Lancome Hydra Zen

3.6

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stereate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Paeonia Suffruticosa/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Eugenol, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silica, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polycaprolactone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Capryl Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Geraniol, Farnesol, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Dextran Sulfate, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

This moisturiser is ok. It keeps skin hydrated and does not cause any irritation.

The packaging is nice but the jar is impractical, and unhygienic.

I purchased several jars of this back when I was young and ignorant about other moisturisers in the market. I was always scared to try creams that were not department store brands becuase I feared they would ruin or irritate my skin. However, since discovering the cetaphil range, I refuse to pay such expensive prices for such little product.

on 8/8/2010 2:47:00 AM

this product was pretty okay on my skin, but i think cos i have young skin, it was very strong and made my skin break out a lot. i tried it when i was like... 13-14? i'm not sure if i should go back to it or not...

on 8/7/2010 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this moisturizer since 1999, in my opinion this is THE BEST moisturizer in the market, has a good smell and it plumps my fine lines. I can just put my makeup and it gets me a perfect skin, it never broke my skin. I tried a lot of products over the years, I used Clinique Different Moisturizer which has a weird drug smell, Triple Moisturizer which stings my eyes, Estee Lauder Resilience line, Moisture on Call, and I can attest that this moisturizer, together with Shiseido Benefiance, L'oreal Revitalift are the best moisturizers in the market. And compared to the other products, it has quality and good price.
UPDATE ON 11/19/2012- I think they changed the formula, it is not moisturizing as well as before. I've been using this products for so many years, now it is not working well anymore. I am going to search for something else.

on 6/7/2010 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

An excellent moisturizer that calms down and respects the skin. Beautiful packaging btw.

on 3/4/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through at least 4 jars of this stuff over the past 2 years because it's a great moisturizer. I use it only as a night cream because it is too oily for the day. Despite the slight greasy feeling it leaves, it doesn't make me break out. In the morning, my face feels soft, not tight at all. It has a heavy flower/powdery-scent, which some may find unpleasant.

on 2/24/2010 12:50:00 AM

This is the best Moisturiser ever! I am prone to breakouts as well as dry, flaky skin. This product seems to take care of both. It goes onto the skin smoothly and melts into the skin well leaving just the right amount of moisture left without being greasy. After using it for the first week I found that it really does calm my skin down and brightens my complexion. My skin feels hydrated and my pores are allowed to breath! Iíve been using it day and night for about 2 years now and I still love it! I use the night cream in the PM and the combination one for the AM. It works wonders over the top of serums; I use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. It smells very nice without being overpowering at all. I hope Lancome never stop making this wonderful product!! Well worth the large price tag!!!5/5

on 2/11/2010 10:46:00 PM

love the smell...love the texture...does its work as moisturizer... nothing else... and it doesnt work with a lot of serums...rubs off...

on 2/9/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff - liked the old version but really love this. Have been through several jars of it. My skin is seriously dehydrated but prone to blocked pores and blotchiness. This product is not oily but it's super moisturising. I think the ceramides really help the barrier function of my skin. Slathering my skin in heavy oily moisturisers just makes it look worse - make it super sensitive and revolting. It's calming and it's a great make up base. Can't give it 5/5 because it hasn't worked miracles on my fine lines - the day I find something that does that will be truly remarkable!
EDIT: Steer clear of the SPF version - it has alcohol denat as one of the main ingredients. Wondered why it made my skin sting and did not moisturise. Stick with the plain version, which is lovely.

on 1/7/2010 4:58:00 PM

This is a great high end moisturizer. It is a bit pricey but mine lasted for more than 6 months using it twice a day. It is very light and absorbs very quickly leaving my skin smooth and soft. It is not very oily and it didnt make my skin break out.

on 12/28/2009 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I remember first trying this a few years ago. I was leaving my job at Clinique and they made me a basket filled with items from each counter at the cosmetics department I worked in. One was the older version of Lancome's Hydra Zen night cream. I loved it, it was soothing, moisturizing and made my skin look and feel great. I felt really hydrated. Fast forward to 2 years later I was working where I am now still working, in a drug store boutique, and Lancome relaunched this product.

It has a pleasant scent and I use the all skin types version (it also comes in dry skin and there's a night cream which is for all skin types). The texture is great, it melts into my skin right away. It is a moisturizer for sensitive skin and it is very soothing and gives lasting hydration throughout the day. My HG.