MAC Fleshpot

3.8

on 7/13/2011 1:13:00 PM

From the permanent line.

This is a lot like Myth (fair, NC/NW15-type shade), only pinker. It's a nice color, satin (not too drying, less shiny than a lustre). With a light hand (if you're worried about it going too light / applying too heavily and showing up lighter than your skin) it can look really nice, and applies pretty evenly. Goes on very opaque. Very opaque. I have a thing for nude lips so I like this pinkened one. :)

on 6/2/2011 4:44:00 PM

This is the first lipstick I purchased from MAC. I am after very nude lipsticks, and since I'm cool tone I needed to find a good nude lipstick with cooler undertones. Most nude lipsticks I own have a peachy undertone which tends to wash me out but this definitely does the trick for me. The lipstick is flesh colored but has a nice pink undertone to it. It is very pigmented so you don't need a lot of it, I literally just apply it and kind of blend it in with my fingers for a more muted, natural look. I use my MAC liner in Nude so it helps with keeping the lipstick in place all day. I also tend to pair it with a nice pink tone gloss as it helps to minimize the "concealer look". I know a lot people complain it's too drying and it tends to emphasize the cracks in their lips but the key to avoiding that is MOISTURIZE. By that I mean every night before you go to bed put on a good lip treatment ( I use one by avon). Also every 2 days or so exfoliate your lips by rubbing them with a towel just after you get out from the shower, this will take off any dead skin and soften your lips. The most important step is to put a light lip balm before you apply this lipstick, I use one by soft lips, after I do my foundation I apply a small amount and massage it into my lips since over applying will just make the lipstick slide off, key here is to apply just a small amount, then I do the rest of my makeup and let the lipbalm soak into my lips, I apply my lip liner and then this lipstick, lastly I finish with a gloss and that's it, should solve the dry lip issue. I know it's a lot of work for a lipstick, but the color looks so beautiful on me it's way worth it. Also it's a bit expensive for me but it will last forever since it's so pigmented you don't need to use a lot.

on 5/31/2011 6:06:00 PM

A perfect nude with a hint of pink on me. A bit shocking and concealer-ish when applied (I sure was shocked :))), but the KEY IS TO BUFF AND SMUDGE IT WITH YOUR FINGER afterwards to blur the harsh lip line and make it appear more natural. Then you can put on some lip gloss, but if you moisturised your lips and you've done the finger thing you may not even feel like you need a gloss.
But I do like to experiment with glosses on top of it, I love the look of NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Miami Base on top, result is the prettiest most natural nude lip, love it! :)

on 12/16/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a girl with Angelina Jolie lips who is constantly craving nude lipsticks, Fleshpot is love! Sure, it is very comparable to Myth, Creme d'Nude, Equality, and the like, but it's also nice in its own right. As with any MAC Satin lipstick, I apply a thin layer of a lightweight, slick balm, like Yes to Carrots Lip Butter (just say no to Burt's Bees! It makes lipsticks go on with much more effort and tugging, and fill in the lines even more, in my experience). I like to wear this with some mascara and blush for a simple look, but it's absolutely perfect for a dark smoky eye as well. It never looks too "dead" or "concealer" to me. I love it and will continue to repurchase in the future. I am NC20-25 with dark brown hair and green-hazel eyes, for reference.

on 12/13/2010 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

meh.

this was a great ls a few years ago -- now it is just another of so many fleshy peachy toned lippies.

sorry MAC -- this is good, but not great.

on 12/13/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This lipstick is IT for me. I own Myth and Creme de' Nude, among loads of other non-MAC pale nude lipsticks, and this is the best of them all. The color is just right - not too peachy but not overly pink. This formula is the same as Myth but for some reason isn't as drying for me. I can really load on the color without the product sliding around and settling into the lines of my lips, or I can dab it on for a more sheer application. I like a REALLY pale lip, which is so simple with this lipstick. A lot of my other lipsticks need a concealer base to get my lips as pale as I like them. I love that Fleshpot is just one step for me. As with all lipsticks, you need moisturized, exfoliated lips for this baby to look its best. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out. I might even buy a few backups when my next paycheck rolls in!
***NC 15 for reference***

on 10/25/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my absolute favourite lipstick and I wera it pretty much every day! It is a matte nude colour with a hint of pink and adds a very sixties twist to dark eyeshadows. I would say it is very versatile although may make paler skin more washed out but looks fab with a tan!

I bought mine a while ago from the Heatherette collection at MAC so its in a bright candy pink case with silver hologram - instantly recognisable in my make up bag!

Sadly I have just about run out of this but am definitely going to re-purchase :)

on 10/6/2010 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got this in the pro store after reading the reviews on here. It's a pink/ beige nude that looks great with a smoky eye. Its a lot more flattering and easier to wear than Myth. A must have for any nude loving lip girl- would buy again, it's become a staple for me.

on 9/20/2010 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my new favorite lipsticks from MAC. It is a soft, pinky nude color with no shimmer. It is a satin, but it doesn't dry out my lips at all! I love nudes, but I was a little hesitant to try this color, just because of how light it looked. I don't want concealer lips! But this is such a pretty color and it doesn't make me look washed out at all. It looks GORGEOUS with a pale pink or clear gloss over it. It gives me that pouty lip look.. i love it!! This is a pro lipstick, so you can only get it a mac pro stores. Definitely try it if you love nude lips!

on 6/14/2010 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

MAC Fleshpot
This is a creme (no shimmer), pale, pink\-toned beige-nude. It is about the same shade as concealor for light complexions. It's also a MUST have staple (along with MAC Myth -- the more peachy toned variant of Fleshpot) for all smokey-eyed/nude-lipped girls who have very naturally red-pigmented lips and want to nude them out.

I usually use Fleshpot (or Myth) as a base shade to nude my lips out before I apply pale lipsticks (pale pinks, peaches, etc). I also like to use Fleshpot (or Myth) as a base under sheer lip glosses, so that my naturally red lips don't overpower the gloss. I rarely use Fleshpot or Myth on their own, as I'm olive toned and usually faux tanned, but I think girls with fair skintones could rock out either of these two shades as "nude lip looks" very well. MAC's paler lip glasses look gorgeous over either of these lipstick shades.

Fleshpot and Myth both offer full coverage color, but you can easily sheer them out by applying lightly with a lip brush, or just using your fingers to apply the color.

I wish MAC would make Fleshpot available again on their regular site, and not just on the MAC Pro one. :/

Popular Lipsticks