

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was an ok lipstick
Light pearly baby pink lipstick with lots of shimmer
It applies pretty sheer and it contains many shimmers
I don't love this colour on me, although it looks nice under a red lipgloss
It can look nice with the right combination of products
It gives a very frosty finish if worn alone
Not a bad lipstick but the colour is a little disappointing on medium-tan skin tones

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by blondi26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great shimmery lipstick. It looks more like a lipgloss when its on. The color is like a baby pink with a hint of purple, and like i said its very shimmery.
The bad thing about this is that it is not very pigmented for a lipstick, but it is amazing as a lipgloss.
I personally LOVE this product. :))

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very frosty, almost metallic. Well, it IS metallic. Not very much pigmentation. Someone below said they liked the smell, so I'm not sure if I got a defective one because it smells terrible.
Goes on fairly smooth, I'm not a lipstick person but this is okay. I bought it because my friend had it and it look really nice on her, so maybe I'll just give it to her instead. Swatching it, it looks like a gorgeous pink, on the lips it's just this shimmering frost.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by smileee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm pleasantly surprised. Picked this up because it was 99 cents and I thought.. hey why not? It's very frost beware. I pair it was a darker gloss.. the elf liquid lipsticks work well. I also found the elfs gloss in pink kiss and then this over it looks nice. be careful not to overdo it though it is VERY frosty and pigmented- especially for the price. It doesn't dry out my lips and I like the smell.
I would repurchase if I needed too.. but I'm not much of a lipstick person so I have a feeling this one will last me. However, I do like it. Good for the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful light baby pink. However it's an invitation to Shimmer City. My lips looked so frosty and sheer, and the shimmer only emphasizes the cracks and wrinkle lines.

*However,* if you can't use it as lipstick, then you can certainly use it as a highlighter or as an eye shadow base. It works great either way. It would be a beautiful highlighter against tan, dark skin or for people with warm undertones.

But as a regular lipstick, this formula is insanely drying. I highly recommend wearing some sort of moisturizer underneath this such as chap stick, Vaseline, lip balm, etc.

Would I buy this again? If not for the shimmer, I would. I look horrid in shimmery lipsticks. I'll be using the remaining tube as a highlighter, nothing more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color on me when I'm doing the nude lip. Doesn't have a bad taste like most cheap lipsticks. Moisturizing and stays on pretty well. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by hliiivue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I accidentally picked this up when I went out to get this lipstick in Petal. I guess somebody switched it up with this lipstick and I was stupid enough not to doublecheck (which I thought I did).
Anyhow, I hate this lipstick. It's sheer and frosty. You don't even notice the pink-ish color the actual lipstick looks like which is quite sadddd. Just more frost than pink. BUT, if you like this..and you like a sheer, almost glossy look, than this is for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by inkedxmama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For being a dollar, this is not a bad product. Is it the best lipstick out there? No, but it's only a dollar so obviously it's not going to be the best quality. I don't like wearing this applied to bare lips, however, if I use it on top of my Laura Gellar Lip Spackle the color looks a lot better and the Lip Spackle also allows for longer staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bmfirkus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everyone seems to hate on this product because it isn't an opaque color. It seems, to me, like almost a sheer, long-wear gloss. If you wear another cheap shimmery baby pink over this, such as Wet N Wild Lip Gloss in Cherish, you get a real, deep, frosty pink.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT AN OPAQUE COLOR:

First apply white to lips (liner, cream, etc.) Then, set with powder. THEN apply this lipstick and you'll get an opaque shimmery baby pink that will pair up famously with a smokey/dramatic eye look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Eww this feels so gross on your lips. It was only 99 cents, but I look at it as 99 cents wasted that could of gone towards something else. It is a frosty pink that smells horrible. I would not buy this again that is for sure.