BeneFit Cosmetics 10 [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics 10 [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

on 5/22/2011 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like the bronzer in this product, it works well with my skin tone and contours my cheeks nicely. However I don't like the highlighter, it barely shows on my skin which is a shame because when I swatched at the counter it looked really pretty but it doesn't do the job on my face.
I don't like the brush it comes with, if you sweep it down the middle of the two then onto your face it will streak and not look good at all. So I threw that away and used my own brush but because the box is so small I find it difficult to get the right amount of product onto my brush and covering my brush.
I hate the packaging, the cardboard box gets really tatty over time and if you ever spilled any water over it then you'd probably have to decant the whole thing.
Thumbs up for the bronzer, big thumbs down for everything else.

on 5/11/2011 6:34:00 AM

Im loving this product! I like the duo tone of it, makes it simple and easy to bronze and highlight your face in a short amount of time. However this cost me 130 bucks in my country :/ the most expensive cosmetic I've ever bought. Plus the packaging was simple and so is the brush, I don't get how a box of powder can cost this much..

on 4/30/2011 4:23:00 PM

I got it by swapping but I must say that I wouldn't buy It by myself. I was looking for something more shimmery and this is just glitter. I wear it mostly at night because I'm afraid of looking like a christmas tree in the sun. The 2 shades are good, especially the highlighter. The bronzer looks a little bit "dirty" on my skin but still ok. The packaging is lovely but I think the product is not worth the high price. The brush it comes with is also not that great. Still looking for something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

THis is my staple blush. I just looooove it. It highlights and bronzes! It goes on smooth, and never cakes. I love the light shimmer to it. I would DIE without this blush, well not die, but I wouldn't look so good :) I backstock this product. Even if i'm not running low, I but one every time I swing by the counter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! I'm in love with this, and that's saying something. In the past I haven't really been too blown away with BeneFit's boxed powders, although that changed when I received CORALista. I purchased this figuring I could give it a shot and see, since I really liked the concept. I'm so happy I did!

For a little background, I am NC-20/Some Kind-a Gorgeous Lite (at least now, in the winter/early spring). I usually don't like to use the included brush, but for this, it's perfect. I simply swipe it ONCE, just straight down or straight up - never back and forth, because that takes WAY too much product - and then swipe it on my cheek with the bronze part down. Wow! I can't stop saying it! It looks phenomenal.

Yes, it DOES leave a line, but what I do is after I apply it, I buff it out with a kabuki, and it looks flawless. So don't be afraid to experiment with the brush! I was skeptical to use it but it really does work well with just some buffing after. I will say that it is harder to use this brush on other areas of the face, like the temples, etc, because of the slim rectangular shape. For that I dip an angled brush in and lightly sweep, again just once, for the perfect color. It never, ever leaves me orange or too dark, or looking "done up." It just looks radiant, glowy, and "wow, that girl has killer cheekbones!" I must say I already have rather prominent cheekbones so maybe that's why it's even more defined on me, but I could see someone trying to sculpt them with this and looking flawless. I'm sure it'll even look great in the summertime with a nice tan as it is very easy to build up.

Overall, I am so happy my expectations were blown away. I really love this product, and when (not if!) I run out, I will definitely repurchase. I do love this packaging, but I never carry any of my boxed blushes with me in my makeup bag, so the cardboard packaging always stays really nice. For $28USD it's a steal!

on 3/30/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this and was like: "it's dandelion and hoola" I love the blush...but I already own dandelion and hoola. It's going of the swaplist because it is a duplicate of what I own. If you love benefit this is a great way of getting your hands on 2 of there blush items.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this. I was reading some reviews and trying to decide which bronzer to get, and this one caught my eye. I like the Benefit Hoola, but I wanted something softer with shimmer. I love how you just sweep the brush and you get the highlighter on the top and the bronzer on the bottom. When you apply it, you get the perfect contoured look. This is so easy to look, and my cheeks look amazing with this on. This is pricy, which is why I gave it a 5 for the price being expensive. All Benefit products are pricy though. I'm happy with this product and glad I purchased. I also tried the Dallas and Coralista (I have them in the Benefit Powderazzi set along with Holla), and I like those as well. I find that these powders go on with more pigmentation if you use the little brush that comes with it rather than a traditional blush brush.

on 3/14/2011 11:42:00 PM

Like another reviewer said, this product works for me when I use a slanted blush brush instead of the brush that is included because the shape leaves a line that does not look natural. As a fair to medium-skinned girl, I use it to contour and it adds definition. I love this product but the box packaging does not last against my big bag of stuff so I leave it at home and use it before I leave the house and I cannot reapply even though there's no need. I'd definitely prefer a compact plastic or metal container so I can take it to go. Other than that, another great product by BeneFit!

on 2/16/2011 11:53:00 PM

I bought this duo about 3 months ago, and I must say, it's great as long as you don't use the brush it comes with!
The colors are really nice on my skin (fair with a bit of yellow undertones). I have had trouble before finding a bronzer that works on fair skin, they usually look way too dark or orange. This bronze color is more sheer, which is great, it gives just the right hint of color. The pink is also very sheer, more like an iridescent pinky pearl color and is great at highlighting.
The brush it comes with, is not good for what the product is made for. It's too narrow and leaves too much of an unnatural line. I use a small round blush brush and it works great. The trick is to make sure you don't have too much of the powder on the brush, and use a light hand when applying. I also like to slightly blend on my cheeks, so it's a little more natural looking. It really does a great job at adding a bit of color (especially for fair skin) and giving the appearance of definition. This is definitely something I'll be using for a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy this over and over again. I was introduced to this product years ago and still love it. It's a perfect combination of highlighting and contouring in such a quick step! GREAT for rushed mornings or adding a QUICK touch of shimmer and bronzer in the right places.

Popular Blush Products