John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze in Brilliant Brunette

3.5

Water, Propylene Carbonate, Alcohol Denat., PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Oleyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Methylcloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Pearl Powder

I have dark medium brown, flat hair naturally, and I dye it a medium/light brown and put in golden highlights. I washed my hair, towel dried it and applied about three quarter size applications, diistributed it well and left it on for about 20 minutes. Worked exactly as I expected. It toned down the brassy color my hair turns when it needs to be recolored. So far I really like this!

I have medium-to-dark brown hair with a few grays,which has a tendency to turn brassy, and is very long/thick/wavy. I haven't had to color my hair in six months with use of this product! It really does extend the life of your hair color, and even gives some grey coverage, and the price can't be beat. It's not long lasting or dramatic, but I find that using it once or twice a week does make a difference - adds shine, prevents/corrects brassiness, and extends color life. It's a little messy to use - it's kind of gloopy and gets everywhere, and stains your hands temporarily, but that's nothing a little soap and water can't take care of... it's definitely a LOT cheaper and faster than a visit to the salon or an at-home hair-coloring session, so I think it is worth it 100%.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is now one of my favorite hair products, and I use it almost every time I shampoo.

It pretty much lives up to the claims on the label, giving hair a satiny feel and a lot more shine. With repeated use it even provides some gray coverage.

I use a loving care type hair color that doesn't cover all my resistant gray very well (but looks natural and does no harm). This glaze boosts the coverage and extends the life of each touch up by a week or two -- so it is worth the bother for me.

As the label indicates, the results improve with repeated use.

I leave it on for 6-10 minutes, while I'm washing the rest of me, and that may be why my results are better than some others have had.

My hair tends to be coarse and dull, and it is moderately damaged. No other product I've used has made my hair really shine. I've gotten compliments since starting to use this glaze.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this, it does add shine to my hair, but not amazing amounts. You also have to wash your hands immediately, or it will stain. It gives an extra boost of shine, but I don't think it's a miracle product

Didn't do anything for me besides stain my shower curtain and tub. Texuture is absolutely horrible and hard to rinse, didn't do anything for my hair.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really like this glaze. It gives me just an oomph of color and makes my hair all shiny and bright looking. I totally agree with the reviewer below me...this is not a totally change your hair color treatment...it gives shine and helps make dull hair look better

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I recently purchased a bottle of the John Freida Luminous Glaze for espresso to chestnut hair types....I think its really good! For those that complain about this product failing to color your hair or change the color of your highlights, please read the packaging. It clearly states " this is NOT a permanent hair color, and WILL NOT lift for lighten hair color". It's a hair glaze! If your looking for dramatic color difference, then just go color your hair! A hair glaze is meant to just amp up your natural hair when it looks dull and gives a little shine. Its not there to work miracles . The hint of color does not mean your hair will change colors dramatically, its just designed to give boost to the already brown hair you have. You will see a difference when your in the sun, the hair appears more vibrant, but if your inside your hair looks the same. I have used this 3 times so far, it has made my hair soft, it smells pretty good (like a salon) and yes it does stain, but not that much, just wash off with soap right after you apply, its not a big deal. I am excited to see more results as i continue to use this product. I recommend this product to those that just want to add a boost to their natural brunette hair, but i don't recommend to those that are expecting their hair to completely change colors. Hope this review helps :)

I'm very nervous about coloring my hair -- it tends to be dry, and I don't want to commit to a permanent color -- so I decided to take a baby step with this glaze. I applied it, rinsed, and my brown hair was -- wait for it -- still brown! The shine, what little I could see, didn't last but for a couple of days. All it did was stain my shower liner. I should note that I also had a glaze done at a salon, and it didn't work much better. Maybe my wavy hair isn't meant to be shiny, but there's no reason to waste my time in the bathroom with this bottle of gunk and get nothing out of it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really liked *most* everything about this product, the bottle makes for easy application, the smell is pretty good for a color, the added dimension that it gave my hair was great. The shade took on a deep auburn in my hair that already has a natural deep red undertone, not sure if it would do that on other base colors though. The problem for me lay in how VERY DRYING this was for my already Winter dry hair. I am guessing that this is an issue with the citric acid that this contains? At any rate, while the color is nice.... I would never rebuy, even @ the $4 Big Lots price. I greatly prefer Wella Color Charm demi colors for even more brilliant results and Color Charm actually makes my hair feel NICER!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love all the other products in the Brilliant Brunette collection, except this one. I just don't feel like it does that good of a job for the price. It is also very messy and it made my hair pretty greasy. I think if you use the rest of the products, especially the moisture one, it does a fine job. This is not vital, just okay.