April 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not like this product. I wanted to like it because it smelled really good, but the lotion was way too thin and watery and did not moisturize well. It just make my skin feel sticky and gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

No matter what I always end up going back to this lotion. I've tried several different lotions in between this for years, but nothing compares to how soft & smooth my skin feels after using this. I have very dry skin except for my face; my skin is especially and obviously more dry in the winter and I love using this both in the winter and summer. This doesn't break my body out at all which I've had a problem with some after I work out because the lotion never feels like it settles into my skin. I know I know, ewg has a low rating on that and that's what drew me back a lot of the times because I do actually value the websites info, but this stuff works for me and there's way more stuff to worry about and all other kinds of stuff you can catch just from walking out your door. I took a chemistry class and out of nowhere asked him his opinion on using petroleum products in lotions and what not and he said that its fine and our skin is made up of acids and all that yada yada yada and that we need it. not sure about all that but whatever i like this product regardless. This takes a little work to rub in at first but once it settles, it sinks into your skin. I do like the smell, but I don't love it entirely. It doesn't remind me if an actual real cocoa butter smell. Price is cheap and a little does go a long way. I like to especially apply this after I shower and let it sink in a few minutes after I apply it before getting dressed. I would recommend this and I will be repurchasing once again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by saraxxk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing I love about this body lotion Is it's smell, which disappears after a short time !
Nothing special about it, it definitely is moisturizing but I prefer the vaseline triple whitening with SPF for day time.
Plus the packaging is cheap mine didn't have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent is nice, if a tad synthetic, but this lotion is rich and moisturizing without being greasy, and it absorbs fast. Plus it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This lotion is amazingly moisturizing without being greasy. My skin is dry all year round but I hate feeling greasy or slippery. I also wash my hands often and hate that slimey feeling that most lotions give because they're just sitting on top. This one doesn't have that slimey feeling at all.

My old go-to lotions were Palmer's Cocoa Butter, Jergens Ultra Healing, and Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme(in the tub). None of them moisturize as well as this lotion, last as long, make my skin as soft, or sink into my skin as quickly.

I considered taking off a lippie for the scent because I didn't always like it. I was used to more chocolate scented cocoa butter products. This has more of a honey/vanilla/marshallow scent mixed with some chocolate and it while it's light, it lasts all day. I love perfumes and this doesn't interfere with them or make them smell weird like some unscented lotions seem to do.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Ginger555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I find that this product smells nice and is moisturizing. I bought the large bottle. I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by girlnextd00rr

This product has an amazing, rich vanilla smell! I really loved applying it every night before bed because I'd go to sleep smelling of chocolate. However, some people who prefer more subtle scents might not like it. When I put this on in my bedroom, my mom could smell me from the living room LOL.

Scent aside, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone staying in hot and humid countries like myself. It's more suitable to be used during winter climates, I think, because it's really thick and moisturising. When I applied this at night, my legs were still sticky/greasy in the morning. Which is pretty gross, by the way, if you tend to sweat alot like me. I'm not sure if it's my fault for putting on too much, or Vaseline's fault for not being able to absorb well!

I don't regret buying this because it was on sale and not very pricey anyway. But I'll be trying out other brands instead to see if I can find a product that absorbs into my skin better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Nadia2r

this lotion smells great and is easy to apply, it hydrates the skin without being greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

love this product so much, if you are olive skin or darker this will give a beautiful glow!!!!
love this soo much!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Nida007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream has been my ultimate favorite! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product as its moisturizing and leaves my skin glowing and smells like chocolate!

The cons are: You would need to apply it 2 times as it makes my legs dry after wards.. I use Nivea deep conditioning lotion for my legs after taking a shower. and use Vaseline for hands!