April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Chubilovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know but I just love it. And for 10$ you can't beat that. I have oily acne prone skin and this has not brake me out at all. I know all faces are different, but this is what works for me. I put it before wetting my face and remove it with a wash cloth I believe it is called. The finish with my with my witch hazel and I'm done. My face does not get oily and it feels so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by aprilelisabeth

Review: I'm in love with this stuff! I have tried everything from visiting the derm to using everything on the shelf that's affordable. Nothing ever simultaneously kept my skin soft and moist, while clearing my pores. It cleans deep down, but it's very gentle. I've never had any issues with my skin stinging (happened with gentle products like purpose) and I think I owe that to the product being a cream cleanser. It calms and soothes my skin and I honestly feel like my skin is as pure as it was when I was a baby. No more excess oil, blackheads, whiteheads, dry patches, or clogged pores. It's that good.

Recommended For: I would recommend this to any skin type who gets clogged pores and breakouts because of them, rather than an actual acne problem. If you feel like this product isn't right for you, I strongly URGE you to find a cream cleanser. I was a human guinea pig and tried every oil, soap, and cleanser out there, but nothing ever helped my skin until I started using a cream. Just sayin'.

My Skin Type: I have combination skin that's oily in the T-zone, and dry patches everywhere else. I wear liquid foundation very well, but have a hard time using powder or concealer without getting flaky. I get white heads in the crease of my chin and in between my brows, black heads all over my nose, and clogged pores in the nose area.

I Use This With:
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel (2-3x/day)
Alba Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisture Cream (1x/day)
Jojoba Oil (sparingly!) (most nights)
Noxzema Clean Blemish Control Daily Scrub (1x/week)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by GaddesdenGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed with this cleanser. I had a trial size which I took away at Christmas, and on the strength of how radiant it made my skin look I ordered a full size tube. At 10 a tube it's not all that cheap. After 3 months I've nearly finished the tube but at the detriment to my pores. This cleanser makes my skin glow and feel lovely BUT it totally clogs my pores. I've spent so long trying to get clear radiant skin, and this just gave me back all the blackheads I'd eliminated. Might be nice for dry skin - very disappointed it didn't work out for me. I'd also agree with some of the reviews that say it feels like it leaves something on your skin, if I only rinsed with cold water it did feel like that but warm water and a wash cloth after this cleanser always left my skin feeling amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser because my pores seemed more clogged than usual. After two weeks of use, I'm not sure if my skin is purging or if it's just breaking out. I would only use this after removing makeup as it doesn't really work into the skin well. The menthol is pointless and prevents you from using it on the eye area (seriously, don't). I'll continue to look for improvements but at the moment I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser off and on for a couple of months and it always seems to help with my acne and moisturize my skin. Never dries me out and it smells and feels wonderful. I personally like the menthol in this, I believe it helps deep clean better. You do have to use a toner after to get all your makeup off. I use Organic lemon juice diluted with water and my face looks flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Liwka

I LOVE this cleanser. I got a sample of it 3 months ago and still have it! It's somewhat expensive (as all natural products are) but you get a lot of bang for you buck, since it lasts a while.
Personally, I use it in the morning. The smell wakes me up and makes me feel energized. It doesn't leave a soapy after effect like my old morning cleanser did. My skin looks amazing afterwards and since I rarely wear make it, that's a plus!
Since I have combination skin, I use a different cleanser to clear my acne, so I am not to sure if this clears my skin or not, but it's looking like my pre-18 year old skin.

Give this product a try! You'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't say that I adore this product, because I feel that there is a product of better value out there that I could get. However, it makes my skin feel wonderful after I use it. I wish that I didn't have to carefully remove my makeup before I used it, or that I could use it on my eyes (because they get oily too!) I do like how it makes my combination skin look and feel. I am prone to breakouts, and this tends to make my skin clearer and softer looking. It also smells absolutely lovely, and doesn't dry out my skin or make it oilier. For now, it is my go-to face wash, but I am still on the lookout, because I am SURE there is something better out there.
Note: I also use this with one of the scrublets from the Loreal 360 clean facewashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A not bad face wash. It's refreshing and smells really good. However the cream face wash doesn't form (which I understand that they need to keep it natural), so you really have to use a lot of product for one wash. I finished the bottle in one month (consider all the other face wash lasted me at least half of year) I would say it doesn't have good value for money. Definitely will not repurchase. I'm using La-roche posay at the moment and will probably switch to Vichy face wash, which is also paraben and sulfate free. I still prefer forming cleanser, I mean in the end of day it's a cleanser, we can keep all other products we use on our face as natural as we can, but it should take a little extra power to fully remove all kinds of impurities on our skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by koalapoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim about a year ago. After using it a couple times, it left my face dry and painful.
It cleaned my face well enough, but was just too strong for my dry skin. For someone with combination or oily skin it might work.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Jwiatr3

I have bad red broken blood vessels on my face nose cheeks forehead and it only gets worse throughout the day. Even the first time I used this product it helped me so much it looked like I was wearing inundation because it helped my blood vessels and redness so much. It made my face clear and smooth. The ingredients in it like chamomile and lemon juice are known to help blood vessels and increase blood flow and it really did work so well! I love this product. Don't get it in your eyes because the mint will burn but it leaves your face feeling tingly and fresh and moisturized :)