Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 9/15/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A staple in my routine. I've gone through 4 bottles of this stuff over the past several years. Sets my makeup wonderfully so it does not budge even when my skin gets oily later in the day. I do agree, there is a very slight sheen due to the 'fixing' ingredients, but its hardly noticeable and therefore very natural looking. Also agree that the packaging could be improved, as its just in a regular spray bottle. I kept an old Fix+ bottle and decant it into there :) Its fairly expensive, but totally worth it IMO. I only use this as a final setting step....for wetting brushes, pigments, mixing, etc I stick to Fix+.

on 7/29/2011 5:11:00 PM

This product goes on easily. I didn't have any problems getting a fine mist that does not make my face wet at all. I spritz when all my makeup is finished and it does help with staying power on my oily skin. Only thing that I don't like is it gives a bit of a sheen, almost like when hairspray hits your forehead by accident. I'm fighting oil so don't need the sheen (although it's definitely not shiny). I think I'll try a different product because of the sheen.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the small bottle at sephora and I like using this to set my makeup during summer. I attended friend's wedding w/outside ceremony during 90 degree weather and it helped my makeup stay put. I haven't tried other setting products but I'm happy with this.

on 7/12/2011 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this fixing spray. I really like the fact that you can purchase a small one for $15... but quite honestly I now just use the bottle to mix my own fixing spray of glycerine and purified water. But if that didn't work for me as well as it does, I'd prefer this over any other fix spray.

on 7/10/2011 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Great for setting makeup. Urban Decay's All-Nighter spray is nothing compared to the quality of this product. Not only does this prevent makeup from sliding in hot and humid weather, but special occasion makeup stays on all day! Another way to use this is to spray your eyeshadow brush before dipping it into loose pigment. It foils the eyeshadow and makes it completely smudge proof after it dries. I love this so much and it's a staple in a lot of the artists I know.

on 4/22/2011 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I like this product. I don't know if it really helps in making your makeup stay on any better (I use Smashbox primer so my makeup already stays on pretty well, with the exception of my nose -- it just gets so oily that it slides off, no matter what products I use). What it DOES do that I love, is create a nice, more natural finish over your makeup.

Don't get me wrong, the spray nozzle does suck. It sprays very unevenly and lets out a LOT of product sometimes, and then a little other times. My face felt so icky and sticky the first few times I used this.

I started spraying it (just one mist) on a large clean brush and lightly going over my face. It makes my foundation look more natural and less 'powdery', without looking too shiny.

I buy the small bottle for 8 bucks. It lasts awhile.

on 1/27/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Didn't really notice much of a difference in makeup longevity. I use a great primer so I couldn't tell. I can say that it doesn't dry out my face.

on 1/15/2011 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After running out of MAC's Fix+, I decided to give Mist & Fix a try after hearing so many good things about it. I need something to set my foundation and powder with so my makeup stays on my face and doesn't go all over the place (coat collars, turtlenecks, my phone, etc). I have used this both with MUFE Mat Velvet + and MAC Face & Body foundations. I find that in using it daily with Face & Body, it doesn't do the best job. After a couple of hours of applying, my skin (especially around my nose and chin) looks splotchy and fake. I think that this product works best with its own brand of foundations, because my makeup looked flawless when used in conjunction with the Mat Velvet +. I agree with other reviewers to try and hold this at least an arm's length away since one spray can just land in the middle of my face and not really do the job. While I don't like this as much as Fix+, it will suffice until I run out. I think the packaging can be improved on and the product itself before I would buy again.

on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 AM

This stuff makes my make-up last all freakin day! It's so amazing. But it's very expensive. I already bought a back-up anyways. That's just how much I love it! It's way better than E.l.F's version. The bottle is way bigger and just works better in general. AMAZING.

on 10/13/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this spray with MUFE F&B foundation. It really does make a difference in the wear, lasting through even the hot Florida summer. The product lasts forever, too, almost justifying the price. I had much better results with this than I did with MAC.

Popular Treatments (Face)