April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by bornbackwards

My roots get greasy so fast- by the day after I've shampooed my hair. Batiste worked better on my hair then another dry shampoo that was almost $20. It actually soaks up the oil at the roots and adds a little volume which is great. You have to be careful though, with any dry shampoo, to not use too much product. The only thing though is the smell is very strong. It's not a bad smell- it kind of smells like fruity baby powder. but it would be better if it was less headache-inducing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using Suave and because of rave reviews I decided to try this. I am in love. This stuff does exactly what it says. I have the fresh scent one because it was the only one left lol. I want to try the others now. It does dry the oils up and gives me a clean feeling. I have very dark hair and it can get white but you need to runs your fingers through like it says. Don't know why people complain about it and don't do what it says. Don't complain about something if you aren't doing what it says.

Anyways, its easy to use and the smell disappears pretty quick. I have very very thick, wavy/curly, coarse, and long hair. This stuff is a godsend. I don't get that oily fast, but I can't wash my hair everyday, its damaging it and I have gone back to every other day again with this. NO itching or flaking. It's seriously like I washed it again. I ma pretty harsh with reviewing stuff and will be very critical if they don't do what they say, but this does all of it. Can't beat the price for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by htoronto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't even bother trying the other ones. I've tried a couple of drugstore dry shampoos + the Oscar Blandi one. This one is just as good as the Oscar Blandi one at a third of the price. The packaging is horrid but I would suggest trying the small one to start. A very, very good can't go wrong purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by contagiouscharm

I used to be a wash and style every day type of girl, afraid of my greasy second day hair. Then I bit the bullet and decided to buy some dry shampoo and try it. The whole time I was thinking "well my hair will still feel dirty and yucky, I cant live like that!"

I was wrong, so wrong. This stuff is amazing, a few spritzes to the oily parts, a little scalp massage to make sure it is all soaked in and BOOM! no more oilness and my hair feels light and clean again! I got the original scent first and no problem with that one works great. I go the one with a hint of color for blondes and I love love love that one even more, it has a wonderful clean perfumy scent which lingers just a bit, the original just dissapates after you spray it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is thick and tends to get a little oily at the scalp on the second day of not washing. As I do detest oily hair, I thought I'd pick up Batiste to extend between washes. I do think the product does a fantastic job in eradicating all the grease and produces what seems to be freshly washed hair with a bit of added volume. I have the version in "wild" which reminds me of a sweet yet floral baby powder scent.

Now, the pros aside, once I do apply this to my scalp I find that it gets a little itchy. Perhaps, I am sensitive to the product or to fragrances. I am generally a "no-fuss-get-up-and-go" type of girl. No perfume, no hairspray. Quick brush, throw my hair in a pony tail.

I do like this product but unfortunately for me, it has an annoying little con.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

Unfortunately I really disliked this product. I bought two different scents: original (green) and blush (pink) and maybe I should have tried some of the others, but when I smelled them at Ulta I felt that these two smelt the best (in my opinion). I get really oily roots, especially on the second day without washing my hair. To be honest when I spray this on my hair, it does get rid of the oiliness, but it makes my hair feel ridiculously dirty with an extremely gritty texture. When I tough my hair I dont want to feel as though I need to wash my hands. It is also hard to get rid of the grey/white powdery look. Also, the smell will linger all day, but I felt that this made my hair smell like old lady...im 19...no thanks--unless you find a smell that you like, it just bothered me.
(I did not spray too much in my hair, in fact, I start out with a tiny amount to test the product; I have tried this multiple times and each time disliked it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best dry shampoo!! I'm a blonde, so I normally buy the one for blondes and I'm super in love w/this dry shampoo! I've tried several other brands and was not satisfied until I found Batiste! It removes all of that gross oiliness w/out a problem, leaves my hair looking clean and actually adds some volume. The smell isn't bad either. Compared to the Dove dry shampoo, this one knocks it out of the park. Dove didn't do anything for my oily roots and smelt awful. I'm truly in love w/this product & highly recommend it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've tried most of the dry shampoos out there, and I'm not a huge fan of the Batiste. I have dark blonde hair, and the Batiste leaves a very noticeable whitish cast on my roots, unlike many of the other dry shampoos that I've tried. This stuff also makes my hair quite limp, and almost greasy-looking, which I've not experienced with other dry shampoos. I wouldn't purchase this again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by LucyLastName

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used the Dove dry shampoo and both of these have their pros and cons.
The one I purchased from Batiste is with the green/white stripes. That one smells terrible. It's not as overpowering as Dove, but the scent itself makes me gag. The good thing is that the powder mist is incredibly fine and silky. It's a lot "finer" than the dove one. They both work fine. For me, only for the first or second day after I wash my hair. The day after, it just gets to be too dirty. The reason I said I woudn't repurchase it is because of the scent. I would be willing to try another scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Katesxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awful for dry frizzy hair like my own! It just makes it dryer even when it is greasy it just completely drys out my hair! And it also makes your hair grey at first! I don't recommend unless you cannot wash your hair for some reason