August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fleshpot lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

meh.

this was a great ls a few years ago -- now it is just another of so many fleshy peachy toned lippies.

sorry MAC -- this is good, but not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is IT for me. I own Myth and Creme de' Nude, among loads of other non-MAC pale nude lipsticks, and this is the best of them all. The color is just right - not too peachy but not overly pink. This formula is the same as Myth but for some reason isn't as drying for me. I can really load on the color without the product sliding around and settling into the lines of my lips, or I can dab it on for a more sheer application. I like a REALLY pale lip, which is so simple with this lipstick. A lot of my other lipsticks need a concealer base to get my lips as pale as I like them. I love that Fleshpot is just one step for me. As with all lipsticks, you need moisturized, exfoliated lips for this baby to look its best. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out. I might even buy a few backups when my next paycheck rolls in!
***NC 15 for reference***

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by felicityc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favourite lipstick and I wera it pretty much every day! It is a matte nude colour with a hint of pink and adds a very sixties twist to dark eyeshadows. I would say it is very versatile although may make paler skin more washed out but looks fab with a tan!

I bought mine a while ago from the Heatherette collection at MAC so its in a bright candy pink case with silver hologram - instantly recognisable in my make up bag!

Sadly I have just about run out of this but am definitely going to re-purchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the pro store after reading the reviews on here. It's a pink/ beige nude that looks great with a smoky eye. Its a lot more flattering and easier to wear than Myth. A must have for any nude loving lip girl- would buy again, it's become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by kmp1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my new favorite lipsticks from MAC. It is a soft, pinky nude color with no shimmer. It is a satin, but it doesn't dry out my lips at all! I love nudes, but I was a little hesitant to try this color, just because of how light it looked. I don't want concealer lips! But this is such a pretty color and it doesn't make me look washed out at all. It looks GORGEOUS with a pale pink or clear gloss over it. It gives me that pouty lip look.. i love it!! This is a pro lipstick, so you can only get it a mac pro stores. Definitely try it if you love nude lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Fleshpot
This is a creme (no shimmer), pale, pink\-toned beige-nude. It is about the same shade as concealor for light complexions. It's also a MUST have staple (along with MAC Myth -- the more peachy toned variant of Fleshpot) for all smokey-eyed/nude-lipped girls who have very naturally red-pigmented lips and want to nude them out.

I usually use Fleshpot (or Myth) as a base shade to nude my lips out before I apply pale lipsticks (pale pinks, peaches, etc). I also like to use Fleshpot (or Myth) as a base under sheer lip glosses, so that my naturally red lips don't overpower the gloss. I rarely use Fleshpot or Myth on their own, as I'm olive toned and usually faux tanned, but I think girls with fair skintones could rock out either of these two shades as "nude lip looks" very well. MAC's paler lip glasses look gorgeous over either of these lipstick shades.

Fleshpot and Myth both offer full coverage color, but you can easily sheer them out by applying lightly with a lip brush, or just using your fingers to apply the color.

I wish MAC would make Fleshpot available again on their regular site, and not just on the MAC Pro one. :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This is a nice pink-based nude. I wear this and then pat concealer over the top to achieve a more beige look as I find pink-based nudes don't suit me as well as light beige-based nudes. However, despite the slight colour disgruntlement, this is a nice texture and is not drying on my often dry lips. A nice product from MAC, and highly recommended if you want a more sheer nude.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my new favourites. It's a very sheer nude, but after a while when it wears off my natural lip color shines trough and it turns into a gorgeous soft pink. Love it! Took one lippie of because it's kinda dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by laurx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite lipstick ever! I'm a huge nude lip girl - and before I knew about this product I was using myth. As soon as I saw it online, I ordered two of them, and I am so glad I did! Myth is a little more peachy on me, whereas fleshpot is very nude but slightly pink. It compliments fair and tan skin (I have been very fair and very tan) and it looked great both ways. I love the texture of the lipstick in comparison to myth too. I still love myth, don't get me wrong, but this is my number one favorite. It stays on really long for me and never dries out. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bendiegrl

best lip color ever.. the girl at the mac pro store i go to told me that kim kardashian wears it!