December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

I've been really into powder foundations lately because I always get shiny a couple of hours after I first put on my makeup and I read a lot of good things about mark powder buff.
Well, it's not bad at all and very similar to NYX Twin Cake in quality and coverage (and also in that neither one keeps me matte)
This is not as good or luxurious as my favorite Merle Norman Luxiva powder foundation, but better oil control-wise then Shiseido Sun Protection powder compact. The coverage is medium and the color BUFF is pretty good for NC27
Good, not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Rkhan715

I really like this. I am a nc 25 in studiofix liquid and a nc30 in the pressed powder. I got buff, which is a good match. It covers well, similar to the studiofix powder but just slightly less. The staying power is okay but if you put on HD powder, it will last about 4-6 hours depending on your skin type. Its a good alternative to the MAC powder...and it matches my very yellow yet light skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like to use this on "no makeup" days when I don't feel like using my regular foundation. I usually have a hard time finding face products light enough for my very pale skin (about NC15), but the lightest shade of this matches very well. As far as powder foundation goes, this is the best I've tried, even better than all the high-end powders I've tried (which is MANY!). The coverage is really good and covers light scars and blemishes well, but can get cakey if you apply too much. I normally use this on "good skin days" and buff a very light layer on. The result is fresh-looking, even skin.
EDIT: Deducted a lippy because this irritates my skin and breaks me out if I wear it for more than 2 days in a row. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by polalola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this. i used to be a mark rep. and bought this a while back i didnt like it at first it made my skin flaky by my tzone... then recently i ran out of my foundation so i tried this one with extra moisturizer and it amazing i also have macs studio fix its a good sub. for it. sure studio fix oes on slightly smooth but for half the price its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was attracted to the product because I read a few reviews that compared it to Mac Studio Fix. I was in the market for a new foundation, and while I have been very happy with powder mineral makeup for the past several years, I am getting very tired of cleaning my counter top and makeup bag constantly. I like the concept of having a pressed powder that would hopefully be less messy.

My local Avon lady helped me pick out the shade, Nude. It's a very close match to my slightly yellow skin. For the first few days, I applied it with the included sponge, which results in a pretty heavy application. It does build very nicely without looking too fake, but I didn't want to look so made up for work. Instead, I used a very loose foundation brush and found that I like the finish a little better. It looked more natural, and covered just as well but without getting really heavy. I do have a lot of acne scarring, and often times fresh pimples that need covering... I have needed concealer to make the large fresh marks disappear but it works well without additional concealer over the wasteland of my cheeks where I'm speckled with light scars.

I'm not one for touch-ups during the day, so if my makeup doesn't last, I am SOL. So far, it has lasted well enough though the day that I haven't had to re-touch before going out for a casual evening. My added natural oil actually seems to improve the texture of the foundation and it looks far more like my actual skin.

What I don't like: The texture is REALLY matte. I prefer a little bit of sheen because I feel like it gives a more realistic look. Overly matte foundations just seem to make me look older and too done-up. I've been experimenting with my Claudalie spray and silk powder to try to give it a little more life.

Overall, I'm much happier with this than I was with EveryDay Minerals or Lumiere (my last two foundations) and I anticipate that Mark and I will be having a long relationship. ;)

UPDATE: The matte-ness of the foundation just wasn't doing it for me -- I just couldn't stand the fact that it made my skin look somewhat aged. That's fine for a teenager (the line's target market) but not what I'm looking for. I switched to a Bobbi Brown product after using this Mark product for over 3 years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by fabulousxdiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I use it to set my liquid foundation. It's not cakey at all. It's perfect! I have also used it by itself as a powder foundation and it gives really great coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent powder. It's marketed as a powder foundation but I used it to top my foundation. I still have a ton left, but stopped using it and have moved on to MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder.

First off, let me just say that the packaging SUCKS. It is a really thick and bulky compact, but that wouldn't have bothered me so much except it BROKE within a week of usage, and I didn't drop it or handle it roughly, the hinge just completely broke off in two spots, making it impossible for me to carry around on the go.

A good thing is that you really get alot of product for the price. Since the pan flips over, you can really see that you get quite a bit, Plus, it's only like 10 bucks. So it's economically good.

I find that this powder runs on the orange side. Plus, it has talc and mica, which are known to irritate acne. I noticed that the mica caused the powder to have an artificially shimmery effect in natural light...not so attractive, since it hi lights pores. It does have pretty good coverage though. Except it doesn't layer well and ends up looking cakey. It doesn't keep you matte long, either.

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase. A decent product, not the best for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about NC37-NC40 and got this in Honey which is a perfect match. It goes on smooth with a flat powder brush. However, this powder is not long wearing on me. I have break through shine within 30 minutes. To save the FOTD, I actually put MUFE HD powder over it to give this powder a longer life but still got oily within 4 hours. Im going to try a different primer with this powder to see if it stays on my face. Im bummed that it works for everyone else. I may keep the powder to use around the house, or running weekend errands near home, definitely dont want to be caught dead with a oily face outside of that radius.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely could not live without this product. My routine is concealer on target areas, then mousse foundation, then this amazing powder. It's got great coverage, not oily at all - my skin is normal to dry side, so it's perfect after applying my foundation. The packaging is simple, and the price is fantastic - only 10$! So worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by semisweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never thought about buying mark stuff but I was at my university bookstore and saw the little Mark stand...of course I was drawn towards it lol, and had to try something. I usually wear estee lauder double wear liquid or powder, but those are $36 and this is $8!

my routine today was:
smashbox photofinish light + mac select cover up nc35 + mark powder buff foundation in natural and i was really pleased! at first i thought the coverage wouldnt be that great, but i used the sponge it came w/ and it actually covered post acne scars, though some were a little visible. Did not look cakey or powdery on my oily skin. I blot with palladio rice papers and I really didn't feel like i was wearing a lot of makeup... great for summer. Looked good in the hash school-bathroom lighting. Also it comes with a huge mirror too. So glad i made this random purchase :)

p.s. Compared to L'oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation, I like this better. Its less chalky/ blends better and I can press it better onto areas i need more coverage. Also much less messy.