August 28, 2014 | 1126 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

I became interested in trying this blusher after seeing it on my sister, she has gorgeous pale skin, I'm quite pale but she is really pale. It made her look like a doll, she however advised me to go for Pink Swoon as it would probably show up better on my slightly darker skin (I'm still quite pale just with freckles and a stronger tendency to tan in summer).

Anyway, I tried Pink Swoon and that looks lovely especially when my skins a bit more sun kissed and freckly but I was still intrigued by Well Dressed after watching videos etc so I went ahead and got it a few months later, looking a lot more pale now as it is heading into autumn but still have my freckles.

I just tried it today and it looks gorgeous, I used two swipes with my brush on each cheek and it gives me a lovely natural pink glow, not too bright, so I can wear this for work college etc and apply quickly in the morning. I think this will be great when wearing dark makeup or/either a strong eye look or lip look.

I was worried while I was waiting for this to arrive that it may not show up on my skin and I would regret getting it but I love it (so far) and I can definitely see me using it a lot so no doubt will end up repurchasing it. I can see it being a great winter blusher for me. One thing I will add is that if you have large open pores you may want to use a good primer before using this as it has a silver sheen, not glittery but may attract attention to pores.

I'm an NW20 (MAC) with fair (medium in summer) skin brunette with looooooooots of freckles for reference.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by 1017

If every blush you try turns orange/ruddy/peach please keep reading. If so, so many blushes turn orange/ruddy on you, this may be the blush you have been waiting for. I always wondered why everything seemed to turn the same color on me. There were a few standouts. Royal Sunset was stunning when I was tan. Dame held on pretty well, but after a bit still skewed a bit ruddy, but no where to the ruddiness of Blushbaby. I am NW20 in most MAC products & N1 in F&B (tons of pink in my skin, but I do have golden undertones which is what low jacks all my blush options into turning orange/ruddy) with almost black hair, brown eyes.

First, WELL DRESED - It is the FIRST blush out of so, so, so many that is actually staying pink and giving me that soft ethereal, angel like, English rose look. It is staying pink, a soft pale pink. It is a satin finish. It is a white based blush (per the MUA who helped me). The white base is the key to what makes this work on me.

Second, MY BLUSH LESSON - what I learned about blushes & my skin tone: The very wonderful MUA who helped me pointed out what I mentioned in the first paragraph (about my golden tones pulling everything orange/ruddy), did not think this blush would work on me. We were both the same level of color, but she skewed a bit more yellow than me and was blonde & blue eyes vs. my almost black hair, dark eyes. At first she swayed me away from Well Dressed because it just didn't show up on her. But then when she saw how the other pinks were turning orange on me, she said let's try Well Dressed. Also, my darker features may impact how it looks on me as well vs her (her words). Wowser! I had Creme Cup lipstick on and plain, clean cheeks. She & I were astounded at how much better it looked on me than her...it did nothing for her. She said WD is a white based blush and that is what stops it from turning on me and staying true to color. My next best option is a blue based blush, but even the best of those will turn a touch ruddy after a bit (i.e. Dame). I love trips like this where you learn so much that can help you make future decisions. Lovely, lovely sales rep...lovely, lovely blush.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have NC30 skin and the color in the pan of every blush I try never accurately transfers to my skin. NC30 skin always seems to make all blushes look the same for some reason. I have peaches, corals and pinks and they all turn out coral on me, no matter how light or dark. I picked up well dressed because I had a Nordstrom coupon, so I only paid $2 for it. I had never owned a bluish pink before and had wondered how it would look on my cheeks. It is a lovely, natural flush of color. Makes me look very innocent. It is a light pink that I really adore. This would look so lovely on fair ladies too. You have to use a heavy hand with this or the blush won't show up. Even though I am addicted to the color and reach for this blush everyday, the blush fades after 4 hours. I don't know if it is just the color or my oily skin, it just doesn't last throughout the day for me. So if you're afraid the bluish undertones of the blush would look bad on your warm toned skin, it surprisingly doesn't clash. A must have everyday blush, you can't seem to mess up with it in the morning. I also recommend this for teens starting to get into makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never been a huge fan of blush in general but there's something different about Well Dressed, I'm even tempted to call it my HG. I'm super fair with cool undertones and a big problem with redness. Most blushes seem either undo all my work in downplaying my facial redness or look super unnatural, no matter the brush or formula. Well Dressed the a cooler-toned pale pink that I'd been searching for- it warms up my face without adding a ton of bright pigment. It's quite sheer but buildable. I would really encourage any fair-skinned ladies to give it a go- especially if you're a bit self-conscious of redness. It really is a beautiful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Cool blue-pink shade of blush. Natural, soft finish- highly flattering on cool blondes with pale skin tones. My everyday blush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Kbeasle1

This is my most reached for blush. I love it on my fair complexion. It looks natural, yet really brightens up my face. It is not shimmery, but it does have a sheen to it which I find very flattering. It does apply sheer, so you do have to work to build up the color. I usually use a stippling brush to apply because I feel that it picks up the product better than my other blush brushes. My only complaint is that I wish it was longer wearing. Even with a primer it only seems to last about 5 hours, but I also have oily skin so this may not be an issue for someone with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Jazzodiamond

I absolutely love this blusher. I guess it would depend on your skin tone (I have dark hair and fairly olive skin), but I love this on my cheeks. You can build it up too as its not too heavy! I have tried to go back to some of my more red mac blushers since using it and it makes me realise how lovely this one is!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely blush :) 'Well Dressed' is a cool-toned, bubble-gum pink with a slight shimmer. It gives my fair skin a subtle, natural-looking flush, discreet and pretty.

The blush is compacted very solidly so there's no loose powder fall-out and the pot is very sturdy, so ideal for carrying around.

Yes to a re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush it shows up well on my skin and I'm a nc15-20 it has a subtle sheen it's a blue toned pink like pink swoon but slightly darker it blends well but does need touch ups throughout the day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

UPDATE: Im still sad over the colour payoff of this blush however I find if I apply over a darker pink blush it comes off more true to the colour it looks in the pan.
This colour is soooo pretty in the pan but barely shows up on my fair skin (nw15 to nw 20). So sad I was so excited about this blush :(