August 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Makeup Brushes - Clinique - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for applying my EL daywear. Also good for applying a cream fdtn too. I've had it for many months, wash it just about every third day and not one hair has shedded. It came with a clear plastic case which I stashed with my travel kit. Definitely don't want to toss this loose in a makeup kit, so keep that CASE.

Worth the money, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by PinupWings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to apply all foundation with my fingers, and never understood why I couldn't seem to get even coverage all over my face. I tried using a few low-end foundation brushes as well as sponges, but I saw no difference. This brush, however, changed everything for me! I bought it on a whim while at Clinique and I absolutely adore it. The bristles are firm, but soft and comfortable on my skin. I find that my foundation applies much more easily and evenly while using this brush, and it's very easy to keep clean. All-in-all a great brush, I'll never apply foundation using anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Saw the good reviews on this brush and I remembered I partially had some Clinique foundation done on me with this brush, and how nice the finish was. So I picked up this brush a few days ago. I tried it with different foundations (Lancome, Clinique, MUFE HD) and I was right, the finish was pretty good. However there were two problems with it in my experience. I hated USING this brush.

1 - At the store it seemed SO soft, I was excited to start using it. And although the bristles were soft, they seemed a little too stiff together for me. I prefer foundation brush that can move and bend very easily with my face. I don't have terrible skin but it is uneven in texture especially around my cheeks. In that sense I found this brush to feel almost itchy while using it because of it's stiffness. Even after I washed it 3 times I still found it a little stiff for me.

I am used to using the MAC 130 brush softly on my face to stipple and swirl onto my face, so maybe I've gotten a little spoiled on soft brushes and soft technique!

2 - I had no desire to use this brush after the first time. I just didn't like holding it, I didn't like the way it looked, and I didn't like the feeling I got after applying foundation with it (sort of like an "after-brush" effect on my cheeks). I returned this brush and don't miss it at all.

Sorry for sounding picky but this is what I felt about the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Up until last week, I'd never seen the point of makeup brushes. I know...I know...I'd read a million times about how it makes application SO MUCH easier but I figured I was doing fine with my fingers and I hate wasting money.

So the other day I was in Clinique trying out some foundation and the SA used this brush and I loved the way it felt, and she was horrified when I told her how I applied my foundation and concelaer with my fingers. She did such a good sell of this brush I couldn't say no.

And my god, is it good. I can't believe it's the same foundation. Application is easy and hygienic and smooooth. My face looks flawless after this - generally my skin isn't terrible but I have a lot of red patches and the odd blemish. I thought it would be a load of faff to use (I bit like an artist creating a masterpiece) but it isn't, i jsut dab foundation on the back of my hand, a small amount, and go. I just dab bits all over my face, a bit more in troubled spots, and let this thing work its magic.

Seriously, I cannot emphasis enough how easy it is to put on foundation with this thing. I'm annoyed at all the expensive foundation I've wasted in the past due to not applying it correctly.

Ssshhh - don't tell but I even used it this morning under my eyes to apply concealer and I looked like I'd actually had a proper night's sleep! I know you're supposed to use a concealer brush but it works!

Hugely excuted about my skin's future with this tool. No fingers = less grease = less blemishes. Buy this, you won't regret it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush. I've been using it for more than 2 years. It never shed a single hair and I wash it quite often (at least twice a week) and quite vigorously. It is also pretty. I like the glass "handle". Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for about 4 years and it hasn't shed at all. It's still in lovely condition after so much use and so many washes.

The brush for application is nothing special, it applies foundation smoothly and evenly, and blends well.

Worth the money, a real trustworthy purchase!

LC x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by jmsk112486

I've had this brush from about 5 years now. I absolutely love it. I don't get streaks when I apply my foundation with this brush and it holds up very well to repeatedly deep cleaning washes. The handle itself gets a bit beaten up as it is made out of plastic, the ends get chipped, but overall, it is a great foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by KitaBeta

This is a very good Foundation Brush, I find it works great with Clinique Foundations (I use Superfit), it didnt work that well with my Revlon Colorstay for some reason, it was very streaky and I had to blend the Colorstay a lot more than I normally would with my Super fit. But for Clinque Foundation I thought it was great. No streaks, used half as much foudation as I would a sponge. I have bought I couple of these for friends who havent used a Foundation Brush before and they loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lnneddo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a product junkie and unfortunately I have a hard time really appreciating something I buy. This brush is great, though. No complaints. I've used it very frequently for about 2 years. No shedding, perfect stiffness. Blends well, and cleans well. If it ever comes down to it, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by klhoward

Great brush! Tried others and this one applies well, no streaks. Not too soft and not too hard. I could not be without this.