October 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by marnie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good basic lotion for slightly dry skin. It is light, doesn't leave a greasy film and absorbs quickly. It's unfragranced (no fragrance added) but it has a light plastic smell I find unpleasant even though it fades when absorbed.
This is what Vaseline claims: "Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Body Lotion increases moisture reserves in your skin instantly, then fills in the gaps found in dry, damaged skin to lock moisture in all day, promoting the proper environment dry skin needs to repair itself."
I'm sure it increases moisture (don't know about instantly though) and locks in moisture. It doesn't really claim to do anything any moisturizer can do.
Price: £5.10 for 400 ml bottle at Boots
Ingredients: aqua, glycerin, petrolatum, stearic acid, glycol stearate, isopropyl isostearate, dimethicone, tapioca starch, glyceryl stearate, stearamide AMP, cetyl alcohol, triethanolamine, magnesium aluminum silicate, carbomer, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, CI 77891.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Although "unscented", like many before have said, it has a slight (though not unpleasant in my opinion) smell. I get rashes from most products (including Vaseline in the yellow bottle) but not this. This is a heavy product that works well in the chilly and dry Upper Midwest. My legs and upper arms get especially scaly during the winter, as does my fiance's, and we swear by this. I used to use Udderly Smooth, but found the scent somewhat unpleasant (kind of smells like a horse farm, for some reason). Not this - this is not super fragranced like most lotions. I love it, and will continue using and purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by HighVoltageKrissyO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product from head to toe everyday after my shower. Even on my face. It is unscented and hypoallergenic. I do have oily skin on my face, but a lot of times I read that skin not getting enough moisture could be the cause of oiliness. Regardless, I'd rather have oily, but moisturized skin, than end up looking like a dried out leather bag. Even my lady friends tell me I have the softest skin they've ever felt. I definately use this religiously.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion to take it to work with me, figuring that the price was good. I use it as a hand cream and I find it works pretty good if I use it right after washing my hands. It doesn't feel sticky and soaks it pretty quick. I just found that the smell isn't so pleasant, I bought the scented version. I will buy the unscented one next time around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Thena

When this was on sale, I bought this because it was cheap and unscented. I also have very dry skin in the winter so I thought this would be good. I have been using this only for the last month after showers at night. It keeps my skin moisturized til the morning and does a good job of it. Not the best, but you get what you pay for. I do like that it is unscented and nothing is scentfree, but this is fine with me as sometimes I don't like too many fragrances on me (what with skin lotion, hand lotion, perfumes sometimes). Compared to other Vaseline, products, I have only ever used the normal yellow "Dry Skin" one and I much prefer this one. Overall, a really decent moisturized that is good value especially since this brand often goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Isbl816

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My baby has very dry skin. He had it ever since he was born. We tried a variety of products… but nothing worked. And then, one fine day, we discovered Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion! It worked like a charm! It is a part of our daily lives now! Thank you for such a wonderful product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by pighoho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Fine ,I use in spring,

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would be a good basic inexpensive unscented body lotion but unfortunately it only filled one of the above criteria (inexpensive). First of all, even though it doesn't have added fragrance, it does have a distinct plasticky smell. Second of all, it leaves a sticky residue that needed a couple of rounds of heavy duty body scrub to get off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Love this lotion. Got this in the scented and unscented. I definitely prefer this in the unscented. The unscented still has a slight scent but its not bad at all. I mean nothing can be completely scentless right?

So this moisturizes very well. I have crazy dry scaly skin. I live in Buffalo NY right now and it gets crazy cold and dry here in the winter and then the heat inside. It drives my skin crazy! This saves it. Does it stay moisturized the whole day...I'm going to say no but I think you really need an oil for that. It does stay for moisturized for a long time.

This lotion is thicker and workers better than their other lotions. The consistency is kinda like lubriderm but without the price! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I Love this Product. I have dry and sensitive skin, and so far it has intensively rescued and preserved my skin, especially my legs after shaving. :) It's lasting me ages, and i've had it for a while now-which is a huge bonus, as it's a cheap product for it's size and results.
I have the pump version, which is pretty big in size (400ml) and is easy to use, you turn the top part and it locks the pump, so if you wanna put it in your luggage it wont leak easily.
It's also unfragranced, which works for me as i'm quite sensitive to smell and I can be fussy on the scent of moisturising products.
All in all, i'd purchase again.