August 31, 2014 | 951 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the makeup removers I have tried, the MAC Gently Off is my favorite, and the one I always come back to. I have used it for 6 years continuously, and find that while the product is expensive, even with everyday use the bottle lasts a few good months. The bottle itself is pretty irritating since they re-vamped the opening, but this creates an opportunity to waste less product, which is nice in the long run. It does a wonderful job of removing even the most waterproof of mascaras and doesn't irritate my skin in any way. One of the only things from MAC that I have purchased everytime it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mellyanne29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

While this product is on the expensive side and the packaging sux, this is the only remover that removes my MAC waterproof eyeliner with ease. I usually transfer the liquid to a pump bottle from Sephora to avoid the hassle of unscrewing the cap everytime I need to use it (which is every night).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by EuphoricMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally bought this to use as a lip makeup remover, which it does decently well. I just soak a cottonball with it and gently swipe over my lips a few times. It doesn't take it all off in one swipe, which I don't really have a problem with. Better than my previous method of vigorously rubbing at my lips with water, then trying to take off the excess with a dry tissue. Depending on how much I had on, this was a very time-consuming and almost inefficient process, since I could never take it all off. With this, I just do a couple of swipes, then rinse with water.

As an eye makeup remover, it also works pretty well, however, it burned my eyes slightly, so I won't be using this for that purpose.

I will continue buying this unless I find something better. I don't know much about lip makeup removal yet, and there doesn't seem to be a lot on it. Also, I see that Clinique has a similar product, and is $0.50 cheaper ($17.50 USD as opposed to $18 USD)! ;D Overall, a good product unless I find a better and cheaper alternative to removing lip makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by aglitz915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It does the one thing I need it to do, and that is remove my heavy eye makeup. Yes, it's oily-- that's why it so effectively breaks down my mascara. It takes eye liner and eyeshadow off in a breeze and also does a good job of removing mascara. I wear a lot of mascara and this is the most gentle of other brands of remover I've tried (Almay, Clinique, Neutragena) and the most effective. I still have to work to get it off but this is the best I've had thus far. I don't mind that you have to shake for it to emulsify (I mean that's really not an inconvenience..to me) and a bottle does last me a long time. I've probably had one since November (6 months almost) so the price isn't that large of a drawback to me bc it's effective. For reference, I use either Smashbox or MAC Prep&Prime eyelash primer, CG LB to seperate lashes and finish with MAC zl in zoom black so this is some heavy duty stuff that doesn't irritate my eyes in the least bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by priatna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product stings your eye especially when you have to clean the fluidline. The cap is difficult to open and you shouldn't forget to shake it well first. I will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good eye makeup remover. I tend to have trouble getting my mascara off, even though I don't use waterproof. I asked the SA at MAC for something that would take it off but still be gentle, and she recommended Gently Off. You do have to shake to combine the two parts of the remover, but it leaves at most a light oily feeling on your eye area. It's really effective- if I'm wearing a lot of makeup I'll press the cotton to my eye for a couple seconds, and then the makeup will come right off. It's even taken off false eyelash glue! The downsides are that it's a little expensive for the size of the bottle- I feel like it's comparable to Clinique Take the Day Off, but the bottle is bigger for the Clinique, for the same price. Also, the bottle has one of those cap things that keeps the remover from gushing out, but the bottle is also rigid so you can't squeeze it. That means you only get a little at a time, so you have to tap it against the cotton to get more out. On the plus side, the cap is very secure and won't leak. Since it's so effective, I will probably buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I had some problems taking my fluidline off and the MUA at the MAC counter recommended this make up remover to me. I have almost used an entire bottle of this stuff, but I had to stop using it, because it started to burn on my eyelids like crazy. However, this is not the only reason why I would not repurchase this. This product did not remove my fluidline any better than cheap make up removers do and while using this I have found absolutely nothing to justify its high price.I do like the packaging though, the cap really prevents spillage, so that's a plus. This product also leaves an oily film on the skin after using it, but that was not a big problem for me, as I always use a cleanser after removing my eye make up anyway.
Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by JordysBeautySpot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes this product is oily. Yes this product is expensive. Yes it is a hassle to unscrew the cap and yes it is messy. However, it does remove my makeup without any trouble and i guess that is the main thing. I dont feel the need to scrub and the oiliness soon fades or i just go straight into my skincare routine. I will be repurchasing for sure because i go through this like toilet paper!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by bellalizamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover is awesome. It removes makeup easily, I need little of it and I don't need to add pressure. I use a wet cotton pad to remove the oily residue if I don't wash my face right after removing my makeup. It smells nice too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jasumiso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was told that this would remove my waterproof make up but when it comes to liquid eye liner all it seems to do is smudge it all over my eye to the point that I look like a raccoon! Alse feels really greasy afterwards. Would never buy again!