July 29, 2014 | 1973 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Love Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by rachelle24

If you have curly hair, this product is great. My hair has never felt so soft...even with product! I have always struggled with the right shampoo and conditioner, this is it. The smell is ok, but could careless b/c of the end result.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tamron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the results, HATE the smell. it smells like something that's gone bad. the packaging isn't great either, the price isn't amazing but less than Fresh, which i love, and I actually think the results are better. If you can stomach the smell (truly, it smells like something that was once alive but died), it's an amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jstastny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Love Curl Enhancing Conditioner, a GH on my list. I have long, thick, somewhat coarse wavy to curly hair, and I have never had the "natural curly" results that I get with Davines. This conditioner leaves my hair soft and bouncy, never weighed down. I have actually gone to bed with it in my hair and woke up with it dried in, and then just styled accordingly. It still didn't weigh my hair down.

I use this with their curl shampoo and curl serum, and the combo is great. This is actually the first line of products where every product that I have purchased has delivered as promised. The cost is rather high for the entire line, but I have never wasted or left unused any of the products.

One thing I have discovered is that the "curl" line of Love also garners nice results if I dry and style my hair, but when I use the "smoothing" line and then go for the natural curly style (still using their curl serum), I don't get the same curly results.

Also worth mentioning here (until I write the review for the Dede leave-in spray conditioner) is that I think the line is presented as natural, but it really is not. My face is very sensitive to ingredients like paraben and lanolin, and I have switched all of my skin care/cosmetics to fully organic lines and have not encountered any of the irritations, milia, etc. since making that change more than a year ago. What I noticed with Davines, specifically with the Dede spray (which contains paraben), is that I sometimes end up with a "hot spot" irritation near the top of my cheek bone where my hair might brush against or lay on my face. Don't know if it's just when my hair is wet and touches...I haven't focused that intently on the cause/effect other than recognizing it is associated with the product. Just mentioning for those extremely sensitive. The results are good enough that I just try to be more aware when I am using it and as much as possible, keep my hair off of my face.

My final comment is on packaging. The products are packaged in very simple plastic containers, no fancy marketing, just clear plastic with a white label. I actually prefer this kind of packaging, especially when paying so much money, because I don't feel I am paying for fancy packaging...I (assume) I am simply paying for quality product. I hope that revenues can then be directed towards product development (eliminate the paraben someday), etc. rather than maintaining high overhead for unnecessary "elements". Hope this comes across the right way. I am not coming down on those who enjoy the presentation. I guess I just prefer a "Shaker" approach to certain things. Simple, quality and functional. Having said that, I agree that especially with the conditioner, the packaging can be a pain because you have to open the lid and scoop out the conditioner, make sure you click the lid back in place, etc. But I just got used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by akiko70

I have wavy fine hair that tends to be frizzy. I like this Shampoo & conditioner because it visibly smooths my hair and stays smooth in humidity. It also does not weigh your hair down. I have recommended it to many friends and all have fell in love. I have tried many products for fun, but none work as well and make my hair this soft. The packaging is a little weird to get used to, but is supposed to be eco friendly, so its a good trade off to me. I love Davines.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by disorderly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Davines shampoo and conditioner are miracle products and I would gladly be in advertising for them. I'm serious.

As a teenager, I really didn't know what products were working for me, or what I was even trying to attain. I didn't realize that my hair was seriously dried out. It was the type of hair that got stringy, frizzy and poofy at the bottom, and just looked terrible. I bought anti-frizz and moisture-locking products, but to no avail. I just thought my hair was sucky forever, and that thats how it was.

One day I decided to go to a stylist who actually knew what she was doing, who finally helped me realize what was going on–I needed genuine, lasting moisture in my hair, and I actually had natural curls that were being ruined by products that overdried. At the time I was using Garnier, so I started to experiment with the brands that the salon was selling. And I started to definitely understand why people were buying salon brands. But then I tried Davines.

