April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - Plump Potion - Nude Potion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I, too, am kind of disappointed in this product. It really does make my lips fuller and plumper but I don't like the taste at all...which I would have put up with if that was my only issue. It just made my lips feel weird, like there was something literally on them or something was touching them, hard to explain but enough to give me the creeps. The color is a nice shimmery nude but the feeling is just a huge turn off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by paintedlikeadoll

OK first off - I'm disappointed because this stuff really does work - it makes my lips noticeably fatter - but it also makes them flush bright red. I don't like that - I don't want a crimson-colored pout, I just want plumper lips! It's the exact same problem I had with Too Faced Lip Injection - but maybe a bit less extreme. Too Faced made me look like a burn victim - I even had a red ring on the skin around my mouth - not too pretty. Well Plump Potion didn't do that, but it definitely made my lips blush violently. Too bad because the Nude color is really pretty - a frosty pink-nude shade - for about a minute or two. Then after my lips start plumping, you can't really see the color so much anymore. Instead of frosty nude, it looks, well - frosty reddish-pink. So I'm on the fence about whether to return it to Ulta or not. Other than that, it's got a lot going for it - a nice thick-but-not-too-sticky texture, plenty of pigment, pretty dramatic plumping effects, cute packaging. I don't really notice a revolting smell like some others reviewers have - maybe slightly medicinal scent, but not offensive to me in the least. I doubt if I would repurchase this. I better just stick to LipFusion - it's the only plumper I've found so far that doesn't irritate my lips but still works.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by texasflamingo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty shimmery nude color. I put it on, and a couple of minutes later looked in the mirror and could definitely see a noticeable difference. Nice and plumped up.

A few reviewers were complaining about the smell. It does have an odd smell, but I could only smell it when I very first put it on. It's not like you're smelling it all day. It's not that bad and definitely worth it. I will buy more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by eyecandy1126

This gloss is a great plumper (I got mine in Clear). It does burn/tingle a but but I don't mind at all. My sister said it felt like she had chapped lips and promptly wiped it off. To me, that just means its working, The smell is something I wouldnt have noticed unless I read these reviews :) But yes, it is a little weird..reminds me of shale rock...or something. It's also very sticky...but feels good on, I think. Compared to the Victorias Secret plumping lip gloss (which set me back 18 dollars) this is very good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this gloss! it is kinda thick, but its moisturizing and shiny,VERY long lasting for a lip gloss. it does smell a little odd but it wont stop me from slapping this gloss on! this color is a nice shiny cool pinkish nude and it feels luxurious on, like a department store gloss but its not! excellent quality for a drug store product. i always find good thing from physicians formula..i already bought this in 3 shades! i also recommend the plump potion mascara.. i wear the 2 together and it makes my eyes and lips super sexy!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by joannafthompson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really does work! I have tried Lip Fusion and Lip Venom and this works better than both of them. It is also much cheaper than the Lip Fusion. It does have an odd smell as mentioned by the other reviewers, but not bad enough to keep me from using it.
I was surprised at how well this works. When applied it gives your lips a pinkish flush and extra fullness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sdmiller

Yes, it smells. I think everyone agrees that this product has an unpleasant scent. I don't know the specific ingredient, but I used to have some tanning bed lotion that had a "tingle" ingredient that was supposed to increase blood circulation near the skin. I'm assuming this gloss contains either the same or a similar ingredient because the smell is spot-on and it does make my lips tingle.

IF you can deal with the smell ... the results are surprisingly fantastic. I own Nude and Clear and they really do produce results. It isn't super dramatic, but I feel an increase in circulation and my lips appear fuller and smooth. The fullness seems to wear away in about 45 minutes, but the shine and sheer color last much longer, making it a good product even if you don't get the plastic-surgery effects you expect. It gets a little sticky and gummy after a while, particularly if you are drinking or eating anything. But I say it is worth it for the results! The color selection and variety are all appealing. I think my next purchase will be testing the Pink because it appears to be similar to the Nude.

I haven't had any problems with my applicator yet, but I am also very meticulous about application and keeping my wands and brushes in good shape. This is definitely not something I throw on really fast ... I carefully paint the inside of my lips. I think it might actually irritate the skin around the lips if you happened to apply it in a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by akc5219

I love this lip gloss, but only as a gloss. I saw no plumping whatsoever. However, it did make my lips turn a dark pink color. The brush at the tip of the wand is a wreck. It is all smashed and frayed after only a few uses. The number one complaint about this product is that my hair sticks to it!! I have learned to only wear it when I have my hair pulled back. It is fabulous lip gloss that stays on forever though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by johnstom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The gloss itself is very smooth - and does deliver a plumping action with very minimal sting or tingle. Gloss does not get everywhere, either, as the packaging does a very good job of keeping everything clean. Great color in the nude.

BUT THE SMELL IS AWFUL. I am pregnant and perhaps that's why, but it smells like charcoal or tar. I actually think twice before putting it on every time, knowing how horrible it smells.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous, like a champagne-nude, but I could not stand the burning sensation that lasted over a minute. I don't think there's really any unique plumping properties, either. Just about any gloss will give you a pout. And the packaging is neat, but too big and cumbersome to use everyday.