November 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by birim

It is a product from heaven. It perfectly make the skin matte and gives you velvet finish. Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*singing* Lord I knoooowww I been changed!!! This is *amazing*. I have never found a powder/serum/lotion WHATEVER that mattifies as well as silk dust. I mix mine with Mint Color Corrector and layer it on as the first thing after my moisturizer. Then my EDM foundation, then finishing dust, then another light dusting of silk dust. Matte. All day. Amen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this powder a lot. It does a good job at mattifying and gives your make-up a "finished" look. I think I would get the tinted silk dust next time for just a touch of color. It does feel a little bit grainy but it doesn't bother me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this serves its purpose very well, except it doesn't quite give off that flawless airbrushed quality. it sucks up oil very well, mattifies, but nothing else. will last me forever i use it sparingly just on nose usually.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl156

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried all sorts of mineral foundations and powders. Each one, more annoying than the next. I actually had given up on them recently...that was until my mom gave me a sample of this powder. I love the way it made my skin look and feel. The best part...no itch!!! Everytime I used the Bare Escentuals products I would end up wiping most of it off towards the end of the day. It would start off ok, but as the day progressed my face would start to itch. I soon learned it was due to a certain mineral ( bismuth oxychloride ) that they used. I guess I'm one of the few who are allergic to it. Knock on wood...I haven't had any issues with any of the Everyday Mineral products. I love the fact that a little goes along way with this powder and infact with all of their products. The wide range of colors they offer, cheaper prices and great products make this one of my favorites!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing at oil control. I have tried various mattifying lotions and powders, but none of them ever made a difference in my skin. I have an oily t-zone about an hour after I wash my face. With a light application of EM Silk Dust under and/or over my EM foundation, I do not have to blot all day - this stuff is incredible. I can see why previous reviewers would say this looks cakey - you really have to apply it with a light hand and a quality brush. Do not "buff" this into your skin like you do the foundation, because it will give you a white wash. The only reason I gave this a 4 is because it does make me look a tiny bit lighter, and since my face is already lighter than my body, I do like want this effect. Next, I am trying Tinted Silk Dust because I don't think it will alter the color of my foundation. Great for the price. I use this with Intensive and Matte formulas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this before my EM foundation and then on top as well. I have found this to be remarkable in controlling oil. Normaly I have to blot every hour or so, but with this I only blot after about 8 hours, big yay!! Also this has reduced the appearance of my huge pores to look so smooth and flawless, bigger yay!! I read the other reviews about this being grainy, I wonder if the formulation was off on the jars they got as I found this to be super fine and silky. I love this stuff!! HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Really like it. Translucent, lightweight, easy to blend in, not too hard on the wallet.

I didn't have any problems with grittiness and can barely detect a sort of "organic" odor, not stinky at all.

I wear it both as a finishing powder over makeup and to lend a little bit of airbrushing on no-makeup days.

I do wish the containers wouldn't leak from the sifter into the lids everytime the jar jounces or tips, though.

ETA: for those for whom this is a concern, according to Everyday Minerals the silk dust is made from cocoons *after* the silkworms are allowed to hatch naturally. So, no grisly worm demises required.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by mizvanilla

Love it love it love it!!! This product beautifully sets my make-up and improve the look and feel of my skin. I bought the translucent silkdust and have just ordered the summer silk dust to keep me looking good all through the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkDagger

I love the silk dust. Because of my naturally oily skin, I often have to do a silk dust sandwich where I dust my face with silk dust after moisturizing, and then once more after applying my foundation. It sets my makeup nicely, and keeps me from looking like a greaseball by the 8th hour of wearing my makeup.