MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

4.2

Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol. May contain: silica, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

on 11/24/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to blush! I am an NC15-20 and I find that this blush looks very natural on me. I'm confused as to why this blush doesn't have very much color payoff for some; that is certainly not the case with me! Maybe I got lucky, but this blush has a very good amount of pigmentation and shows up very nicely on my skin with just one or two swipes. I can count on this blush everyday and I don't have to think about it much, it blends like a dream! It also lasts all day on me, can't beat it. I've hit pan on this and plan on repurchasing!

on 11/17/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a nice blush. It's one of those everyday natural shades. It's great for light/light medium skin. I'd stay away if you're over NW25 because I don't think it would even show up on your skin. It's a light bubblegum pink color. It does seem to have a little bit of a purple undertone though.

on 11/16/2013 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am of a medium tone - for ref I am the shade Punjab in Nars sheer glow. I know people say this doesn't really show up on medium tones but it comes out almost pan-perfect on first application! It is meant to be a sheer shade and that is what I wanted when I bought this shade. So it's good for everyday wear. It would also be good as a highlighter on top of a deeper pink-toned blush.

However, downside is that it only lasts for 2 hours! Not good enough for the price - my Bourjois blush in rose d'or which is about £6 would last 6 hours or more!

Regarding the colour itself, you never know by just looking at a picture if it'll suit you - try it! It suited and showed up on my neutral-yellow mediumish skin!

But wouldn't buy again because lasting power is no good.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Color season is True Summer, nw10-15.

This blush is beautiful. It is popular on the boards for turning a "True pink" on the cheeks instead of the orange or coral some pinks turn. However, This blush also disappeared on me a few hours after wearing... I will try it again a few more times before deciding against it, but it did not last long on me. Beautiful at first, however.

Of all the blushes that I've tossed, this one has stayed.

It's a beautiful cool-toned pink that I find easy to wear. It leaves a nice flush of color without going on super strong, but it is easy to build up the color without overdoing it - unlike deeper pinks which can easy go clownish.

I would highly recommend this to someone looking for a nice pink that isn't overly intense.

on 10/28/2013 2:18:00 PM

Ugh. I hate to write a negative review on something I so wanted to love and everyone else seems to as well, but.. I just don't get it. I've attempted to figure this blush out several different times and ways but each time, nothing. Im not at all tan and not necessarily pale but it just won't show up, I could literally use it as a translucent powder. At 1st I thought it was the brush I was using, the real techniques blush brush which is kind of large and fluffy so I tried a more dense, natural fiber brush. Annnd still nothing. Total disappointment.

on 10/23/2013 9:09:00 AM

I recently finished using the entire blush. I got a full size in a set which is why the quality wasn't the same as the one that I've swatched at the store and counter. The powder felt very dry and not soft upon swatching it with my finger, barely any color came off. The only way for me to apply this blush on my NC20-25 skin tone was to swirl a natural bristle blush brush several times and dab into the pan to pick up some powder. The payoff is sheer, buildable, and lasts all day on me. I like the color...cool blue tone pink. I might consider repurchasing this blush again (not from a kit if the texture is softer) when I run out of my other blushes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I began to make my MAC blush palette, one colour I wanted to buy was a light pink. I felt that it would look good for days when I wanted to wear a light wash of colour on my cheeks. At the MAC store, I was drawn to this one because it looked gorgeous! Even after I swatched it, I loved how light and girly it was. I bought it, along with a couple other blushes (Fleur Power and Style).
I tried it a few days ago, and I loved how natural looking it was on my cheeks. It was easy to blend, and it didn't look too bright on my skin (I'm in NC 15). Combined with my NARS Laguna bronzer, it looks so beautiful on my skin.
If you're looking for a light wash of pink without shimmer, I highly recommend it!

on 10/10/2013 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grail blush! I have super pale (nw15) skin and it can sometimes be hard for me to find blushes that don't give me the appearance of a circus clown! This blush is perfect. It is a very pale, blue-toned pink that compliments my pale, pink toned skin perfectly. It is very light so I tend to brush on a few layers but it still shows up beautifully. When I want a slightly brighter look, I layer it over So Sweet, So Easy from M.A.C. and the two blushes pair incredibly well together!

I became interested in trying this blusher after seeing it on my sister, she has gorgeous pale skin, I'm quite pale but she is really pale. It made her look like a doll, she however advised me to go for Pink Swoon as it would probably show up better on my slightly darker skin (I'm still quite pale just with freckles and a stronger tendency to tan in summer).

Anyway, I tried Pink Swoon and that looks lovely especially when my skins a bit more sun kissed and freckly but I was still intrigued by Well Dressed after watching videos etc so I went ahead and got it a few months later, looking a lot more pale now as it is heading into autumn but still have my freckles.

I just tried it today and it looks gorgeous, I used two swipes with my brush on each cheek and it gives me a lovely natural pink glow, not too bright, so I can wear this for work college etc and apply quickly in the morning. I think this will be great when wearing dark makeup or/either a strong eye look or lip look.

I was worried while I was waiting for this to arrive that it may not show up on my skin and I would regret getting it but I love it (so far) and I can definitely see me using it a lot so no doubt will end up repurchasing it. I can see it being a great winter blusher for me. One thing I will add is that if you have large open pores you may want to use a good primer before using this as it has a silver sheen, not glittery but may attract attention to pores.

I'm an NW20 (MAC) with fair (medium in summer) skin brunette with looooooooots of freckles for reference.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Popular Blush Products