August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Treatments (Face) - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I liked this fixing spray. I really like the fact that you can purchase a small one for $15... but quite honestly I now just use the bottle to mix my own fixing spray of glycerine and purified water. But if that didn't work for me as well as it does, I'd prefer this over any other fix spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by amourx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for setting makeup. Urban Decay's All-Nighter spray is nothing compared to the quality of this product. Not only does this prevent makeup from sliding in hot and humid weather, but special occasion makeup stays on all day! Another way to use this is to spray your eyeshadow brush before dipping it into loose pigment. It foils the eyeshadow and makes it completely smudge proof after it dries. I love this so much and it's a staple in a lot of the artists I know.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by girlsunbeam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I don't know if it really helps in making your makeup stay on any better (I use Smashbox primer so my makeup already stays on pretty well, with the exception of my nose -- it just gets so oily that it slides off, no matter what products I use). What it DOES do that I love, is create a nice, more natural finish over your makeup.

Don't get me wrong, the spray nozzle does suck. It sprays very unevenly and lets out a LOT of product sometimes, and then a little other times. My face felt so icky and sticky the first few times I used this.

I started spraying it (just one mist) on a large clean brush and lightly going over my face. It makes my foundation look more natural and less 'powdery', without looking too shiny.

I buy the small bottle for 8 bucks. It lasts awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by MACfiend11

Didn't really notice much of a difference in makeup longevity. I use a great primer so I couldn't tell. I can say that it doesn't dry out my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

After running out of MAC's Fix+, I decided to give Mist & Fix a try after hearing so many good things about it. I need something to set my foundation and powder with so my makeup stays on my face and doesn't go all over the place (coat collars, turtlenecks, my phone, etc). I have used this both with MUFE Mat Velvet + and MAC Face & Body foundations. I find that in using it daily with Face & Body, it doesn't do the best job. After a couple of hours of applying, my skin (especially around my nose and chin) looks splotchy and fake. I think that this product works best with its own brand of foundations, because my makeup looked flawless when used in conjunction with the Mat Velvet +. I agree with other reviewers to try and hold this at least an arm's length away since one spray can just land in the middle of my face and not really do the job. While I don't like this as much as Fix+, it will suffice until I run out. I think the packaging can be improved on and the product itself before I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff makes my make-up last all freakin day! It's so amazing. But it's very expensive. I already bought a back-up anyways. That's just how much I love it! It's way better than E.l.F's version. The bottle is way bigger and just works better in general. AMAZING.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this spray with MUFE F&B foundation. It really does make a difference in the wear, lasting through even the hot Florida summer. The product lasts forever, too, almost justifying the price. I had much better results with this than I did with MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I resounding YES on buying this product again!! Today was a real test, it's my bridal shower in the hot Texas weather and I had about 5 layers of makeup on (foundation,concealer, powder, bronzer,blush,highlighter!) and I've had a runny nose all day from my allergies! Not only did little to no makeup came off as I blew my nose, my makeup (mainly my highligther, which usually comes off my oily face in like 2 hours) and my eyeshadow have stayed and true to color. For reference I used Mac Pro Longwear in NC 42 and MUFE High Def powder, it was sticky after the spray then dried to a soft powdery finish. This will definitely be used on my wedding day!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chloechan88

It does a great job to keep my makeup nice and long lasting. However, I broke out every time I used it. I have to stop using it since I don't wanna ruin my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I really like this spray. It works best for me in the summer months when my makeup literally melts off of my face.. this helps my makeup not do that. Yes I still get a little oily on my nose but not like i do without this product. it also helps my makeup to stay put which is what need... I will def repurchase.