August 1, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It smells AMAZING and works! The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it leaves a slight oily residue, but that's not a big deal to me because I apply it before going to bed. For the price, packaging and quality, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely, and moisturizing for a very good price. This lotion leaves my skin feeling soft, smelling good (like cocoa butter), and supple. Can't ask for more! I would definitely buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

well I had a good expectation when I bought this stuff as I heared
some good reviews , but unfortunatly I did not found the moisturizing
effect I wanted , also it smells like some medicine no cocoa butter
smell on it . the only good thing is it has a light non greasy
formula which is good for summer so I guess it will work better with someone with an oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by missmaggie

For years Ive been a loyal Hempz user, I was introduced to it years ago and I was hooked from the first time. For the longest time drugstore lotions never did it for me, at best when they felt some what soft after applying it was more like a coating on my skin rather than actually moisturizing my skin and being absorbed. I could always feel the difference so I am going through a phase a.t.m where Im crazy about this particular scent so I bought it and OMG this is the first time in a long time where I can feel like a drugstore product is actually moisturizing my skin!!!! Im in love. It smells great, it does what its supposed to do and it does it well and honestly since Ive had this I kinda forgot about my Hempz lotion lol will def be repurchasing and I highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not like this product. I wanted to like it because it smelled really good, but the lotion was way too thin and watery and did not moisturize well. It just make my skin feel sticky and gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

No matter what I always end up going back to this lotion. I've tried several different lotions in between this for years, but nothing compares to how soft & smooth my skin feels after using this. I have very dry skin except for my face; my skin is especially and obviously more dry in the winter and I love using this both in the winter and summer. This doesn't break my body out at all which I've had a problem with some after I work out because the lotion never feels like it settles into my skin. I know I know, ewg has a low rating on that and that's what drew me back a lot of the times because I do actually value the websites info, but this stuff works for me and there's way more stuff to worry about and all other kinds of stuff you can catch just from walking out your door. I took a chemistry class and out of nowhere asked him his opinion on using petroleum products in lotions and what not and he said that its fine and our skin is made up of acids and all that yada yada yada and that we need it. not sure about all that but whatever i like this product regardless. This takes a little work to rub in at first but once it settles, it sinks into your skin. I do like the smell, but I don't love it entirely. It doesn't remind me if an actual real cocoa butter smell. Price is cheap and a little does go a long way. I like to especially apply this after I shower and let it sink in a few minutes after I apply it before getting dressed. I would recommend this and I will be repurchasing once again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by saraxxk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing I love about this body lotion Is it's smell, which disappears after a short time !
Nothing special about it, it definitely is moisturizing but I prefer the vaseline triple whitening with SPF for day time.
Plus the packaging is cheap mine didn't have a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My general opinion of Vaseline hand and body moisturisers is a positive one. Their products are deeply nourishing (I have the most finicky skin. My top half is an oil slick and my bottom half resembles a desert!), easily accessible and affordable. My all-time favourite Vaseline product is of course their plain petroleum jelly - a beauty staple for many women the world over.

While this hydrating lotion is indeed hydrating, the cocoa butter fragrance, in my opinion, is 'plasticky' and quite frankly nauseating! I applied this liberally to my body after my daily shower and it stunk up my entire bedroom. I was left with a pounding headache afterward.
I did tempt fate the next day. I eventually decided that this lotion was going to my brother to use up.
I almost fainted when I strolled by his bedroom. Haha... I really need to rid my house of this lotion. It's unfortunate though. I have read that cocoa butter assists in evening out skintone - something I require major help with. Perhaps Palmer's will be a better bet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent is nice, if a tad synthetic, but this lotion is rich and moisturizing without being greasy, and it absorbs fast. Plus it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This lotion is amazingly moisturizing without being greasy. My skin is dry all year round but I hate feeling greasy or slippery. I also wash my hands often and hate that slimey feeling that most lotions give because they're just sitting on top. This one doesn't have that slimey feeling at all.

My old go-to lotions were Palmer's Cocoa Butter, Jergens Ultra Healing, and Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme(in the tub). None of them moisturize as well as this lotion, last as long, make my skin as soft, or sink into my skin as quickly.

I considered taking off a lippie for the scent because I didn't always like it. I was used to more chocolate scented cocoa butter products. This has more of a honey/vanilla/marshallow scent mixed with some chocolate and it while it's light, it lasts all day. I love perfumes and this doesn't interfere with them or make them smell weird like some unscented lotions seem to do.

Will definitely repurchase.