April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Bianca80

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The way I hear this described by the vendors on QVC and in magazines is no way how it smells (In the bottle, on me, or on other people). It smells like a public mall bathroom air freshner or like someone rolled around in used kitty litter. I've smelled this on many people and not one I have ever liked it on. It gives me a instant headache (I pretty much never get headaches, especially from the smell of perfume).
All the Graces I do not like and they all smell very perfumey and not very fresh, pretty, crisp or clean. The only perfume from Phil I like is Falling In Love. It does smell as described. I do hear lots of people complain how the "Graces" do not last. On me I have never had that problem. They last on me(go figure,lol).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by libraryhill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy on this, but I went to Ulta this morning just to try this (and to pick up some UD e/s.) I sprayed and then played. I'm 3 hours in and what I know is that this is exactly like Escada's Into the Blue. I didn't like the Escada and I don't like this. I even feel a headache coming on. I wanted to like this so much because I love the skincare line by Philosophy, but this particular fragrance is a fail for me. I'm going to try the newer fragrances next time such as Falling In Love which smelled good from what I could smell from the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing Grace has a cloyingly sweet smell that mercifully, doesn't last too long. No sillage to speak of.

It reminded me of the Johnson & Johnson Cologne for babies. There's no depth and the perfume seems badly constructed. I was given this and the matching solid perfume as a gift and couldn't bring myself to pass it on to a friend, that's how much I disliked it. I couldn't bear the thought of foisting this off on any friend of mine. Philosophy may have intended to interpret childhood's freshness with this scent but unfortunately, it was waaaay off mark. It smells cheap in the worst way, reminding me of those dreadful knock-off perfumes.
Philosophy's packaging is clean & distinctive, though.

If you're in to mood to smell wholesome and appealing, trying Skin Musk by Parfums de Coeur instead - it's STREETS ahead in quality and achieves what Amazing Grace alas, does NOT.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ok, I really like this scent...the problem I have is that philosophy's fragrances are so high in alcohol content that the actual fragrance doesn't last that long....I love the way AG smells and have tried the lotion, shower/bath gel, and body scrub - they all smell divine...BUT, even with layering, it still doesn't last that long...I'd buy it again, though...how sad is that LOL....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

I was curious of this product because I saw it was on Oprah's favorite things, So I went to the mall to try, from that moment i have to have it it smells so clean and fresh, even my sister bought it and we get a lot of compliments. It's been my perfume for a long time and I still love it. This is one of my staple scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Msdoodle68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mum bought me this perfume about 6 years ago, and i haven't stopped using it since, it's my signature scent! It smells clean, classy and pretty, and i love it, and won't stop using it, i also get comments about how nice i smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by GravityGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not a 'perfume' kinda gal by any means. In my younger days I opted for the obligatory (for my era) White Linen and Lauren. As I got a little olderI found and adored Laura Ashley No. 1. I wore it as 'my' fragrance until alas, it was discontinued.

Since then I have not found a scent I would like enough to wear daily until Philosophy's Amazing Grace. After reading online product reviews, I thought the description of the fragrance notes sounded like my cup of tea and so I headed to Ulta to pick up a sample. I agree that the EDC is not as long-lasting as the EDP, but that is usually the case with fragrance.

My sample was EDC. I loved the initial impression of white floral with a hint of musk, but the lovely surprise of warm citrus that evolved after wearing on my skin was heavenly! I decided after a few days to go back and purchase the Eau de Parfum and am just thrilled. I like that Amazing Grace is not obvious. People will say I smell nice, but not immediately ask 'What are you wearing?' when I enter a room.

The scent is feminine and fresh and I agree with other reviewers that it is reminiscent of the beach. In fact, my fiance, who usually dislikes fragrances asked me after smelling my neck if I was using a new shampoo! That's how subtle it is.

I recommend this scent to any woman who is usually turned off by perfumes and heavy fragrances. I just love Amazing Grace!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

I have perfumes that are more exotic, more expensive, more "interesting." Still, I find that I reach for Amazing Grace more often than all of them combined. It is just a lovely, fresh, clean, feminine scent. Terribly wearable. And I almost always get compliments when I wear it, from men and women alike. This is a scent where *you* wear *it*, instead of the other way around. It's a classic for a reason. In a word? Wonderful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by karencherries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

the lightest, softest fragrance I have ever tried. it's so soft, feminine and delicate. gentle floral with a soapy clean undertone. a touch of musk, but not very noticeable. definitely can classified as a skin scent.

i would have given it 5 lippies, but the lasting power isn't that great. if you want a scent that can be smelled from across the room, then don't buy this. if you like an understated, less is more fragrances. this is perfect for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by curlyq5008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love. My go-to scents are clean and fresh, and this fits the bill perfectly with a little something special in the mix. My hubby loves it as well, and he has a pickier nose than mine! Will definitely purchase again!