July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Fragrance - Aquolina - Blue Sugar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

The opening is intensely sweet in a sticky, fruity, Bonne Bell lip gloss kinda way. The anise, coriander, and licorice notes add a hint of spiciness that slightly tempers the sugar, though it's a pretty straightforward fruity scent otherwise. I don't detect the ginger, patchouly, lavender or heliotrope notes. The dry-down reveals a somewhat generic oriental-type. It is an improvement but nothing to be rave over. There's tonka, caramel (not too sticky), vanilla, cedarwood--nice and something I might wear if I didn't have to deal with that awful opening. But it's still too sugary for me to imagine this on a man. The dry-down is inoffensive and pleasant, but the opening is incredibly cloying and over-the-top. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

a very interesting scent.. i love it a lot on my dh! it smells very manly, yet at the same time has a sweetness to it.
I can't wait to buy the full size for him!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from Italy with a help of another MUA'er friend (she cp'd me). It was for my son as one of his presents for his birthday. My son like it! it smell nice on him, I can smell sugar, vanilla, and a hint of musk and tobacco. Simple, lightly gourmand yet very interesting fragrance. The staying power is also good. I also like the cute blue bottle and the blue round box packaging. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Compared to Pink Sugar, this does smell manly. Compared to pretty much any other fragrance, though, it does not. Incredibly sweet (but not as sweet as Pink Sugar) there is a cedar note in Blue Sugar that gives it a slight bit of masculinity (if you can call it that). The initial spray is sweet, sugary-caramel, licorice-woodsy on me and dries down to a mapley-cedar (but if I think about it, I can smell the anise and patchouli). I love how this smells on me, but not as much as I love Pink Sugar, which is sweeter, fresher; more candy and less wood. I would love to smell this on a man but I doubt I ever will (although I can see this appealing to the fashion-conscious male who enjoys a good fitting argyle sweater over a crisp, collared, button-down shirt, and well-groomed hair and nails. The bottle would look good on his dresser.)

notes: Bergamot, Tangerine Leaves, Star Anise, Ginger, Licorice, Patchouli Leaves, Lavender, Heliotrope, Coriander, Caramel, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Tonka Bean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I think this would be good on a man, but I definitely don't consider it unisex.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rosehugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very suprised by blue sugar. I liked it at first sniff, and I decided to try a little on to see how it reacted to my skin. It smelled great at first, just like blue cotton candy, but after about 30 minutes it started giving me a horrible headache just like pink sugar. I would love it if I could convince my husband to wear blue sugar, but there is no way he would ever wear something so sweet. I really think aquolina should market this as a unisex fragrance, because it seems just as appealing to women as men. In fact, if you are women who has grown tired of pink sugar, I suggest you give it a try. Maybe it will work for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

Get yourself a box of Good 'n' Plenty. Now, set it on fire. Tah-dah!. . .Blue Sugar! Burnt sugar and licorice. This stuff is beyond foul on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by browneyedbecky

I bought this for my dh, but he thought it smelled great but was too sweet. I spritzed it on and voila! We both loved it -- on me! :) Complex and unisex, sweet but not cloying, nice lasting power and very reasonable price point. I'll enjoy this a lot in cooler weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ImCastingMagicMissiles

It took me a little while to figure out Blue Sugar. The first time I smelled it, it smelled like fall, like burning leaves, cinnamon, and acorns (yes, I'm aware none of these are actual notes). About a week later, when I wore it again, I definaty could detect greens, anise, woods, and tonka bean, which I had missed the first time around. It's sweet without smelling like syrup-coated-dead-flowers as many "womens" fragrances do. It has great lasting power as well, about 12 hours on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by mjschulte

Imagine sticking your nose into blue cotton candy. The smell of that is what I smell on my skin. I can't really pick out the individual notes on my skin, all I get is blue cotton candy. On my significant other, it's even sweeter. We both adore it, though he says it's too sweet on him and he'd prefer I wear it. I will buy this again (in a dupe).