September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. If I wear makeup I don't solely rely on this cleanser to help me get it off because it just won't. But on the days I don't wear makeup (which is most of the time lol) I find that this leaves me skin feeling clean and refreshed. Doesn't leave it feeling overly dry either. I like that it's a cream and the fact that it has some menthol in it. The menthol may be too much though for some who have really sensitive skin.
It helps my breakouts to tame a bit, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lovechanel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried rubbing it into my face for a while and still, it does not clean your face. I use neutragena toner afterwards and the cottonball is full of make-up which my neutragena cleanser does not leave behind. The menthol makes you think your face is clean but try using a make-up remover afterwards and observe all the grime left behind, I think this is one of the reasons people are noting their pores get clogged. Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by ThatDarnCass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently picked up a bottle of this cleansing cream because I was out of my old stuff and thought it looked interesting. I am so glad I did! My skin is mostly normal, but I have an oily T-zone. The pores on my nose are typically huge--filled with blackheads and lots of oil. I also tend to break out around my chin area. Recently I've become more conscious about not resting my chin in my hands, which has helped clear up the breakouts on my chin although not completely. I started using this product about a week ago and am simply amazed. My chin is completely clear, and it's like a miracle worker for my nose. In the past week, it's completely cleared up all blackheads (seriously, I have none-- I'm shocked!) and my pores are noticeably smaller. Which, in turn, has helped so that my skin is not as oily throughout the day. My skin feels soft and well-moisturized. Some people have complained about the lack of a lather, but I wasn't bothered by it as it's a cream cleanser and most products that lather contain some type of sulfate which is harsh on skin. Also, the menthol didn't bother me at all. I will definitely be re-purchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

Took a bit for me to get used to a cleanser that doesn't lather at first, but it's really not a big deal. I have slightly acne-prone skin no matter what products I use. Using it along with the BB acne solutions toner, I have noticed a slight difference with less breakouts. I can see how it could cause some more blackheads, but using it with a facial cleanser brush and/or exfoliating sponge should help that a bit. Smells interesting, but I don't mind it! The menthol really does make your skin feel fresh without being overbearing. I'm still exploring BB's products, but so far, I think I'll be purchasing this again. Good size bottle for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mintfoxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells like strong mint, which I love! But like other reviewers had stated it does bring back black heads. The good side is that it leaves soft skin and my face isn't as oily as it was after using this product for a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser! Great scent and creamy texture. I don't mind the scent but if you don't like scents it may be a turn off. My face feels great after using this. I love Burt's bees products they are natural and of good quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I've been using SpectroJel on and off for the last 10 years but wanted something more natural. I'd try different brands of cleansers, but always went back to SpectroJel. It worked for my skin. Until now, this cleanser is great! It doesn't break me out, smells like candy, isn't full of chemicals, and cleans my face while leaving it soft and moisturized. My skin is oily, and I'd recommend it for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by RachelsLoves

I really love this product. I like to use it to get my face makeup off every night before bed. I also like to use it in the morning while in the shower. I find it leaves my face feeling very soft and moisturized. I just love Burt's Bees and would recommend this product to anyone looking for a new facial cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Chubilovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know but I just love it. And for 10$ you can't beat that. I have oily acne prone skin and this has not brake me out at all. I know all faces are different, but this is what works for me. I put it before wetting my face and remove it with a wash cloth I believe it is called. The finish with my with my witch hazel and I'm done. My face does not get oily and it feels so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by aprilelisabeth

Review: I'm in love with this stuff! I have tried everything from visiting the derm to using everything on the shelf that's affordable. Nothing ever simultaneously kept my skin soft and moist, while clearing my pores. It cleans deep down, but it's very gentle. I've never had any issues with my skin stinging (happened with gentle products like purpose) and I think I owe that to the product being a cream cleanser. It calms and soothes my skin and I honestly feel like my skin is as pure as it was when I was a baby. No more excess oil, blackheads, whiteheads, dry patches, or clogged pores. It's that good.

Recommended For: I would recommend this to any skin type who gets clogged pores and breakouts because of them, rather than an actual acne problem. If you feel like this product isn't right for you, I strongly URGE you to find a cream cleanser. I was a human guinea pig and tried every oil, soap, and cleanser out there, but nothing ever helped my skin until I started using a cream. Just sayin'.

My Skin Type: I have combination skin that's oily in the T-zone, and dry patches everywhere else. I wear liquid foundation very well, but have a hard time using powder or concealer without getting flaky. I get white heads in the crease of my chin and in between my brows, black heads all over my nose, and clogged pores in the nose area.

I Use This With:
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel (2-3x/day)
Alba Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisture Cream (1x/day)
Jojoba Oil (sparingly!) (most nights)
Noxzema Clean Blemish Control Daily Scrub (1x/week)