Lancome Hydra Zen

3.5

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stereate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Paeonia Suffruticosa/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Eugenol, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Crithmum Maritimum/Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Silica, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polycaprolactone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 188, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Capryl Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Geraniol, Farnesol, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Dextran Sulfate, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible, horrible moisturizer for my sensitive skin!

Although it *is* moisturizing (without being greasy, which is great) on my normal/dry skin the moment I applied it my skin burned like crazy. Seriously, it even felt hot to the touch which isn't normal in me. The burning sensation went away after a while, however the fact that my skin reacted like this in the first place can't be good, imo even more so when the product claims to be soothing!

I must say I used this in the night and the day after my skin did look less dyhadrated and the dyhadration lines I had on my forehead and around the mouth disappeared.

My overall rating is 2 lippies, basically because HydraZen is definitely not suitable for "all skin types including sensitive types" as it claims. Especially since it has fragrance in it! It did NOT soothe my skin, rather it irritated it a bit. It is a nice moisturizer (hydrates well) but for the price I'd rather buy a Vichy, LRP or Avène moisturizer which is half the price and better in quality.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It doesnt seem to be absorbed but just covers the contour. When applied other product like makeup base, it forms the clusters and gets scattered outside the skin. So irritating and ruins the base to start make-up. Completely disappointing. Only pretty outside..try to apply other stuff on top of it, and u'll see what I mean..

Since I did not want to buy the full jar (50ml) in case I didn't like this, I got quite a sizable sample (15ml) free with another purchase from Lancome. With daily usage, morning and night, the 15ml jar has lasted well over a month and a half and I still have some product left in it. As it is hydrating you do not need to use a huge amount of this to get the job done. Considering this, the full version will be excellent value for money for me.

As well as leaving my dry skin feeling very moisturised, it did not irritate it which is lovely since I have sensitive skin. It does have quite a strong scent which I wasn't sure about at first but you do get used to it (in a good way!).

I will repurchase in future.

This moisturiser is ok. It keeps skin hydrated and does not cause any irritation.

The packaging is nice but the jar is impractical, and unhygienic.

I purchased several jars of this back when I was young and ignorant about other moisturisers in the market. I was always scared to try creams that were not department store brands becuase I feared they would ruin or irritate my skin. However, since discovering the cetaphil range, I refuse to pay such expensive prices for such little product.

this product was pretty okay on my skin, but i think cos i have young skin, it was very strong and made my skin break out a lot. i tried it when i was like... 13-14? i'm not sure if i should go back to it or not...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this moisturizer since 1999, in my opinion this is THE BEST moisturizer in the market, has a good smell and it plumps my fine lines. I can just put my makeup and it gets me a perfect skin, it never broke my skin. I tried a lot of products over the years, I used Clinique Different Moisturizer which has a weird drug smell, Triple Moisturizer which stings my eyes, Estee Lauder Resilience line, Moisture on Call, and I can attest that this moisturizer, together with Shiseido Benefiance, L'oreal Revitalift are the best moisturizers in the market. And compared to the other products, it has quality and good price.
UPDATE ON 11/19/2012- I think they changed the formula, it is not moisturizing as well as before. I've been using this products for so many years, now it is not working well anymore. I am going to search for something else.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

An excellent moisturizer that calms down and respects the skin. Beautiful packaging btw.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through at least 4 jars of this stuff over the past 2 years because it's a great moisturizer. I use it only as a night cream because it is too oily for the day. Despite the slight greasy feeling it leaves, it doesn't make me break out. In the morning, my face feels soft, not tight at all. It has a heavy flower/powdery-scent, which some may find unpleasant.

This is the best Moisturiser ever! I am prone to breakouts as well as dry, flaky skin. This product seems to take care of both. It goes onto the skin smoothly and melts into the skin well leaving just the right amount of moisture left without being greasy. After using it for the first week I found that it really does calm my skin down and brightens my complexion. My skin feels hydrated and my pores are allowed to breath! I’ve been using it day and night for about 2 years now and I still love it! I use the night cream in the PM and the combination one for the AM. It works wonders over the top of serums; I use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. It smells very nice without being overpowering at all. I hope Lancome never stop making this wonderful product!! Well worth the large price tag!!!5/5

love the smell...love the texture...does its work as moisturizer... nothing else... and it doesnt work with a lot of serums...rubs off...