December 22, 2014 | 1447 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best deodorant! I have the pomegranate scent, the smell is okay but it's so light I can barely notice and it dries within a few minutes. It actually works better on me than the other big brands that have aluminum as their active ingredient! Overall, I love the product because it actually works! It's nice to know that natural can work! Plus, it doesn't leave a yucky film like some of the other natural deodorants. Might try the unscented next time but I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by linthalaa

This is, for me, the best choice you can do if you want a natural and perfectly working deodorant. Prevent the odor, not the sweat, wich is really more healthier.

If you want buy it on www.iherb.com for a good price, you can have a $5 discount for your first order if you use the code LOP784 at checkout.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many natural deodorant products, and most of them (I'm looking at you, Tom's) have irritated my armpits pretty badly. This one was an exception. Unfortunately, this didn't work much better than if I didn't wear anything at all. Maybe I wasn't using it properly (I would put it on before I got dressed, not necessarily right after showering). Now I use the stick form, always after showering, and it works wonderfully! I think the stick is just a stronger formula and although is a little more annoying to use, seems to work much more effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by morgwild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the stick version initially, but was not a fan. But I love the roll on version! No streaks, no bad chemicals, no issues, etc. I have the pomegranate version, and I LOVE the smell. Admittedly, I do re-apply a few times throughout the day, but I live in AZ...so that's life if you're not using an anti-perspiration.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kinkykoolaidqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't get totally smelly with this so that's a plus. But it irritated my armpits pretty badly. I had red streaks, patches of dry skin, and several days of embarrassing digging under my arms to stop the itch. Not terribly attractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by FoxyHolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Crystal essense deodorant roll-on, chamomile and green tea 2.5 fl oz

I have always used clinical strength deodorants in the past, as I am really self conscious about body odor. My standby deodorant was Dove Clinical, which was working fine for me, but I hated the high amount of chemicals that I was slathering on my skin every day. After reading reviews on tons of different products, I finally decided to try Crystal essense with Chamomile and green tea, because the reviews were mostly positive and because it is insanely cheap (on amazon) in comparison to the others I was considering.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, I am loving it! The smell is fresh and light, so it does not interfere with the scent of perfume or lotions. It dries completely clear and without *any* residue, which means that you can pull on a black sweater hastily without getting the dreaded "white lines" all over it.

As with any natural deodorant, it's not an antipersperant, so I do notice that I sweat more now than when I used a combination deoderant/antipersperant; however, it's honestly not that much more. Most of the time I am pretty dry, and I live in the high desert of California. And, even when I do sweat, it's totally odorless! It does take a little while to dry, and it is way more effective if it dries completely before putting clothes over it. When I do have to rush and throw clothes on right after putting on the deodorant, it is still pretty effective, and I haven't noticed any sort of staining on my clothes from it.

Provided that I apply it properly and let it dry completely, this deodorant keeps me fresh all day! I may need to re-apply in the evening, especially If I'm going to be hitting the gym after work; however, this deodorant has completely exceeded my expectations! If it continues to work the way it has been, I would totally buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does NOT work. I tried this for over a month and had SO many embarrassing moments. There were times I couldn't face people I was so embarrassed. I think I smell worse with this than with nothing on. The other problem - this IS aluminum, and when wet it IS small enough to penetrate your skin --- so why use this? it's no safer than normal antiperspirants. you can check out the facts on the website called Chemical of the Day, where Stephanie, a chemist explains how this breaks down into small alumnium ions.

I am now using Jason Tea Tree roll on deodorant, and it works very well (for a natural deodorant that's not an antiperspirant, that is).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, Im surprised by the bad reviews. I have serious sweating problem due to my PCOS: the hormone fluctations have me reapplying deodorant every 4 hours where I can no longer where white or colorful tops for past 6 years because I always have rings around my arms....so embarrasing and a decrease in life quality..Im afraid to buy outfits due to problem... And I use the strongest deodorant on the market (mitchum 25% Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate while others are 15-20% dont work for me, tried drysol, tried certain dry, tried secret clinical, and other prescription brands to no avail.) Anyway long story short, I have tried many natural deodorants in the past with major failed attempts, the only one I like so far is this one Crystal Roll on in Pomegranate scent. I only wear this one time a day, and I seem to not sweat so much. My underarms are no longer coated and gummy, and shaving is a breeze. I am in love w/ my underarms now just like the dove commericals on tv. This is a great life change for me. I still sweat but not profusely where I would get rings.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried and liked the Crystal Spray Deodorant, but the roll on isn't very good. First you have to squeeze the container to get it to come out the it's very messy to apply. It also doesn't last all day.. I could start smelling myself a lot of times :/ I don't remember having that problem with the spray verison. I would buy the Crystal spray again but not the roll on...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the bum on the side, but this didn't work for me. Besides it taking AGES to dry, I went thru it a lot faster than the rock version AND it didn't last. I'm no stranger to natural deordorants, and while I've found a few that work at first before stopping for whatever reason (like the rock version of this), this one didn't work at all. I got a scented one (maybe that's why?), patchouli, me thinks, and I liked the scent but since it didn't work I stopped using it after a few weeks.