Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this and tried it out for the first time yesterday, and I have to say I was very pleased.
I have very oily skin and my makeup usually is just ridiculously shiny. I have tried matte finish foundations but they never really were a true matte finish, but this definitely is. Also I am very fair skinned (lighter than NC10) and it is hard for me to find my shade in foundation. This was an insanely amazing skin match that didn't oxidize ( that's a first for me, usually the pink undertones turn orange )

PROS:
Actually came in my shade and didn't oxidize
Didn't get oily and stayed matte
Didn't break my face out at all :) !

CONS:
I would NOT recommend to anyone with dry skin or dry patches at all, it will make them very obvious
Kind of expensive, I payed $36 for my bottle I think and you get about an ounce of product, which isn't a lot. I personally think it is worth it though.

on 3/29/2015 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

im not sure what was going on with my face the last time I used this stuff but I'm in love with it now. it evens out my skin nicely without feeling heavy tho it's definitely only medium coverage - some of the pink in my cheeks still shows thru but a lot of hyperpigmentation from old acne becomes considerably less conspicuous after application. I think you could build the coverage with a second layer after letting the first dry, but i use concealer and I dont mind some pink showin thru. also - I find that this stuff applied most evenly with fingertips, while a sponge just smeared the product around. I typically use a pea-sized amount to cover my whole face.

I normally use pixi's flawless vitamin veil but I constantly have to touch it up with powder. it's literally a nightmare to use and the only reason I bought it was because it was the only thing at a drugstore/grocery store I could find that matched my skin tone. I have since given up and MUFE has won me over completely, and never again will I go anywhere but sephora/ulta/the internet to purchase foundation. the mat velvet lasts forever and doesn't get oily at all; i wore it for a good 5-6 hours yesterday at an amusement park. it lasted thru sweating, being repeatedly exposed to misters/splashes of water, etc. it didnt look identical to the way it did upon first being applied, but considering I didn't even touch up with powder, it looked damn good for what it'd been through. and (not that I'm especially prone to getting dry patches) I never noticed this stuff really cling to any parts of my face in particular. I would imagine using a moisturizer beforehand would eliminate any issues of it sticking to especially dry spots.

sadly i will not repurchase as I now know that MUFE is not 100% cruelty-free. :( if anybody knows of any CF foundation lines that have similar performance and/or shade selections, please don't hesistate to let me know!

on 3/22/2015 9:32:00 PM

I got a sample from Sephora after being matched with their Color IQ. I got about 10 days' worth of wear out of the small sample that they gave me. I absolutely love this foundation.

I have combination skin, my nose gets really oily and most foundations just melt right off after about 2-3 hours. This one does NOT. I do have to blot off the oil every 3 hours or so, but the foundation stays put.

I also have vitiligo around my eyes and mouth and a lot of redness on my cheeks, and this one cover and evens out everything beautifully. I find it easy to blend, it does not look cakey, and a little bit goes a long way. It's not drying and does not settle into the fine lines. I even use it to conceal dark veins under my eyes.

I will definitely buy the full size

on 3/18/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had never purchased any of makeup forever products, and let me tell you this product impressed me. I really didn't expect much considering most of the foundations I use make me oily, but this foundation didn't....it kept my bronzer in place And didn't make me an oily mess. If you have oily skin I recommend it, if you have dry skin might not be for you.

on 3/2/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So far, this is the only foundation capable of covering my extremely red oily cheeks. It gives a fuller coverage-probably the fullest I've ever seen but it doesn't feel incredibly heavy. To address the patchiness issue, as long as I properly moisturize and prime, I don't have any problems. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the shade I initially tried (45) oxidized horribly. I switched to a 40 which finishes beautifully. I would recommend sampling this for a week or so before deciding if it's right for you.

on 2/27/2015 3:16:00 PM

This product is amazing!! Extreme coverage- a little goes a very long way. Price is a downside, but totally worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this foundation but now, in winter, it is drying my skin out and making me look like a reptile. My face is a mess. I'm literally going to go to the bathroom here at work, take all of this off and replace it with Too Faced Cocoa Powder foundation that I keep in my drawer. Second time it's happened, that's two times too many.

And the thing is, I don't have dry skin. I'm terribly oily, but this foundation has had a very visibly detrimental effect on my skin.

on 2/11/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the way this foundation applies. I use my beauty blender to dab it all over my face and the coverage is medium-full (I use the MUFE full coverage concealer for my worst hyperpigmentation spots), and looks quite natural while still blurring imperfections. Unfortunately, however, this formula doesn't stay matte on my face for very long. My nose gets shiny after just a few hours even with setting powder. It also transfers very easily; I always notice streaks after I scratch an itch or just gently touch it to move hair out my face. It's quite pricey as well, especially considering how much product I use each day to cover my entire face. A pro, though, is that it hasn't broken out my extremely acne-prone skin at all and thus I will finish the bottle (shouldn't take me long) before trying something new. Bottom line is that if you are oily-skinned and need your foundation to last all day, I wouldn't count on this to do the job.

on 2/10/2015 9:46:00 AM

This is a really good foundation if you're looking for something to make your skin appear flawless, cover everything and stay on. However I find it too heavy to wear regularly and for the matte finish it gives, I don't find it controls oil very well. There are definitely pros & cons to it.

Pros
1. Full coverage
2. Very long lasting
3. Looks amazing in photos
4. Packaging is perfect

Cons
1. Feels heavy
2. Not great for oil control
3. Expensive

I like it for special occasions, but I don't think it's worth the price.

on 2/9/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great foundation for oily skin and I suffer from oily dehydrated skin and this doesn't emphasize dry patches, lasts a good time on the skin and doesn't get patchy at all.