C.O. Bigelow Spearmint Mentha Lip Shine

4.5

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I liked this a lot and have gone through many tubes of this, the feeling and flavor was fresh and delicious, but after a few weeks of near constant use, it began to irritate my lips :(

on 12/27/2008 1:27:00 AM

I like the taste of the product and the packaging and how it makes your lips so glossy :) However, since it has peppermint oil in it which is irritating to your skin and lips (hence the tingling sensation) in the end it dries out my lips so that i have to keep on puttiing more. But itd be great to wear over a better lip moisturizer like some chapstick or vaseline

on 11/19/2008 8:17:00 PM

I love love love this!!!
The Mentha Line is the best lip glosses I have ever tried.
delish!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a new favorite Mentha Lip Shine. I was an Ultra Mentha girl before, but now it's all about the Spearmint Mentha. The spearmint flavor is refreshing and delicious, and the Mentha Lip Shine formula is, as always, moisturizing and beautiful on the lips.

on 8/28/2008 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! One of my favorite lip glosses. It comes on clear but glossy and has the most delicious aroma. Weird as it may sound I love the taste of this and I would definitely recommend. My favorite flavor out of all of them.

on 8/24/2008 12:37:00 AM

I really like this gloss as an alternative to my fav. Ultra Mentha Lip Shine. For some reason my 18 month old son really likes it too, lol. I guess cuz Mommy and Granny both use it and let him try it.

on 7/24/2008 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I am a complete addict for the Mentha & Ultra Mentha Lip Shines. I once felt the same way for Burts Bees Lip Balm (the minty kind) but after a few years, it became irritating & a rash formed. I experimented with numerous other brands to no avail before discovering these little wonders at Bath & Body - so glad I did. The taste is addicting, the shine is perfect - I have dozens literally. The Spearmint is another fave from this collection - never leave home without at least 2 at all times. The only complaint is the cap sometimes allows leakage to form around it making it sticky but it doesn't ALWAYS happen so I can deal with it. Love!

on 7/8/2008 1:20:00 PM

This is my favorite of the mentha lip shines - but I'm biased because spearmint is my favorite mint flavor. Like the other mentha lip shines, the texture is thick enough to stay put but not sticky or tacky. It tastes delicious and gives your lips a medium gloss - I wouldn't call it a subtle sheen, but it's not a glass-like finish either. It moisturizes very well even after the product has worn off. It comes in a squeeze tube with a generous amount in it. I wish they would make the spearmint gloss tinted, but it's very pretty as just a clear gloss. Makes your lips very healthy and natural-looking.

on 6/29/2008 1:20:00 PM

love it. perfect for any look.
7.50 is kind of hard to justify, but B&BW has sales all the time on this, so i usually get like 3 tubes for $15 which is good imo, especially because they last forever.
i really cannot rave about this more. it's fantastic. i am somewhat of a mint fanatic, actually, i'm also somewhat of a lip gloss/balm fanatic, so this is like a match made in heaven for me!
if you haven't tried it, you must. however, it's a very high shine, which i think looks good on just about everyone and works with any and everything, but if you aren't a shine kind of person, go for the mentha lip balm, in the little black tube. that has spf 15, no shine, and that wonderful minty flavor. i stole some from my friend, but she stole it back (damn...lol) so that's next on my list.

I hate that I love this product so much...$7.50 for just a lipgloss seems a little bit ridiculous, and the tube collects grime so its beautiful blue color ends up obscured and a little bit weirdly sticky, and sometimes the applicator hole lets out too much...but the gloss makes me look so good, with high shine and moisturization. It also is a hit with my boyfriend, who loves its taste. I love the weird little tingle it gives at first application. I highly recommend this, despite its shortcomings - I use mine all the time.

Top Rated C.O. Bigelow Products