September 2, 2014 | 1813 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Multi Active Night Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by carmenp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it last autumn based on the reviews here and the fact that I love the Special Eye Balm from Clarins.
This one broke me out the first time I used it. Broke me out the second time. Gave it a third chance but my skin was furious by then and I just gave up using this... Definetely not for me. I still have it though. I may give it a chance in a few months if I don't give it away to my mother by then.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Flahh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, this review is for the new Multi Active Night Cream which has "Youth Recovery" added to the title. I bought it a few months ago as Saks was having a sale, which never happens with Clarins, so I stocked up. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find that it had changed! I'm a little annoyed as the salesperson never said it was a different product from the old one.

I think it's better than the old Multi-Active Night. It's just that little bit lighter, but just as moisturising. I did look younger in the morning.

However - pet peeve: they have taken away the usual multi-active scent, although the day cream still smells the same. The new smell of the Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery is much less pleasant than the old smell. It doesn't smell bad, exactly, but it smells detergenty, like cheap industrial dish soap. I love my products to have an aromatherapy quality, so this is a reason I would look for another night cream next time I buy.

I'm still annoyed that the change wasn't brought to my attention - I wasn't buying what I thought I was, and since the smell is important to me, I would have appreciated a chance to get something different. Now I'm stuck with it for months. It's very annoying when companies just change formulations like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Fitz801

My favorite night cream. Texture is a little heavier, smells pleasant, Hydrates and gives my skin a glow. When I wake up my skin looks fantastic. I've been using product for 8 months and am just about to finish my jar so the cost is pretty reasonable. I recommend this cream all the time, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this night cream! The scent is heavenly and the comfort cream is very rich and makes my skin feel great. I wake up looking refreshed and rested. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so the Multi Active Night Youth `Comfort` cream is for normal to dry skin. I love this cream, it smells like lilac, has a soft, not too thick texture. When I used it during the night, even though I didn`t have enough sleep, the next day like 3 people asked me why my skin looked sooo beautiful. I didn`t even apply a moisturizer in the morning, just washed my face quick with cold water and still, the cream had such great effect on my skin. No breakouts, no irritation. I like this a lot! :-) The `skin renewal serum` is also pretty good...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sigh. I want to like this product. I really really do because it does feel nice and has a good package design and lasts a good long while... but it gives me boulder sized pimples so needless to say I can't use it. At first I dove right in and used it every night and by night 3 I was getting this big deep painful zits on my forehead. I backed off to every other night and like clock work every other night I would get another big huge zit. Oy. It was making me pretty oily by the morning too. I'm also not a fan of the fragrance in this but I'm picky when it comes to that. This would probably be a good product for someone who has more normal balanced skin.
PROS: feels nice, packaging, lasts
CONS: made me break out, smelly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

this cream definetely moisturize my face and make it smooth very well.
but the thing is that as a night cream I don't see some extra effects except just moisturizing. so I have to use this with other anti-aging serum at night

definetely smooth texture and very working well as moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Normal to combination version used. The result, disappointing to say the least: congested pores and irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by pretty4me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Years back after having a hard time with Clinique I swore off department store skincare. Recently my skin has been a hormonal hot mess and my good old standby line just wasn't cutting it. After hearing great things about Clarins I figured why not. I'm almost 30 so I was looking for a good night cream that wouldn't break me out and would help stave off wrinkles. I bought the Multi-Active Night Cream and have been very pleased with the results. I apply every night and wake up to smooth, glowing skin. Never caused a blemish or irritated my skin. Also smells great and feels awesome upon application. Waiting to see if it keeps wrinkles at bay, hope it will!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Yes I would buy this product again. I used it with overnight serums from Kiehls and it made my skin softer, smoother and evened out any discolouration. Highly recommended.