Boots no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

on 7/22/2012 8:31:00 AM

This is nothing special, just look at the ingredients. I used it for a long time but it wasn't really doing anything rather than make my skin feel soft. There are far better serums out there, olay regenerist for one.I remember when this came out, you couldn't get it in boots because testing at Manchester university said this actually worked.It's the retinol in it that's supposed to do the trick. However lots of products contain retinol.What boots didn't tell you however, was that they PAID man university to do the survey. Says it all really.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the opinion of so many other reviewers: this product works better as a primer than actually as an anti-aging serum. It has a powdery hint on its lotion texture that makes it suitable for helping make-up to set on your skin and does also a good job on evening the complexion, but honestly, after almost two months of use, I don't notice like that my thin expression lines are somehow erased. The packaging - a frosted glass bottle with pump dispenser - is handy and elegantly designed, which increases the value of the purchase and makes it last for longer.
As I got the bottle I'm currently using for free on a pharmacy campaign, I have no reasons to regret using it, but I'm not sure I'd pay 30 for a so-called anti-aging product that shows no visible improvement in that purpose. Still, it is nice, light and mild for the skin, so there's no reason for not using the one I already have.

on 7/13/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I consider this stuff a primer with extra benefits. Its full of silicones so that's how it smooths out the skin but its got the benefits of antioxidants that other more expensive primers don't have. I like that it give you a choice of buying it in a glass bottle or the little squeeze bottle which I prefer because it takes up less room.

on 4/15/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this 6 weeks ago, my skin is smooth and silky. I use it every morning, my make up sets very well. I did have severe acne scars from my teens however, after using this product, my scars reduce every week and its very noticeable. This product is not good if you have spots. do not put this product on spots because it aggrovates the spots. But do use it when your sport are clearing away and use it on scars. It is expensive, but i got mine half the price on ebay, same product. not bothered about packaging. I use it everyday and from 6 weeks ago, i have over half left. I wouldn't use the pump because you can never use the very last bit, I used th tube. I can't wait to see what my results are after a year. Hopefully I wont get lines and wrinkles after starting to use this product in my 20's. Good Luck and hope this helped. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Holy silicones, Batman!

I wouldn't use this just as a serum because the silicones just sit on my face. However, it makes a great primer for makeup and really helps to set it.

So for me it doesn't work for what it is meant to do- silicones prevent the good stuff from sinking in- but it does make a nice smooth primer, so three lippies.

If you have young skin and don't really need a serum per se, this can't hurt and would probably be a good first serum. But my 34 year old skin can't see it helping too much either.

on 4/2/2012 4:24:00 PM

Broke me out horribly. I've tried to use this multiple times over several months and within hours my skin is itchy; after a few more hours I'll have clusters of spots without fail. I'm not even particularly prone to spots. A real shame as their day cream is a staple. It does get a lippy for the lovely elegant packaging and the smooth feeling of the serum, which (credit where credit's due) sank in quickly, smelt lovely and so on.

Love this product!!!
I pour a tad bit of my Colorstay liquid foundation in my hand and 1 pump of this ...dab dab dab to mix and then I rub the combo gently all over my face. Wow, works like a charm! Makes the Colorstay that generally drys so quickly turn into pure goodness!! Gotta try it! BF compliments me every time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out =(. I gave it two months and every time I tried to use this product I would break out into cystic zits.

on 1/29/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is by far one of the Best Serums i've ever tryed. and i've tryed alot of serums.. I never Would of thought that Target Would carry High Quality products.. it's amazing Helps to Minimize Wrinkles and pores as well is Hypo allergenic and fabulous!!! I love it!!

on 1/2/2012 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the tube version.
Well, the product doesn't do anything for me besides a bit of moisturising and mattifying nicely. And i don't have puffy eyes anymore upon waking up, but that's probably thanks to not drinking a lot of liquids anymore before i go to sleep.
Left me indifferent, really.

Popular Treatments (Face)