December 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Pencil - Black

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

This eyeliner is dirt cheap but you get what you pay for. I've tried to use this as an everyday liner and it smudges like crazy! Within an hour, it creases and makes me look like someone has given me a black eye. I don't even use it on the waterline and the liner transfers everywhere. You get a ton of product but if I had to choose I'd rather go sans makeup. It's such a shame because the pencil is super soft and glides on easily. Plus it's a nice true black.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by piercingQuiet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybe if you're looking for something to finish your Halloween look, this should do it but definitely not for all day wear. Smudges too easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a cheap eyeliner. It's one of the worst that I have EVER used. It tugs at the skin, flakes and fades and just plain hurts to use because it tugs at the skin so bad. I would not buy this again unless I was seriously broke and had no alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well for how incredibly cheap this liner is its pretty dang great! i have bought & owned these WNW liners since i first started wearing makeup in 6th grade & its always been great so onto the review....
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
These liners are super cheap or dirt cheap as the ratings say..This huge liner will only cost you $1. You can find these in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, & Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. They have use to come in a cardboard packaging but have since been dwindling done since they have reformulated these for their Coloricon Pencils so ill review the older version which is the eyeliner in Black. The Coloricon pencil is also $1 & is a big improvement from this one. Def alot better but this is a pretty decent pencil & its super cheap
=SHADE FORMULA PERFORMANCE=
The older version is a bit harder than the new Coloricon pencils but they're not so hard that nothing shows up. Its def black, not super dark black. Its smooth not super smooth but it goes on decently. You may have to work a bit on the waterline & lashline. Its formula is pretty good & i use to use it everyday to line all around my eye. Its staying power is around a few hours, ill give it around 3 hrs on the water line which is pretty good and around 5 hrs on the lash lines before it starts fading. I hate to say bad things but id def suggest checking out the newer version since its far better. I do have this older pencil & do use it since its huge pencil & it does work. I like using it for my lower lash line since it stays put awhile esp if you top it with a powder shadow. Primer also helps.
=PACKAGING=
This pencil is sooo big & long. Its longer than most of my pencils (this one & the NYC pencils are so long so they stand out amongst other liners) You def get your moneys worth. It is a standard pencil with a kohl liner. It fits in standard pencil sharpeners so no special sharpener needed. It sharpens nicely, no stray wood pieces. I love how much you get for the price. It will last forever & ever. The logo/writing is in metallic writing. The pencil is colored in whatever shade the liner is. So you can tell which one you are grabbing. It has a see thru plastic lid that slides on & fits good. Its not loose or falling off. This pencil is great for slipping in the purse or makeup bags. I have had mine forever & never think ill get thru it.
Overall, this is a pretty great liner but i believe if you see this which i think they are slowly dwindling out of most stores, maybe you should pick up the new Coloricon liners since they are far better in formula & performance but i def like this & it was great. I like it- a standard pencil liner. Its more of a kohl liner. Its a bit harder than some but can def be blended for smoky eyes. I love the black even though its not the darkest black, its great for everyday. Overall a pretty great pencil liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At most, this liner cost a dollar! For a dollar, it's excellent. I dare to say that you get more than your dollar's worth with this little staple in the make up bag.

When I was broke, and had no money to go to the cosmetic counter, this little baby saved my life! I go through more eyeliner than starbucks go through coffee beans, so thank God for Wet 'n Wild!

Pros:
It's long. You get a lot of product with each liner
It's cheap.
Not exclusive to any drug store, so it's easy to find.
It does the job!

Cons:
It's a little hard, but when you heat it up a little bit, it's fine
It breaks when you sharpen it, but that's my experience with any pencil that's not expensive.
It tuggs the skin under your eyes a bit, but not so much that it's unbearable.

All in all, in a bind, financial or otherwise. This is one that I'll grab.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very smudgy. Also I found it to be extremely sticky/tacky, which is weird for an eyeliner. I'm thinking it's the high wax content ? It ends up going into my eyes and making them blurry - not good! The only way I think I could use this is as a base. Shadows would adhere to it pretty well I reckon.

You may like this is you're going for a smoked out 'slept in my make-up' look. I bought mine from Boots in the UK a couple years back. It's odd - I don't know what happened to the Wet 'n' Wild stands. Anyhoo, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by polyrhythm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first eyeliner, and I wanted to try out how I would look with eyeliner on. It doesn't break when I sharpen it, and it's really soft. However, it smudges so bad that I look like a panda. Even if I were to wipe off the smudges, it would re-smudge even a couple of hours after application.

In the end, I just gave it to a friend to use as a temporary brow pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for a dollar, and for a dollar it's much better than you would think. It was very easy to apply and gave the black charcoal look that I was looking for. The only downside was that it smudges very easily. I often find smudges on my eyelid shortly after applying it, however, if you want a smudged smokey eye, this pencil would definitely do the job!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok so I bought a ton of these on sale, $0.49. Really, really cheap. But moving on, this pencil is very very soft, which is a plus because the last thing u want is something hard tugging on your eyes. It gives quite a precise line too, I had the easiest time with winged eyeliner, which is something I struggle with. Given how easy it applies, it also fades very quickly. Not to mention, how badly this smudges. EEEK! I took a nap with this on...not good I know :\\, and awoke to eyeliner all over my lid and under my eyes...it was quite scary. This however, is not bad, because for some smokey looks and cut crease looks, its a must for your liner to easily smudge to get rid of any harsh lines. I think its a winner still, but not for precise eyeliner, because it won't last long. I love it nonetheless. The white one on the other hand is amazing, not just for the price, its just an amazing pencil, soft and pigmented, oh and so much product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, where is the love for this product? I got mine in a set at CVS... it came with a black one, a white one, a lipliner, an eyeshadow trio, and a gloss. I mostly bought for the shadows, because I already have my HG black liner. Well, I tried the black liner in the kit anyway... and it was good. Honestly, it's comparable to my favorite Sonia Kashuk pencil. It has a "thicker" consistency than most drugstore pencils, and I felt like it deposits a lot of color. It's very dense and creamy, but it doesn't skip or tug on my lash line. I worked for a 12 hour day wearing it, and it only faded a little (over primer)... and it didn't smear under my eyes at all. I haven't had any problems that others have had as far as the tip breaking. It actually feels quite sturdy to me. I also love the smudgeability of this. See, I like to smudge my eyeliner purposefully when I do a smoky eye. This blends really nicely when I use a q-tip... a nice true black. I have no complaints with it so far... and for less than a buck, it's definitely not bad to have as a back up in my stash.