Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

3.1

Talc, Mica, Nylon 12, Amino Butyric Acid, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Dehydroacetate Acid, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I have used this product for over a month now and really enjoy it! I am not big on wearing anything too heavy so I generally stick to the translucent powders; of all the drugstore brands that I have tried this one is definitely the lightest and most smoothing. I just apply it with my kabuki brush (the one included is total garbage!) after a thin coat of my Vitamin E Moisturizing Oil and it says all day while still letting my skin breath.

I will say that if you are looking for complete coverage, this is NOT that product! But if you just need a little something smoothing to deal with shine and want a bit SPF without the weight, this could work for you too!

As far as the "Anti-Wrinkle" part, (I am only 23) I can't really say much either way.

I wouldn't say that this is the absolute best product out there but for the price I am willing to compromise.

on 11/10/2009 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the CoverToxTen 50 face powder in Translucent Light. The powder worked well with my foundation and the end result was a nice smooth finish. However, not long after applying the face powder, I started experiencing a BURNING sensation on my skin. It subsided after a while but I thought this was very unusual. I waited a few days and tried the face powder again. The same burning sensation occurred. Call me hard-headed but I really wanted this product to work so I bought a different foundation to try it with. Again, I experienced "the burn." After 4 - 5 attempts (yes, I kept trying) to make this face powder work, I am giving up. Something in the product does not agree with my skin... :-(

on 10/28/2009 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Huge disappointment. Normally, PF powders provide enough coverage to act as a powder foundation, but this was an exception. The powder is very finely milled, and Transluctant Medium was a close match to my skin. The shades run neutral, which suited my fair/warm skin better than most drugstore foundations. I didn't have any oxidation wearing this, however, it doesn't provide much coverage. I applied with my EcoTools kabuki, and although it smoothed my skin out and "softened" blemishes and scars, it didn't completely hide them. You can dab some extra powder on spots and it works like a concealer, but if you don't blend enough you'll see the spots. It has almost no staying power, which is my biggest problem with this powder. I worked a six hour shift tonight and had to completely reapply halfway through my workday. That doesn't sit well with me, since I hate reapplying my makeup. Overall I wouldn't buy this again. I might recommend this if you're using the matching foundation/concealer, but on it's own it's garbage.

on 8/22/2009 2:03:00 PM

I picked this up at CVS in medium translucent, which was the only color they had. Oddly enough, it works very well over my foundation (NC20 for reference). I apply with a kabuki and touch up with a retractable kabuki. For me, it definitely reduces the appearance of all my fine lines and it smoothes my skin's texture, so the finish is pretty much flawless. Although matte, it gives me a little glow (possibly because it imparts more color than my usual setting/blotting powder which is invisible (LG).
I have no idea if it "relaxes" wrinkles or if it provides any long term benefits. I can say, however, that it holds up very well and, yes, after 9 hours it still looks good. It certainly doesn't sink into my lines and large pores or get cakey.
I'm a total sucker for multi-purpose beauty products, especially makeup that combines "treatment." So, I spent $10 on this d/s brand. I will probably buy it again because I love the finish, durability, and the fact that this is *very* finely milled for a d/s powder.
It's a nice everyday powder for setting, blotting, and to wear as a light foundation. As I said, I'm a sucker for multi-purpose makeup. I think the box it comes in is cheesy with its fakey before and afters, but the compact itself is nicely designed imo. Use your own brushes, though. The one it comes with is trash. One lippie off for the cheesy and misleading hype on the box..

on 2/11/2009 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this powder actually looks nice on my face. of course, all the marketing is bs, but a little bit of this evens skin tone and still looks natural. found it at cvs 75% off and even bought 1 for my mother.
packaging, as always with pf, not the best. but if you ignore a horrible little broom they a brush - the product itself is quite workable.
looks good over foundation, sunscreen, tinted moisturizer or bare face. good for touch-ups too.

on 12/7/2008 9:58:00 AM

"How can a powder be wrinkle therapy?" I wondered. I wasnt in the market for wrinkle therapy, but I was looking for a powder to wear on those days I was too lazy to put on foundation. This promised good, buildable coverage without clogging pores...sounded good to me! I must say it delivered. The color goes on smooth, covers just enough to look even, and stays on. I was pleasantly surprised. Good buy!!

on 7/16/2008 7:00:00 PM

I bougth this on a whim, and while I truly do not believe that the GABA or Vitamin C in powder form could possibly do anything to reduce wrinkles.....that said I like the way this powder evens out everthing. It is very mattifying for me. It actually looks better on my bare skin that over my current makeup which is Carmindy's new stuff.
I may buy this again.

on 5/17/2008 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This powder is really awful. It has literally no coverage, not even a tiny bit. Sure it took down the shine, but that's it. It looked like I applied a thin layer of finely milled rice powder. The other problem is that after an hour or 2 the powder turned 2 shades darker and orange. I replaced the brush with a sponge, and after use, the sponge turned orange too! I returned it and will continue my search.
I'm also going to ignore any claims it has to help wrinkles....Look at the box carefully, there's an asterisk after the claim. Apparently the wrinkle claim only applies if you use the corresponding liquid foundation with it. Booo...

on 4/21/2008 3:12:00 PM

Packaging: Ugly, cheap black packaging with "CoverToxTen50 blah blah blah" stamped right on the front in bold black letters. Definitely cheap looking! I thought twice before I bought it, but gave in because the product may be worth the bad packaging...the brush I got rid of immediately; it's stiff and scratchy. I use either a nice fluffy powder brush or a flocked sponge/puff instead. And let's not even go there in regards to the fake-infomercial "before and after" pictures plastered all over the box.

Application: Powder seems finely milled and not obvious when applied, this is good. But the ingredients in this made my skin burn a bit and itch...skin reddened up slightly upon application but discomfort subsided a bit. Powder, even dusted on oh-so-lightly, feels dry and uncomfortable on my face. Lines do appear somewhat dimished, but they're disguised, not "relaxed" or gotten rid of. The claims on the packaging are crap. See cosmeticscop.com for the deal on this GABA ingredient fluff, which is supposed to "relax facial muscles." It will creep you out and make you think twice before putting this on your face. Average in appearance, it's a decent looking face powder, but I'm almost too scared to continue using it, since my face feels so unnatural with it on, and the initial reaction my skin has to it makes me certain that it can't be good.

Keeps shine down rather well, as I said, pretty average face powder. Colors seem natural, at least when applied sheerly, as a setting powder or to dust over the tzone oilies.

I'm considering returning this. I wouldn't waste your bucks on powder that could very easily cause irritation or some sort of reaction on you, it's expensive for a drugstore brand, and I feel silly for having given in to my curiosity for its outlandish claims to diminish wrinkles. I'm 24, but I have fine lines so I WAS interested. There are more effective powders available.

on 2/26/2008 4:53:00 PM

I hate myself for purchasing this powder and believing what the packaging claimed was going to happen to my skin in ten minutes. (Yes, ten minutes). Oh well. This is a very light powder that gives little to no coverage and is best used to set foundation. Contains GABA to relax facial muscles and vitamin C. Does nothing for my skin. Contains paraben preservatives. The packaging itself is nice, with an enclosed mirror and brush. The brush is better used for bronzer than powder IMO.