August 30, 2014 | 1610 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for thick or coarse hair

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the positive reviews and getting to the point of wanting to shave my hair due to its thick, frizzy 'trying to have curls, but looks like weird bits of barbed wire' hair I bought this product. Used it once for 5 mins, felt softer but nothing amazing so I went back to it the next day left it for an hour and NOW I LOVE IT! Cannot stop touching my hair. When naturally dried, my curls seem tighter and less haywire. I just straightened it with my, only sprayed a small amount of heat protector before hand. Didnt need any serum, shine spray, hair spray, wax etc. and it looks like I just stepped out of a pantene add! So shinny, soft, tinest amount of fly aways-nothing compared to pre-joico hair, no sign of split ends and smells AMAZING!
If you're contemplating buying this, and you have thick, coarse crazy hair, go and get it!! Best money I ever spent!
Although I do agree, for medium/fine hair I wouldnt use this product, would weigh your hair down.
Thank you to the other ladies for the reviews!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i loooooooooove this. let me start off by saying my hair is naturally wavy, dry, and frizzy. not so much coarse but i could put motor oil in my hair and it still won't weigh it down. of course i blowdry and flat iron it 1-3 times a week which in turn makes it even drier. i used to use aveda's dry remedy and i really liked the way it worked but it was expensive and it smelled horrible. i picked this up randomly and i'm so happy i did. this is very heavy so if your hair is fine-medium, it probably is too much for you. this stuff made my hair feel very hydrated and it smells very fresh. i usually leave it in while i shave so like 5-10 minutes but when my hair is very dry (during the summer or after i ombre'd my ends) i'll leave it in for anwhere from 20 mins to an hour with a cap on my head. i got the tub version of this so it has a pump which makes things a lot easier when you're in the shower. i probably bought it in august of 2010 and i think i have about 1/4 of it left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a GREAT deep conditioner one of my favorites (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by whitley0499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!! This is the absolute best conditioner I've EVER used. I started giving myself deep conditioning treatments with this. I put a plastic cap on and sit under the dryer for 20 min. What a difference! My hair feels and looks sooooo good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by annadyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I never!!! I left this in for an hour and out no other leave in or staying products in, then left my hair to air dry. Now my hair is ridiculously soft. I actually think it's bordering too moisturised!!!!!!!!
This is the first product that has tamed my hair. If I put 5 litres of lard on it, it would still be a massive bush of straw. So this product is just amazing!!!!
Oh praise be!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

A great deep conditioner for my hair, which is very thick, long, coarse, dry and damaged. It really makes a noticeable difference, it leaves my hair nourished and less coarse and dry. My hair tends to get tangled on the verge on dreadlocks, this detangles it effortlessly.

I leave it on for as long as possible, often over-night.

It's a bit hard to rinse out, as it's very heavy even on my hair, which doesn't get weighed-down easily, but it's not a big enough hassle to make me like it less.

The tube packaging is practical, and you don't need a lot of product at a time, which makes it budget-friendly,

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by buhagiarmalina67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heaven in a bottle! its smells so good. very thick and creamy i really love this stuff! It is so soft that when i was rinsing it out it felt like there was still product in there but actually it was just the softness of my hair.It makes my hair very very shiny the next day! wud buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by luno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product fits the bill for price, quantity, quality and results- so it deserves HG status from me!

I have very thick long coarse Eurasian hair recovering from bleaching and thermal rebonding but this product does wonders and now I'm known for great hair- I get at least two compliments a day about my hair now and I'm loving it! I attribute my hair's speedy recovery to this product!

I wash my hair every 2-3 days and use this as a conditioner after any shampoo that I happen to have lying around (I try to keep it low-sulfate or sulfate-free but any shampoo for dry hair seems to produce the same results), I towel dry my hair after and start to work the balm from the ends up. It's very thick, the smell is pleasant and you feel your hair being nourished.

I give it a bit of a blow dry and let it soak in my hair for at least 15 minutes, sometimes I just hang around the house for a couple of hours before washing it out.

When it's finally washed out and blow dried my hair feels amazingly soft and my split ends are deceivingly non-existent! My hair is thick so I'll give it an iron-down after and in the end my hair is left looking like that of a Pantene model.

I precede the treatment with the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor every 2 weeks (don't want protein overload) and I find this helps to heal the damage from before.

Overall I thoroughly recommend this product to everyone. Forget about drugstore conditioners- you get what you pay for when it comes to treatments for heavily damaged hair. But that being said, I've tried Kerastase and whilst it does wonders, Joico delivers pretty much the same results without the excessive price tag.

I got a nice large 250ML tube that will last me awhile (it's thick so you don't need a lot) for around $27 AUD (cheaper in other countries I suspect) at Price Attack but I think it goes on sale occasionally for around 20% off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was okay. Definitely more suited for people with coarse hair. My hair is thick, but not coarse. However, my hair is dry. I left this on for about 20 minutes the first time I used this, but it made my hair very limp and it was greasy the very next day. The next time I used it I left it in for 7 minutes, and my hair was soft and manageable. It still got greasy the next day, though. I'm thinking of trying the one for fine hair, and see how it goes. My hair is relatively short, so that may also be why. I use this after using my Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by cwah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best treatments I have come across. The consistency is nice and thick and it feels so luxurious when you put it on your hair. I have very long hair and I put the treatment in twice a week. Each time I leave it in for about 10 mins. I constantly get told I have the nicest hair. I owe all my good fortunes to this treatment.

Btw, I have facial eczema on my eyes and my lips and this does not aggravate my eczema.