October 24, 2014 | 1094 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by tw

What is up with this tube? It's huge! And weirdly shaped, which makes it hard to shove in my tiny bag. However, what's in it is very nice. I have this mascara in Ultra Black and it lives up to its name. It adds noticeable length and volume to my lashes and is very gentle. Actually, it might be too gentle. I have bad allergies and my eyes run a lot. I usually stick to waterproof/water-resistant mascaras, and this definitely isn't. I haven't had raccoon eyes, yet, so it gets points. But it does wash off frighteningly easily. It will take a few more uses to decide how it really holds up, but early impressions are good. I don't like the comb side of the brush - it just seems to glop mascara on rather than separating and thickening lashes. But the brush side is quite good. Lots of coverage fast without clumping.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by amessix

I actually really like this mascara. I am a diehard Full & Soft fan, but this came with a free eyeline (I actually wanted the eye liner more than the mascara!). I tried it this morning and was very impressed. It made my lashes look longer and much thicker, and they don't have that hard creepy feeling. The brush is like nothing I've ever seen before, but it gets the job done.

P.S. - I LOVE the eye liner pencil it came with (it's not listed on the review board). It comes with a little smudge tool on the end and a sharpener...all in one. Great for travel!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by kandaboersma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few mascaras I have tried that does not irritate my eyes. I tried it after seeing another member's pics/review and I have to say I do really like it.
It definitely makes my lashes look longer and fuller. My biggest issue with this mascara is that if I wear it all day and into the evening it does start to flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gonna have to remember to update this after wearing the mascara for a while. I just put it on a moment ago. Pros are that it doesn't clump until the fourth coat (I was just playing around today, so I really caked it on) and that you can easily do a natural look or a va-va-voom fake eyelashes look. Cons are that the brush takes a little getting used to, as does how thick the consistency is of the product. It provides a ton of volume, but not much by way of lengthening. Also, the tube is bulky and just plain ugly, if you care about that at all.

EDIT 3/9/08: Been wearing this mascara every day and, for the most part, love it. Two coats does the trick for the average day. I use three if I'm getting glammed up. However, my skin has been really dry this winter. It's usually pretty oily. When I was down in Southern California on business a couple weeks ago and my normal oiliness came back, my mascara didn't hold up. It wound up underneath my eyes very quickly every day. For now I'm still loving it, but once summer hits I have a feeling I'll be trying something new.

Another pro: This mascara washes off more easily than any other I've ever used. I am far too lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover, so that's key to me. Another con: It comes off so easily that it practically rinses off with water alone. I imagine once the weather gets more humid this will contribute to the raccoon-eye effect I experienced in So Cal.

Removing one lippie for the smudge factor.

EDIT 8/20/08: The tube lasted me until now, even with daily use. Added a lippie back on because the smudging problem turned out to be from a new eye cream. Once I switched back to my old stuff I stopped having any smudging issues, even through a much hotter and more humid summer than we usually get here. I picked up L'Oreal Voluminous a few days ago and am incredibly disappointed with it. The PF MW mascara is 1000x better at thickening.

Pics with 4 thick coats on and with no mascara at all:

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by halie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I like this mascara. I like the dual-sided brush, the price, and the fact that it's very easy to build up your lashes with several clump-free layers. Cons include minor flaking. This product, despite being labeled as sensitive, also very slightly irritates my eyes upon application. However, this wouldn't prevent me from purchasing this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gudewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very on the fence here...I am trying to give this a fair trial, but it does seem to irritate my eyes (most mascaras do for some reason). Application is tricky for me, as I think this stuff tends to be heavy/clumpy on the applicator. I always wipe my brush before applying and comb between layers, but it still wants to clump a bit.

However, the Ultra Black is REALLY black on me, and with some patience and care, it does seem to look pretty good when applied...maybe more dramatic than I'm used to, but not bad.

I'm not sure if I'd repurchase...right now, I'm leaning toward "no," but I might change my mind if my eyes adapt to it better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is mmy first day wearing this mascara and I will say this: usually after putting on eye makeup, my eyes are watery and bloodshot within an hour. So, far my eyes are still white and there is no irriatation which was my main reason for buying this. So, for those of u with reallllllly sensitive eyes like me, give it a try. The brush does feel cheap and the shape of tube isnt great, but the product itself is pretty good. Give it a try! I will post an update if my eyes take a turn for the worse today!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by luckyrose11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. I have long lashes and i just apply one coat to my lashes. It looks great. I dont have any problems with the mascara clumping. I think the design of the wand is great and makes a smooth application. i very happy with this product, but i'm willing to see if there is a better mascara out there for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the second PF mascara I've tried and its almost as crappy as the first. I think the wand is horrible. Even when you try to wipe the excess off on the rim you still get clumpy, heavy lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Cwolfe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this a while back used it once then tossed it aside. I've been trying other mascaras, but the one I've been using right now (Maybelline) seemed like it burned my eyes. So I figured I'd give this one another try. I love it. It feels so light and doesn't irritate my eyes. I also got this for free because I got the package with the rebate. I seen another reviewer didn't get their money back, but I had no problem getting my rebate.