Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 11/28/2011 6:12:00 AM

This is my HG setting powder. I absolutely love this powder, and hope it never gets discontinued. I use it on top of every different foundation I come across to finish the look, and it goes well with all other brands and types of foundations. It doesn't cake, it doesn't smell funky or overly perfumed, and it works amazingly well. I only have to touch up once in a 12 hour shift at work. It stays on and controls oil very well, which is saying something because I'm usually a slick after a few hours of wearing makeup. This is a keeper!

on 11/23/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Came upon this item in Target and bought it on a whim. Never noticed it before. Got the medium and surprisingly, it works very well at minimizing oiliness and the color works for me. Minimal coverage if applied alone. I use it over a liquid foundation. Thin compact is good for throwing into a handbag. I had been using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in beige but that tends to look orange if I apply too many times in a day. This Cover Girl is a better shade for me--more of a neutral.

on 11/13/2011 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have one in a green case its ok

on 9/17/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The product itself is not very good at all, but when used correctly and with other products, it can look wonderful.
Pros:Compact is small, so it can fit in a purse or even a pocket
Soaks up moisture;Stops face from looking greasy or wet
Medium coverage, covers up most blemishes and easily matches skin colour
Price is good
Makes my face feel soft
Cons:Looks powdery and fake on it's own
Not too much colour selection, so it might not work for all people
*** tip/trick: I like to put a moisturizer or liquid foundation underneath to stop my face from looking like a peach with a beard (LOL)

on 8/25/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite CG powder will forever be the Fresh complexion oil control. If they could maybe add more colors to the line (for yellow undertones) then this would be my HG foundation. Yet CG insists on making everything pink (as do many other drugstore brands). I don't know if I got a bad one since this might have been sitting on the shelves for a while but mine had no coverage what-so-ever. There's a slight shimmer in this powder, which I don't mind as it tends to make skin look glowy, but other people might. The other negative part to this powder is the smell. Who thought that old sun tan lotion smelled great? It doesn't and I don't normally complain about the smell of a product but this is just awful. This ended up powdery on my skin and never did anything the other CG powders I've used in the past have. I will be returning this.

This is the only Cover Girl powder I would use! yes, becoz the color just perfect for my skin tone, it is oil free and goes on smooth on my face, i use medium translucent for my light to medium skin tone skin , i got it on sale for $6.99 , normally they sell it for $ 11.00 to $12.99 in Toronto Canada. I love this powder, I hope Cover Girl continue make this powder without change the formula. Thank you Cover Girl.

on 6/29/2011 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My true favorite powder is covergirl's clean fragrance free powder in the light green compact, but since CG decided to give it the axe, I tried this powder, and it's a darn close second to being my HG! This powder is great for minimizing pores, and diffusing flaws, and looks completely natural. I don't wear foundation, but have oily skin, and some large pores on my nose and inner cheeks and this works great for both issues. This has a very pleasant smell, but sometimes I wish it was fragrance free. Will repurchase!

on 3/28/2011 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this pressed powder in "translucent fair", and I have to say, I do like it. I use it to set my makeup, and it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. It gives light coverage, and never looks cakey on my skin. It's great for if you only want to go out in a tiny bit of makeup. Very natural. This product controls my oily skin and doesn't break me out.

Recently I was organizing my makeup case and this reappeared out of nowhere. This is the cheapest, worst pressed powder ever! It did absolutely nothing. I bought it in Translucent Light, probably because I was poor at the moment and couldn't buy my favorite one. Eek, it was a waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! I don't buy much covergirl, but they are deffinatley one of the classic brands! My friend gave me this product because it was way to light for her, it is in translucent medium. It looks way too dark for me, but since it is just a powder it doesnt transfer the color, which is great. This keeps my oil in check and doesnt look cakey at all! I love it. :)

Recommended for Normal Skin