August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this powder actually looks nice on my face. of course, all the marketing is bs, but a little bit of this evens skin tone and still looks natural. found it at cvs 75% off and even bought 1 for my mother.
packaging, as always with pf, not the best. but if you ignore a horrible little broom they a brush - the product itself is quite workable.
looks good over foundation, sunscreen, tinted moisturizer or bare face. good for touch-ups too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by robinb63

"How can a powder be wrinkle therapy?" I wondered. I wasnt in the market for wrinkle therapy, but I was looking for a powder to wear on those days I was too lazy to put on foundation. This promised good, buildable coverage without clogging pores...sounded good to me! I must say it delivered. The color goes on smooth, covers just enough to look even, and stays on. I was pleasantly surprised. Good buy!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

I bougth this on a whim, and while I truly do not believe that the GABA or Vitamin C in powder form could possibly do anything to reduce wrinkles.....that said I like the way this powder evens out everthing. It is very mattifying for me. It actually looks better on my bare skin that over my current makeup which is Carmindy's new stuff.
I may buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is really awful. It has literally no coverage, not even a tiny bit. Sure it took down the shine, but that's it. It looked like I applied a thin layer of finely milled rice powder. The other problem is that after an hour or 2 the powder turned 2 shades darker and orange. I replaced the brush with a sponge, and after use, the sponge turned orange too! I returned it and will continue my search.
I'm also going to ignore any claims it has to help wrinkles....Look at the box carefully, there's an asterisk after the claim. Apparently the wrinkle claim only applies if you use the corresponding liquid foundation with it. Booo...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

Packaging: Ugly, cheap black packaging with "CoverToxTen50 blah blah blah" stamped right on the front in bold black letters. Definitely cheap looking! I thought twice before I bought it, but gave in because the product may be worth the bad packaging...the brush I got rid of immediately; it's stiff and scratchy. I use either a nice fluffy powder brush or a flocked sponge/puff instead. And let's not even go there in regards to the fake-infomercial "before and after" pictures plastered all over the box.

Application: Powder seems finely milled and not obvious when applied, this is good. But the ingredients in this made my skin burn a bit and itch...skin reddened up slightly upon application but discomfort subsided a bit. Powder, even dusted on oh-so-lightly, feels dry and uncomfortable on my face. Lines do appear somewhat dimished, but they're disguised, not "relaxed" or gotten rid of. The claims on the packaging are crap. See cosmeticscop.com for the deal on this GABA ingredient fluff, which is supposed to "relax facial muscles." It will creep you out and make you think twice before putting this on your face. Average in appearance, it's a decent looking face powder, but I'm almost too scared to continue using it, since my face feels so unnatural with it on, and the initial reaction my skin has to it makes me certain that it can't be good.

Keeps shine down rather well, as I said, pretty average face powder. Colors seem natural, at least when applied sheerly, as a setting powder or to dust over the tzone oilies.

I'm considering returning this. I wouldn't waste your bucks on powder that could very easily cause irritation or some sort of reaction on you, it's expensive for a drugstore brand, and I feel silly for having given in to my curiosity for its outlandish claims to diminish wrinkles. I'm 24, but I have fine lines so I WAS interested. There are more effective powders available.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate myself for purchasing this powder and believing what the packaging claimed was going to happen to my skin in ten minutes. (Yes, ten minutes). Oh well. This is a very light powder that gives little to no coverage and is best used to set foundation. Contains GABA to relax facial muscles and vitamin C. Does nothing for my skin. Contains paraben preservatives. The packaging itself is nice, with an enclosed mirror and brush. The brush is better used for bronzer than powder IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by boret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I alternate between this and the PF talc-free mineral pressed powder. I love that it is so finely milled (Italian talc) and whatever is in it does smooth my fine lines and soften my skin (I only hope it's not the equivalent of meat tenderizer!).
I use it in place of foundation on well-moisturized and sunscreened skin and it gives me decent light coverage (exactly what I want for an everyday makeup look).
Okay, the packaging is ugly, and there aren't many shades to choose from. I suppose I lucked out, since I can use either one of the translucent shades (fair in winter, light in summer), and just use a highlighter or brightener to give me some added color.
If there's a shade that works for you I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by xrayme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a few of these for free..I wont say how! But I have three of them in the lightest shade. I am only 22 and have no wrinkles or lines (I always wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun) It is a great finish to my foundation, and it makes my skin so soft and smooth. I just love the softness! I don't think it would work miracles on wrinkles, but who cares its a great finishing powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ctrout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this product. Just turned 50 this year, and although my skin is in really good shape (always stayed out of the sun and good genes from Mom), the powder is very finely milled and if used quite sparingly with a good brush, adds a very nice finished look. I don't have a lot of wrinkles so I can't speak to the wrinkle-therapy thing. I think on the whole that the powder deflects light so that wrinkles don't appear so obvious.

I don't have to reapply. Once in the morning does it.

I am VERY fair (glow-in-the-dark), so this powder works well with my skin. If you have a deeper skin tone or larger pores, I don't think this product is for you.

Also, immediately after application, my skin itches for about 2-3 minutes. Then, it's fine. I'm not sure which of the ingredients is causing this. Initially, that really bothered me, but since it goes away so quickly, I can live with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by GrauFrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, but having given it several chances, I'm calling it quits. It sucks all the moisture out of my skin, makes my face itch, and then turns orange after an hour. At first, I thought it was my skin's fault and set this aside and worked on improving my skin (clearing up the breakout areas and smoothing out the dry patches). Then I decided to drag it back out and give it another shot. Well, putting it on my now almost perfect skin, it still does all those nasty things. Add to that the ridiculous claims about topical GABA and the horrible, clunky packaging and it equals one of my worst d/s purchases.