Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.6

on 12/2/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I always loved the smell of Amazing Grace but didnt feel like spending sooo much money on an EDT that didnt last. On one of my last recent trips to Macys i decided to to purchase the EDP along with the matching lotion assuming it would last. First of all i love the smell, it is amazing, IMO. Smells like shampoo, i adore that scent and if u read my other reviews you'll find this to be true! I just love the smell of freshly washed hair and/or skin! Wore it yesteday and my sister told me that i smell like a great shampoo. Call me weird, but that's a compliment. This perfume is soft and not cloying at all, you will be happy that you're the one smelling so AMAZING, really. Also ive seen other reviewers describing this as powdery, which is weird because on me its str8 shampoo from beginning to end. It has decent staying power. IMO perfumes that u LOVE doesnt seem to last long. I bet if it were sweet, loud and MUSKY it would last forever...uuuggh!! Ask for this for chrismas, it's worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Normally, I don't wear florals. This one is ok. On me, it's 100% floral with a hint of powder to it. It's a good change up and polar opposite when I'm not in the mood for my usual warm, amber, go-to fragrances. It's not too strong, couldn't picture it offening most, has decent staying power and pretty versatile for year round wear. I just don't like it enough to purchase again. Overall, it's just an OK perfume. And over hyped.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love Amazing Grace. I usually don't like "clean", "baby powdery", "fresh" fragrances; I prefer dirty, musky, sweet scents. This perfume is the exception! It's so feminine and reminds me of baby cologne or something a new mom would wear around her baby. It's soft, sweet, and a bit floral (and I usually hate floral notes). I think the name is very fitting because this does strike me as a very "graceful" scent. I sprayed it on myself today right before I went running, which would seem like a weird time to wear this perfume but it made me feel happy to smell it while I ran. Afterwards, when I was sweaty and covered in dust from the road, I still felt feminine because of this fragrance :) I would recommend this for work, a date, or anytime you want to wear an uplifting, classy, womanly perfume.

on 10/20/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love the subtle fragrance of this scent. It is light and can be used year round. I like that it has a powder smell to it but also a light floral scent.

on 9/16/2011 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I think my nose has outgrown Amazing Grace - whether in the Eau de Parfum form or the weaker pure fragrance form. AG now smells like a cheap lipstick - you know the kind that have just too much unnecessary fragrance added to it and it wafts irritatingly into your nose.

When AG first came out well over a decade ago, I could swear it was a more complex fragrance with distinct top/middle/bottom notes (and a great musk in those bottom notes). Now it reeks of the worst synthetic aldehydes.

If anyone wants a "clean" scent to wear from the Philosophy line, skip over to Pure Grace.

on 9/12/2011 10:46:00 PM

Philosophy perfumes are the only ones that don't give me a headache, irritate my allergies, or make me feel like I'm just marinating in a cloud of fragrance all day long. I wore Pure Grace for a while...then Falling In Love...and now I've adopted Amazing Grace as my signature fragrance. It's the most perfect perfume I've ever worn. I can't smell any of the Philosophy fragrances on me, but I've always gotten plenty of compliments on all of them. AG gets me the most compliments, from both men and women. It makes me feel beautiful, classy, sophisticated, and feminine all at once. Spraying it on instantly lifts my mood and it's my favorite part of my morning routine. I don't feel like myself unless I have this fragrance on. I just bought my fourth bottle of AG, and I look forward to wearing it for as long as Philosophy keeps making it. Most wonderful fragrance ever!

on 8/29/2011 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Let me start off by saying I am really very picky when it comes to fragrance and could never find a "signature" fragrance because I get sick of them so fast, plus I am a Registered Nurse and we are not supposed to wear strong scents because of being around people with breathing problems....
I received a sample of Amazing Grace when I bought some of Philosophys other products on the website. I instantly fell in LOVE with it, it smells sooo clean, fresh and feminine. The first day I wore it, I walked into the grocery store about an hour later and I had 3 people say to me "Wow you smell good, what is that?"
Now, one problem that I just noticed, the scent USED TO last all day long.. But I think they must have changed the formulation because the last bottle I bought, well, it wears off really quickly, and it is not just me getting used to the scent , I ask others if they can smell it and they tell me no, and I have even noticed that in about 3-4 hours, even if I sniff my wrist, there is no trace of the fragrance left... This really sucks because it causes me to have to reapply during the day and to me, this fragrance is expensive, I mean, I bought the big bottle and I believe it cost me around $60.00-$70.00... I am not sure if they changed the formulation (watered it down more) or if my body chemistry has changed, I don't know? But I do know that my first few bottles definitely lasted much longer than my current bottle.
Overall, I would highly reccomend this fragrance to anyone looking for an "everyday, go-to, fresh" scent!
Maybe I will try layering the Parfum with the body lotion and that will help with the staying power?
Love this stuff!!!! Just wish it lasted long like it used to!

on 8/21/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Props for it smelling just like Amazing Grace cologne minus the cough inducing, scratchy hairspray note. Minus 1 lippie for being so expensive. Soft, understated white floral with a soft, soapy musk. The EdP smells exactly like the 3in1 which is what I like best about it! It's too expensive for what it is -but so is the entire Philosophy line. I always repurchase when I use it up -but not right away. I have to 'miss' it to justify dropping $$$ for it.

on 7/7/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received a free GWP bottle of Amazing Grace body wash a couple years ago and loved the scent. Clean soapy detergent scent with a bit of floral and definite musk. I'm a fan of clean detergent smelling scents as well as musk as it's like having cleanliness mixed with body odor as musk can smell that way at times. To find scents that embrace the two is a win-win for me! Amazing Grace can be smelled everywhere from teens to grandmothers but I don't care about that. This fragrance is calming and centering for me and though it's not something I'd wear daily I've found that it's quite comforting on days when I'm stressed out. Also great for days when it's rainy and all you want to do is wear a snuggly sweater and watch movies on the couch. Got this in an EDP rollerball and it's great for travel. Giving this a 4 as it's great for what it is.

on 3/22/2011 9:50:00 PM

I bought a small bottle of this. I am glad I just bought the small bottle. It's not that I hate this, I just don't love it. The floral really stands out on me and I am not one that likes heavy florals. So I will use it up but won't repurchase.

Popular Fragrances