September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Came upon this item in Target and bought it on a whim. Never noticed it before. Got the medium and surprisingly, it works very well at minimizing oiliness and the color works for me. Minimal coverage if applied alone. I use it over a liquid foundation. Thin compact is good for throwing into a handbag. I had been using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in beige but that tends to look orange if I apply too many times in a day. This Cover Girl is a better shade for me--more of a neutral.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have one in a green case its ok

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Julia456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

The product itself is not very good at all, but when used correctly and with other products, it can look wonderful.
Pros:Compact is small, so it can fit in a purse or even a pocket
Soaks up moisture;Stops face from looking greasy or wet
Medium coverage, covers up most blemishes and easily matches skin colour
Price is good
Makes my face feel soft
Cons:Looks powdery and fake on it's own
Not too much colour selection, so it might not work for all people
*** tip/trick: I like to put a moisturizer or liquid foundation underneath to stop my face from looking like a peach with a beard (LOL)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

My favorite CG powder will forever be the Fresh complexion oil control. If they could maybe add more colors to the line (for yellow undertones) then this would be my HG foundation. Yet CG insists on making everything pink (as do many other drugstore brands). I don't know if I got a bad one since this might have been sitting on the shelves for a while but mine had no coverage what-so-ever. There's a slight shimmer in this powder, which I don't mind as it tends to make skin look glowy, but other people might. The other negative part to this powder is the smell. Who thought that old sun tan lotion smelled great? It doesn't and I don't normally complain about the smell of a product but this is just awful. This ended up powdery on my skin and never did anything the other CG powders I've used in the past have. I will be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

This is the only Cover Girl powder I would use! yes, becoz the color just perfect for my skin tone, it is oil free and goes on smooth on my face, i use medium translucent for my light to medium skin tone skin , i got it on sale for $6.99 , normally they sell it for $ 11.00 to $12.99 in Toronto Canada. I love this powder, I hope Cover Girl continue make this powder without change the formula. Thank you Cover Girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My true favorite powder is covergirl's clean fragrance free powder in the light green compact, but since CG decided to give it the axe, I tried this powder, and it's a darn close second to being my HG! This powder is great for minimizing pores, and diffusing flaws, and looks completely natural. I don't wear foundation, but have oily skin, and some large pores on my nose and inner cheeks and this works great for both issues. This has a very pleasant smell, but sometimes I wish it was fragrance free. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by krissysmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this pressed powder in "translucent fair", and I have to say, I do like it. I use it to set my makeup, and it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. It gives light coverage, and never looks cakey on my skin. It's great for if you only want to go out in a tiny bit of makeup. Very natural. This product controls my oily skin and doesn't break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently I was organizing my makeup case and this reappeared out of nowhere. This is the cheapest, worst pressed powder ever! It did absolutely nothing. I bought it in Translucent Light, probably because I was poor at the moment and couldn't buy my favorite one. Eek, it was a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by somethingbeautiful

I love this powder! I don't buy much covergirl, but they are deffinatley one of the classic brands! My friend gave me this product because it was way to light for her, it is in translucent medium. It looks way too dark for me, but since it is just a powder it doesnt transfer the color, which is great. This keeps my oil in check and doesnt look cakey at all! I love it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by burberryrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! Today I was traveling around a very humid area of the country and my face felt and looked oily, so I just whipped this out and used a big fluffy blush to apply it. I love the fact that it looks EXTREMELY natural on my skin--not cakey at all--even with several touch-ups, and retains the moisture in your skin (which is important for me, since I sweat easily and my skin can fluctuate from very oily to very dry). I got this in 710, Translucent Light, although I really should have gone for 705...it's a bit dark for my vampire-ish skin. However, it is really very translucent, so the color isn't a huge issue. I don't mind the smell...I think it actually smells good...and the compact is super cute! I wouldn't recommend using the little velvet pad that comes with it, however, because it gets extremely dirty and oily quickly, and it's hard to clean. Just use a fluffy powder brush! It will give a lighter coverage and is much easier to clean.

I do tend to get tired of my makeup quickly, and am always on the hunt for a perfect powder, but this is a good fall-back option.