I seriously cannot even explain how much better my hair has gotten, from THIS product specifically–not just its appearance, as in a fake surface-sheen or something, but my hair truly became smoother, better moisturized, it styled better, more consistently colored, everything you can imagine as far as hair characteristics was extraordinarily improved. It has been transformed, in every sense of the word. I had no idea my hair was capable of being healthy, shiny, and naturally-curly like that after a life of straw-headedness. My stylist was shocked too, and whenever I see her, I'm complimented. Whenever I also went to several other stylists (while in college, away from my main stylist at home) I was complimented. I've been told I can be a hair model.

As long as Davines is being made, I will buy it. I will eat Ramen and begin selling my things if it comes to it, in order to buy a $20 bottle of Davines shampoo or conditioner. Considering I'm able to make these bottles last.. no joke, 9 months, because you only need such a tiny amount.. It's really a bargain, considering its payback.

I cannot recommend this enough. If you are considering buying this, please do it. You'll see why.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by alenemccoy

I permed my fine, straight hair last year and this was absolutely the best conditioner for my permed hair that I found. When I used this my curls were their softest and bounciest. I still use it even though my perm is long gone, I still like my hair to curl under on the ends. Its just a good conditioner. The shampoo is good too, I found the combination of the two to be best (and I tried a lot of other things alone and in combination with this). The only thing I dont like is the tub container. I just would prefer a bottle or pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodHobbie

This review is for the Loves Smoothing Conditioner not Curling.

I have baby fine but tons of it hair and this conditioner has become my new saving grace. Definitely my HG now and I've tried them all from FF, Terax, Johnathan, Phyto, to drugstore brands and midend brands.

I love that the products are as eco conscious as possible and they make my hair feel amazing! My hair is naturally wavy but this conditioner combined with the matching shampoos has worked wonders on my hair. It really has made a difference and has allowed me to actually wash my hair less because my blow outs last so many days longer now then with any other poo and dish.
The smell is fantastic. It fades a bit during styling but leaves just enough lingering at the end to get you some major compliments.

The smaller bottles are a definite rip off so i get the salon liters of these. And yes the bottles are never filled to the top but trust me you are getting the same amount of product listed on the container.

This conditioner gives just the right amount of slip after rinsing which I love but definitely doesn't make my hair feel heavy at all. My hair is mid back length right now but the last time I went in for a haircut my stylist said I really didn't need one because my hair was actually in very very good condition, so I was able to wait a couple more months. I really think the Davines line had alot to do with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by smelliott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i have long, thick and dry hair and you name the conditioner - i've tried it: terax, kerastase, the entire frederic fekkai ouvre, komenuka bijinm, ojon, kiehl's, anything at fred segal, barney's and even some drugstore stuff... this is my favorite. was turned onto it at chris mcmillan in beverly hills and it replaced my fekkai regimine.

it smells great and doesn't linger in an overpowering way. not sure what the complaints about the packaging are..it isn't fancy, but it's easier to access in a tub and i'd rather save money on simple packaging than get my conditioner in a hoity toity bottle. also, i have gone through several large tubs of these as well as the smaller ones while traveling abroad and domestically with no problems. you would really have to seriously manhandle these to crack them?

it's also cheaper than any other nice conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did absolutely nothing. Oh sure, it made my ends sticky and smell bad. If that's there idea of controlling frizz, no thanks. Horrible cheap product. Very drying, smelled bad, poor packaging. I have nothing good to say about any of the Davines products I've tried. Unfortunately my salon has recently switched over to this line exclusively. I guess I'll be looking for a new stylist.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the conditioner for straight hair and boy am I surprised - because I don't like it at all! First, the smell really bothers me. Even after I switched to another conditioner, it still lingered in my hair for two washes. This is far too heavy for everyday use, I guess i could use it once a week, but again - I can't take that smell !!! I've put it away and will give another try when I run out of Phytojojoba shampoo and John Masters Citrus & Neroli detangler which I absolutely love. I'm giving this 2 lippies not 1 because I believe (and it is clear from other reviews) that it still can work for people with thicker hair.